+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Disturbing Horror Movie You Ever Saw.

I didn't reckon much to the Blair Witch Project, watched it half way through and was bored.

I will keep a look out for the book. I like Clive Barker and love the Hellraisers. They are top of my favourite horror movies.

I've seen Hostel, and yep it wasn't a romantic movie you're supposed to watch on your first date or something.
    Anyways.. think it's not real and it isn't so bad.

Oh I dunno. The first time I met my ex, I'd wanted to go and watch Saw V at the cinema. But he said he didn't like scary movies, which in 'man language' probably meant, he'd rather be doing other stuff with me...or trying, lol

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    How about Darkness falls, The exorcism of Emily Rose, Mirrors or Paranormal activity ?
    mirrors??? hahaha... the best part was amy smart getting naked in that movie. other than that, i fast fowarded most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chickyhannah View Post
    i have seen the last house on the left,and thought it was INSANE!
    Have you seen Haunting in Conneticut or Paranormal activity? Haunting in Conneticut gave me nightmares for that one night BUT Paranormal activity gave me nightmares for month's and still does sometimes. CAN"T WAIT FOR PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2. i saw the trailer in theater's and screamed. it's better than the first, i can tell.

the last house in the left... umm.... what about it wasn't scary or uninteresting? sorry, i give it a thumbs down.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Personally i love supernatural horrors. The ones where you literally have to think what would i do in this situation? If running is or fighting is not a plausable option then i find it scary. The majority of horrors arent like that as the bad guy or bad thing as such just preys on the dumb or vulnerable.

Yeah I prefer supernatural and ghostly horrors too. If they are running from a monster as they did in Friday 13th, Nightmare of Elm Street, etc and right throughout the film, it's boring.

This is where the like of Saw, Final Destination was different. I quite liked the Others.

Got told that Paranormal Activity is a pile of corruption and is boring. Only scary thing that happens, is that a door slams. lol. So glad I didn't waste any money :|

Yeah I prefer supernatural and ghostly horrors too. If they are running from a monster as they did in Friday 13th, Nightmare of Elm Street, etc and right throughout the film, it's boring.
    If you prefer it, I suggest you watch some Thai horror films. I don't watch them much, but most of them that I watched involved the supernatural.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

^^Can you pass the titles on of some good Thai horrors then? Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's funny, but the first time that i watched the grudge, i could never look at the attic door the same. as time passes, you eventually get over it, but i swear, that movie tripped me out. damn ghosts.

raverboy

Back when I was 10 or 11 I watched a movie called "Sleepwalker", swedish movie though, about a guy who was living a normal lifestyle and then finds out that he's accidentally killing off his family while sleepwalking.

Scared me like hell, but fortunately the end of the movie was that it was all a dream, otherwise I wouldn't have slept for days back then

But since then, no, it's either just plain gross or uses excessive noise to evoke a reaction, nothing particularly scary.

Well that is great Lipp....I would've kept an eye out for that, but you spoilt the ending so pointless buying it now

I watched the Grudge a few weeks back at 2am in the morning and all alone...it was c-r-e-e-p-y. Half way through I had to go to the bathroom which is upstairs and I hadn't yet replaced the lightbulb so it was dark. I kept thinking of that part where she crawls down the stairs and was crapping myself on the way to the bathroom...lols. They say the original version of the Grudge is way scarier than the one Sarah Michelle Gellar stars in.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ the japanese version is called, "ju-on". because it's older, it's a bit more black and white. however, i think that the japanese version was better. if you get a chance to, you might want to check out black rain, however, get the japanese version. the american version is way too slow for me.

raverboy

Not much for me to name, I'm not exactly a horror fan lol. I watched 4bia, 4bia 2, My Ex (Not scary, though :/), Coming Soon, Shutter, etc.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ shutter was also shitty...

oh shit, if you want a kinda sick movie to watch. you should watch "ted bundy" it's the story of his life of how he was a mass murderer and rapist. damn, this guy would even have sexy with women after they have been dead for at least a week... yummy.

raverboy

Illusional, speaking of Amy Smart, I really enjoyed Seventh Moon. It was a good, solid horror movie that just happened to be based on some Chinese folklore that I'm not very familiar with. Like all my favorite horror movies, it had a strong internal logic to the way the horrific elements worked, and played fair with those elements. Smart was good in it, very believable.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast