+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boyfriend wants a break

If he wants a break, break his nose. If he wants space, push him out an airlock. A viable relationship is not improved by taking a break from the relationship. He is thinking about leaving you and this break is just a practice run.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

All hail to Vincenzo the wise. He is the chosen one, the Jedi Master of the forum. Posts wisely does he.

It's falling on deaf ears.....

So he was a complete a-hole to me today even though he has been talking to me over email the last couple days... I ran into him this morning and sent a simple email like "that made me miss you" and he just responded like a dick for what seemed like no reason so. I'm taking my friends advice and all of yours. I'm just going to ignore him for a week or more or until the end of the break. If he ends up wanting to break up then so be it. I'm sick of getting walked all over like a weakling.

Just letting everyone we broke up! I ended the break early bc I couldn't take it anymore.... And I almost immediately found many new guys that want to go out, but one in particular that is much more like me about relationships! I'm so much happier now (though it's still new obviously). Anyway now my ex bf is begging me back and all this crap and I've just been nice to him about it but explaining we just aren't right for each other, regardless of him saying he will "change". Thanks you all very much, especially the poster who said she had the same kind of relationship for a long time and then found a guy who is more like her - since there's nothing wrong with that. The amazing thing to me is that I feel more like myself and even though this new relationship is still in early stages, so we are still dating/not hanging out everyday or something - I actually trust him and don't have all these feelings like he's lying like I had with my ex (feelings I started to have with him after 2 weeks and I rightfully should have had them).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123