+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I go out with a guy who is a decade older than me?

Since you don't seem to have a problem meeting the guy, you should just go for it and see if he's really the person he says he is or if he's just full of shit.

But that could be dangerous. He refuses to skype? Why?

Don't know. He just kind of dodged it.

Actually, Michelle you have a point. I actually feel safer about skyping with him before I get involved. What if he has a wife at home and that is why he won't skype, right?

Update: He agreed to skyping tomorrow because I said I feel more comfortable skyping before meeting.

THANK GOODNESS. Was he pretty warm to the idea or did he attempt to finagle out of it?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Again, why Skype? Does somebody not own a phone?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Skype is way more effective. Why talk to someone without the benefit of visual cues like facial cues?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I haven't dated younger, but I've been in your shoes before, fearoflove. Honestly, as long as the chemistry is right, who cares? Go on a date with him and see what happens. You never know; he could be right for you, and you two could have a healthy relationship. If he isn't, at least you can say you gave it a try.

While my experience wasn't actually that great of one, I stand by the belief that age doesn't always reflect maturity. So, you two could be close on maturity levels without being close on age levels. On the downside, however, things could go with you like my last ex, who was seven years older than I. In the end, I ended up being more mature than him.
    But you'll never know if it'll work unless you give it a try. It's just one date, after all. What could it hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Skype is way more effective. Why talk to someone without the benefit of visual cues like facial cues?
    I suppose Skype has improved in recent years. A few years ago, a friend wanted to show me the wonders of Skype, by using my computer to call his business associate in Latvia. 90 frustrating minutes later, he gave up, after successfully connecting just long enough to say hi twice.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I wonder if a mature "decade" older male will be cool with no sex and just bj's? Serious question ... let us know, how he handles that catholic schoolgirl charm, fearoflove.

I don't know if I would have felt comfortable with that age difference when I was 23, but that type of a relationship can sometimes work. I know couples with that type of an age difference who've been married for decades. If it doesn't bother you, you may as well give it a shot. Just make sure you're on the same page as far as maturity level and what you want out of life before things get too serious.

I think the more important question is is he gonna treat you right, is he good boyfriend material? That's what's important.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123