+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you date a slightly overweight girl?

basically if u want to "look better" then u are insecure about ur current look.... where is the hard part of that?
    but if u want to keep fit then that's different
    there's no real reason to be judging other people for any reason, not untill u get to know them anyway.

me? i want to look better because i'm insecure (but i dont actually look anything less then ordinary).
    do i find big women attractive? none that i've seen but would i still love my gf if she was big? yes i would... where do u draw the line between being happy on the outside and being happy on the inside?

devasted if he was put off by ur body? u really think u would be upset if he was that shallow? give him a barbie doll and let him go then

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I get annoyed when people blather on about looking beyond the physical. If you're overweight that isn't just a physical problem. Why can't you control your eating? Why don't you exercise? Why don't you take pride in your appearance?

I really can't conceptualize 70kilos in my head. Even pounds give me a tough time with women. I don't know how overweight that makes you. If it really is only slightly overweight I empathize. Otherwise...
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I get annoyed when people blather on about looking beyond the physical. If you're overweight that isn't just a physical problem. Why can't you control your eating? Why don't you exercise? Why don't you take pride in your appearance?

I really can't conceptualize 70kilos in my head. Even pounds give me a tough time with women. I don't know how overweight that makes you. If it really is only slightly overweight I empathize. Otherwise...
    Not everyone is overweight because they eat too much and/or exercise too little. It's best to understand this up front. Not to mention that there are a good number of people who over eat for personal comfort due to mental issues. Nothing at all to do with eating too much, and all too much to do with an inability to cope with something without food.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Not everyone is overweight because they eat too much and/or exercise too little. It's best to understand this up front. Not to mention that there are a good number of people who over eat for personal comfort due to mental issues. Nothing at all to do with eating too much, and all too much to do with an inability to cope with something without food.
    I would suggest gorging on food for comfort is still eating too much. Intent doesn't change the act.

Given the way society penalises fat people, I don't understand why anybody would allow themselves to become severlely overweight.

I know what you're going to say "the thyroid, the thyroid"
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmeQdm4rsoo"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

i like food. food is good.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mum makes me fat. Everytime I move home for a while I put on a couple of kgs.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some meds make people fat, too. My daughter ended up losing 22 lbs in a month after she quit taking Depakote (she wasn't really fat, but kind of chubby when on it). We didn't realize it was the medication that did it till she went off. Pity the medication she's on now isn't working, and the will probably be changing it. Anti-seizure meds are well-known to add pounds.

As for me, I'm going with the thyroid excuse.

i'm going for the "i'm on psychotropic medication" excuse.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

In the weight gain dilemma? Well... I live in the US.. which is notorious for its 'weight problem'. More specifically I live in Texas... which is known for having a big 'weight problem.' And then I live in Dallas... which has an 'obesity problem.'

I see people engorging themselves everyday. Sharing in a meal is used in celebration, closing a deal (in the business field), a way to properly greet guests/relatives, minor entertainment, and a way to satisfy curiosity (oh... I haven't went there before). The shear number of restaurants here is staggering... and the vast majority are not health-conscious eating places.

So I know... it makes the obese feel 'bad'... but I have to side with the idea that the majority are overweight because they simply do not realize that the good food they eat far exceeds their energy requirements. Many health problems here in Dallas can be attributed to the weight problem --- not the health problem causing the weight gain.

True... you'll have those who are overweight due to genetic disposition, medicinal side effects, and mental illnesses causing irregular eating habits --- but that's just a minority. The majority are willingly putting either excess foods into their bellies or food with excess energy potential that exceeds their requirements into their bellies.

They don't have to necessarily exercise to be 'fit'... but eating within the range in which your body's metabolism can keep up couldn't hurt.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post

True... you'll have those who are overweight due to genetic disposition, medicinal side effects, and mental illnesses causing irregular eating habits --- but that's just a minority.
    Obesity is actually considered an eating disorder (psychiatric). the world is full of crazy folk.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Obesity is actually considered an eating disorder (psychiatric). the world is full of crazy folk.

And those willing to hide accountability behind the guise of psychological disorders...

I've went through the system... I've seen how labels are given out to those who really do not qualify for such disorders... Also, the validity of psychology itself as being a genuine field of science is often in question as well... even by those who practice it.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 things.

1.) Everyone loves to believe they suffer from some "disease" because that makes them a victim, rather than the perpetrator of their own circumstances.

2.) Dallas is a poor excuse for a city. You can't walk anywhere like you can in other cities. Everybody is pretty much forced to sit in their trucks and drive everywhere on all the extensive highways.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    And those willing to hide accountability behind the guise of psychological disorders...

I've went through the system... I've seen how labels are given out to those who really do not qualify for such disorders... Also, the validity of psychology itself as being a genuine field of science is often in question as well... even by those who practice it.
    Hey, I don't make this shit up. It's in the DSM-IV, right along with anorexia.

To some extent, I buy it. Anyone who'd be willing to either starve themselves to death OR eat themselves to death is clearly not right in the head.
    Last edited by vashti; 10-05-09 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Hey, I don't make this shit up. It's in the DSM-IV, right along with anorexia.

Wasn't a personal attack on you... I've seen it in the DSM-IV as well (own the book, in fact)... but I have first hand experience with the process of psychological diagnosis and it's occasional 'misuse.'

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but there's a fair bit ground between eating and starving oneself to death. A lot of ground for those who just can't be bothered to watch what they eat and/or do the occasional run around the block.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast