+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You Care About What a Guy Does?

I do care about what he does because I don't want to take care of no man.

I think a good man is someone who can actively participate in the relationship. Whether there is a lot of money, or pay check to pay check. If a man and a woman do not have a loving respectful fun and sexy relationship, it is going to be a lonely life. Yes we all prefer to have financial security, so to have the best of both would be to have a man who loves his family, is actively involved with his family and is able to provide a good income. But hey, the same can be said about a good woman.....

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    What about teachers/professors?

They're alright. I'd prefer a professor.....better educated in their specific field, more money. Teachers make pretty much nothing. Also, if they taught elementary school, I don't think I could handle that. We couldn't have a very deep discussion about their lessons that day. It would be too 'cutesy'. At least a prof would be able to have a really in depth discussion about papers he's asked his students to write, and the theories behind it etc etc.

I like that I can come home and talk business with my man. We can pour out our frustrations to each other without having to explain what we're talking about (like we have to with friends and fam).
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Stability is the most important aspect to me. The big money stuff isn't the most important thing, at least not to me. Career is just away of showing that he's realiable and he's working toward his future.

FYI not everyone wants to marry to a doctor or lawyer....

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    They're alright. I'd prefer a professor.....better educated in their specific field, more money. Teachers make pretty much nothing. Also, if they taught elementary school, I don't think I could handle that. We couldn't have a very deep discussion about their lessons that day. It would be too 'cutesy'. At least a prof would be able to have a really in depth discussion about papers he's asked his students to write, and the theories behind it etc etc.
    If he's teaching undergrad, chances are you'll get the better stories from the elementary teacher. At least s/he would get some creative, unquashed ideas instead of trying to regurgitate from a text to guess what they think the prof wants to read.

I used to think the same way you did, Blue until I got involved on the Exec for our son's school and got to know the teachers & their issues. Elementary teachers have lots of interesting behavioural/developmental issues to deal with. Its actually a VERY important time in a child's life, not nearly as boring as I used to think. Elementary teachers often have more training than a high school teacher, tho they are often paid less. Early childhood education and psychology is a requirement for them.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe if I had children it would be interesting, but at this point, not so much.

All the elementary school teachers I've ever met spend more time bitching about their jobs than having any meaningful conversations about it.

And no, I wouldn't want a teaching undergrad. Like you said, they generally don't have any ideas of their own yet.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Cam! Shut up already! Next you'll be telling them about the 6 mos - 1 year paid vacation that happens every 3 - 5 years or so for your sort.
    And the 3 month paid vacation happens every year. Plus, if you swing it right, you can do grant work and make twice as much

Anything else I shouldn't mention?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    From the title and it was odd to open it to come talk about jobs. It sounded to me that this was supposed to be about hobbies, interests, sports whatever my guy was into so I'll answer both.

Yes, I'm interested in what he is, at least enough to learn what it is about. If I don't like it , I don't like it. I do not however wish to take such and interest away from him, I just won't submerge myself into it. Though my guy is into hockey, racing, skiing, fish, and snakes. I play hockey, I have raced, I love F1, I am a skier, I have a fish tank, we own 4 snakes. Other than the skiing part, he's intoduced me to all of those things. Whew, my life was boring.

For him: he takes an interest in my things too. I love dancing- he will. I love shopping, he'll come. I like girly movies, he will take me. Might not have hobbies like he does, but he certainly takes an interest in what I do as well.

As for the job: well yeah, money makes a difference obviously. But I want him to come home to me at a decent hour, with a decent check- that is all. I don't want to see my man for 2hrs a day making millions. Though, we do need to maintain a lifestyle which means a certain income- so long that is met, we're happy.

It would still boil down to "Individual Differences"!

Some would prefer a guy with stable and good income, some would prefer bad boys, some would go for an athlete, etc....

It all depends on what and who makes you happy..
    Spanked by Frasbee.
    Spanked again by Gigabitch. What, Kara? You don't learn?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123