+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does PMS really not affect some girls or are they just not aware of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    Things PMS Stands For:

1. Pass My Shotgun

2. Psychotic Mood Shift

3. Perpetual Munching Spree

4. Puffy Mid-Section

5. People Make me Sick

6. Provide Me with Sweets

7. Pardon My Sobbing

8. Pimples May Surface

9. Pass My Sweatpants

10. Plainly; Men Suck

11. Pack My Stuff

12. Potential Murder Suspect

I love this...this is getting shared with all my girlfriends.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

All women are different and get affected differently, some more some less. Guys sensitivity to PMS (or lack of) plays a part as well, how much it irritates you may play a role in how much moodiness you will be putting up with. I think best solution is to give the girl personal freedom and leave her to her own devices until it passes.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Eek. Is that PMS? jk

I didn't intend to generalize my statements. I said that they are major factors. If I give you a cure or treatment then are you not treating some type of 'factor'?

How do you know that I did not find balance and that is the reason I do not experience PMS? Plus everyone is different. We all experience things differently. Hopefully we will understand more about this condition and effectively treat it. It's so common that almost all women have it and can be considered a norm rather than an anomaly.
    Is that meant to say that you DID find balance? So can I ask did you actually suffer from PMS and change your lifestyle? If so it obviously works for you and no offence intended from my previous post.

Of course everyone is different that is a given and sure some studies have said that the factors that you mention make a difference but do not get rid of PMS.

There are so many GP's (even women GP's) who just totally dismiss it. Every time I mention my struggle with PMS they can't wait to get out the prescription pad for some antidepressants or suggest Evening Primrose oil which does zip.

I guess I am just frustrated by the lack of understanding in particular by men and the medical community. I am also unimpressed with woman who use PMS as a blanket excuse for being a bitch when they don't have PMS at all (I heard this on the radio the other day - a woman who said she just says she has PMS to get away with things!).

There needs to be greater understanding and action for it. I don't get the fact that the greater majority of women suffer and there is no effective treatment.

Ok end of rant and no I don't have PMS

I cant fake PMSing. When I PMS, I become a different person, like I have split personalities, one being Nisha and the other being Kitty. I become SUPER sensitive, SUPER angry, SUPER everything other than happiness. Medicines dont work, cuz I'm still gonna be bleeding and it is depressing waking up to bloody sheets every month, and clothes, and chairs. I become over cautious about everything. When i get out a car, I always ask someone if my pants is messed up. It leaves me in such a panic, and I've been getting mines since I was frikken 8!!!!I've been getting my damn period for 10 damn years so far!!!! Sigh...periods suck
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I cant fake PMSing. When I PMS, I become a different person, like I have split personalities, one being Nisha and the other being Kitty. I become SUPER sensitive, SUPER angry, SUPER everything other than happiness. Medicines dont work, cuz I'm still gonna be bleeding and it is depressing waking up to bloody sheets every month, and clothes, and chairs. I become over cautious about everything. When i get out a car, I always ask someone if my pants is messed up. It leaves me in such a panic, and I've been getting mines since I was frikken 8!!!!I've been getting my damn period for 10 damn years so far!!!! Sigh...periods suck

OH MY GOD! 8 years old...You poor thing

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    PMS is in imbalance in hormones. Not all women get it but MANY do. I think it's the food, medications, stress, etc that is a major factor. These women need to find a way to balance it.

I don't get PMS

If I'm pissed off or grumpy, then I have a good reason and it can happen any time of the month (Note: I don't get grumpy anymore now that the ex is gone ).

Balance is key .
    I want what Lesa's on.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    oh yeah. i forgot we're supposed to be pleasant all the time.
    Well apparently we are. Especially when you aren't.

Actually some women may genuinely not know why exactly their moods have changed, but being a woman myself, a week before my period begins I'm on pins and needles and I fly off the handle SOO easily about things that would ordinarily not make me angry. I have more arguments with my bf too and I cry for no reason as well sometimes. Then it starts and all is right with the world again...LOL : )
    Last edited by elfen31; 26-09-08 at 02:25 AM.

Gosh. Eye opener. I didn't even know it had a name.

I get so depressed the day, some times two days, before my periods start... And always when it starts, I think, ah, so that's why you felt so down. I always thought I was weird for being completely happy during and depressed before. I've never been able to understand it, though... I just don't understand crying for silly reasons, and still it happens every month... A day later I think wtf was that about :S I feel sorry for all the guys out there, I can imagine how hard it is being around those cranky-for-no-reason girls

Quote Originally Posted by CompletePimp View Post
    Well apparently we are. Especially when you aren't.
    you're catching you cpimp.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Gosh. Eye opener. I didn't even know it had a name.

I get so depressed the day, some times two days, before my periods start... And always when it starts, I think, ah, so that's why you felt so down. I always thought I was weird for being completely happy during and depressed before. I've never been able to understand it, though... I just don't understand crying for silly reasons, and still it happens every month... A day later I think wtf was that about :S I feel sorry for all the guys out there, I can imagine how hard it is being around those cranky-for-no-reason girls
    Yea...feel so sorry for the guys cuz they gotta put up with it blah blah....bullshit....they have the ability to walk out the door and avoid any conflicts and we're stuck with our period for a week and sometimes two. The men arent obligated, they choose to stick around and hear their women nag. I already said if they dont wanna hear me bitch, the door is right there. I dont want anyone around me when I have my period anyway cuz Im not the same person I am without it. So feeling sorry for men who choose to stay home with their gfs/wives/fiances while she's on her period is dumb IMO because they dont HAVE to put up with it. They're basically asking for it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Yea...feel so sorry for the guys cuz they gotta put up with it blah blah....bullshit....they have the ability to walk out the door and avoid any conflicts and we're stuck with our period for a week and sometimes two. The men arent obligated, they choose to stick around and hear their women nag. I already said if they dont wanna hear me bitch, the door is right there. I dont want anyone around me when I have my period anyway cuz Im not the same person I am without it. So feeling sorry for men who choose to stay home with their gfs/wives/fiances while she's on her period is dumb IMO because they dont HAVE to put up with it. They're basically asking for it.
    I don't agree: I'm not taking the pill and my periods come very irregularly. So I get cranky for no reason at all, without knowing why. And I can only relate it to my periods when they actually start a day or two later, so my bf is not able to just dismiss it, simply because he (and me!) doesn't know.
    I'm perfectly happy again when they start though, no probs there. Only problem then is that I still wanna have sex then while my bf grosses out at the idea. But that's another issue

Only problem then is that I still wanna have sex then while my bf grosses out at the idea. But that's another issue
    I'd be grossed out too...the bedroom will look like a crime scene when you are through.

Only problem then is that I still wanna have sex then while my bf grosses out at the idea. But that's another issue

Never send a boy in to do a man's work.

Can someone actually explain the whole cycle/pms thingy? I guess it would be useful to know when she's angry because of her hormones, because I'm a sensitive guy and the behavior that comes with it is pissing me off sometimes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast