+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    We Gen-X'ers are just really out of it sometimes, I guess.
    Oh yes, I had to learn an entirely new management style to work w/them. Old school values doesn't motivate them at all. Keywords: baseless entitlement. Its damn frightening the workforce is increasingly dependent on them as the boomers retire. We're thinking about getting out early partly for this reason.

There's a book called "Gen Me" if you're interested. Good read.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I must be lucky. I know lots of fantastic, brilliant young people... much smarter than my generation.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

We are Generation Uber. Part of the Underground in hiding. We're waiting for the dumbing down of Gen Me to be complete so we can take over.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    UberGen? LOL.

GenMe could do well if someone would just pull the damn pacifier out.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I must be lucky. I know lots of fantastic, brilliant young people... much smarter than my generation.
    Its not their smartness in question. Today's youth have tons of knowledge. In fact, information is practically free nowadays. Its an easy gotten commodity, even without formal education. Its the unrealistic sense of entitlement that goes with it. Fresh out of college grads expecting to be promoted to company CEO based on their straight-A transcript & no real-life experience. Knowledge that is useless (or sometimes outright damaging) without the experience to apply it correctly.

Wait 20 years until you have some young nursing school graduate telling you something you know from long experience just won't work in practice.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sure, I've seen the type. They are simply lacking in reality-based experiences. They'll get it, though.

This is nothing new... the dot.com generation had to learn the hard way, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can you really blame these kids when you consider that they're brought up by their parents and teachers to go to college so they don't have to work the shitty jobs? So they don't have to climb those ladders?

That's the picture my hard working father painted for me. These suggestions that if I work hard in school and put in the time, I'll get a much easier but well paying job then he'll ever have. So far, I've met many people who put in the time and haven't had much to show for it. Some people get out and go back home to mom while they "wait for the right job".

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    Abortion is murder, period.

Why do you need permission or social approval to kill? You will still be a murderer.
    Even if we say it is murder - even though the mechanism and situation is vastly different - you should know that sometimes murder IS ethical.

So it's kinda more like hanging off the edge of a cliff and having someone clinging to your legs. Is the person who shakes them off and climbs up on the cliff morally as much of a murderer as someone who stalks and repeatedly stabs someone to death in cold blood?

you've got some thinking to do before you threaten complete strangers with pretty much the most damning label out there.

i've seen people far younger than 23 have kids.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree that 23 is too old to be using abortion as a form of birth control. Most of us grow up because we are pushed by circumstance. It is time for this young woman to grow up. However, I hate to see a baby pay the price for their parent's irresponsibility, which leads me back to my original position --> adoption.

BTW, Tiay - I can't think of a single circumstance for which murder is ethical. Killing, perhaps, but not murder. Someone who views abortion as murder (and not entirely without justification, in my opinion) will never consider it ethical, but those who view it as killing can.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Can you really blame these kids when you consider that they're brought up by their parents and teachers to go to college so they don't have to work the shitty jobs? So they don't have to climb those ladders?
    Actually, I blame the education system. In some ways, I think the college/trade school education is much more realistic than the university-based system. Which is why, at least in Canada, we're finding a shift in federal funding away from universities & more towards trade colleges. At least the graduates of those come out w/directly relevant usable skills, usually b/c they've had some kind of coop workplace training as part of their degree. Nursing, building & electrical trades, landscapers, medical & dental technicians, counsellors & social workers, hospitality trades, etc. The university grads are often woefully ignorant of anything beyond theoretical knowledge, I find, with the exception of things like business & engineering. But they are required to do 2 years of apprentice work before taking their board exam. Others, like teachers, physicians, scientists, lawyers, are all required to get further education to learn the practical stuff.

I'm going to encourage my son to do a trade rather than a university degree if its relevant. Even tho he gets university free, I think he'll find it more useful.

End of rant.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    Abortion is murder, period.

Why do you need permission or social approval to kill? You will still be a murderer.
    in my opinion... the baby which is only a week or so old is still like my thumb. it's a bunch of cells that without me permission, wouldn't move. if i feel that i don't need my thumb, then i should have that right to chop it off.

secondly, i don't believe in souls so therefore, an unborn child doesn't have a soul.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    when you think about it, most of these unknown people cross your path through a friend or a one night stand. and if you're willing to have sex with them, then you'd better be ready for deal with the consequences.

raverboy
    Sorry I tend to agree with this post.

And unfortunately there isn't really any advice anyone can give on this one. Your sister has to make this decision on her own since she is the one that will be living with the one she makes. She does have choices but she has to figure out which one is right for her. There's a lot of things to take into consideration and she'll have to really think about them all.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually, I blame the education system. In some ways, I think the college/trade school education is much more realistic than the university-based system. Which is why, at least in Canada, we're finding a shift in federal funding away from universities & more towards trade colleges. At least the graduates of those come out w/directly relevant usable skills, usually b/c they've had some kind of coop workplace training as part of their degree. Nursing, building & electrical trades, landscapers, medical & dental technicians, counsellors & social workers, hospitality trades, etc. The university grads are often woefully ignorant of anything beyond theoretical knowledge, I find, with the exception of things like business & engineering. But they are required to do 2 years of apprentice work before taking their board exam. Others, like teachers, physicians, scientists, lawyers, are all required to get further education to learn the practical stuff.

I'm going to encourage my son to do a trade rather than a university degree if its relevant. Even tho he gets university free, I think he'll find it more useful.

End of rant.
    I couldn't agree with you more about the trade schools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
    Sorry I tend to agree with this post.

And unfortunately there isn't really any advice anyone can give on this one. Your sister has to make this decision on her own since she is the one that will be living with the one she makes. She does have choices but she has to figure out which one is right for her. There's a lot of things to take into consideration and she'll have to really think about them all.
    OMG! Rose, how are you??
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast