+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ppl are such assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why do people idolize their cars so much? I mean, they're just cars; overpriced, factory made, motorized pieces of metal with leathered plush interior and all the electronic luxury bullshit that comes with it.

What are they investing in? Is that the best way they can express themselves with a few thousand dollars? I just don't get it.
    Maybe to some people the car means alot more than that? It could be that someone worked really hard to buy it and it represents a hard-earned goal achieved to him/her. That and the freedom to go wherever he/she wants.

I don't know. I don't have a car, nor do I need one here. But I wouldn't disparage someone for having a material possession that he or she really gives a shit about. I'm sort of that way with my computer.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do people idolize their cars so much? I mean, they're just cars; overpriced, factory made, motorized pieces of metal with leathered plush interior and all the electronic luxury bullshit that comes with it.

What are they investing in? Is that the best way they can express themselves with a few thousand dollars? I just don't get it.
    Your kumbaya attitude is getting annoying. People care about their cars because they WORK for them, and it is wrong when someone else takes what doesn't belong to them and vandalizes it.

Show a small amount of common sense, please.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Your kumbaya attitude is getting annoying. People care about their cars because they WORK for them, and it is wrong when someone else takes what doesn't belong to them and vandalizes it.

Show a small amount of common sense, please.
    Calm down. You don't have to be a snooty bitch.

I disagree with you though. The answer is not that simple. In fact they worked for their money, not the car, so they care about their money, or the worth of the car... not the car itself, so much. If they valued the car more as a tool of transportation, the original purpose of a vehicle, instead of as a kind of investment, then they'd spend their money differently. Maybe instead of buying a $60,000 Lexus, they would buy a used $10,000 Grand pre, still in good condition. Then they have an extra $50,000 floating around. Maybe they could put a child through college with that. Maybe save up to buy a house. There are plenty of things I can think of that would be a better investment.

Well, life is full of suprises, did you know that? One moment you have everything and the next you might have nothing. Get used to it, shell-people.
    Don't expect anything.

Shell-people?

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Stop whining. You ever used public transport? walked on foot? Seen life beyond your secure shell?
    Actually having no car puts you in a shell. You start to feel trapped.

Calm down. You don't have to be a snooty bitch.

I disagree with you though. The answer is not that simple. In fact they worked for their money, not the car, so they care about their money, or the worth of the car... not the car itself, so much. If they valued the car more as a tool of transportation, the original purpose of a vehicle, instead of as a kind of investment, then they'd spend their money differently.

Or some people get a car they enjoy, people like me. I don't care about the worth of my car. It dropped 10k right when I drove it off the lot, I couldn't care less. I just like my car and it is a very efficient car in everything. Your logic is flawed, not everyone has kids to put through college, 60k for a car is a bit much but a 10k grand prix is a piece of shit and the car will break down enough to make you wish you invested a bit more. You can buy a 10k wooden house in the woods...than you can put your kids through college and other wise investments...hell why even spend it on that...just keep the money FOREVER. Your obsess over everything you spend on and you have the nerve to call others shell people? the irony.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 03-01-09 at 03:59 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I am NOT a shell person, and in fact the reason i'm so flustered about the situation is because of starbuck, vash, and only-virgins mentioned. Money was not invested in my car for nothing, they took lots of other things in the car my entire music collection is gone. Everything is replaceable but if you've never had something like this happen to u it's a little bit devastating, i do feel trapped and that's a BIG thing for me. My parents are EXTREMELY strict because i'm asian and the majority of asian parents are just very strict even though i'm old enough to what i want but i don't want to hurt them by going off doing whatever i want. Look at it this way, money was already invested in something important to u, and hen someone stole it and now you're paying the price for it. It's the worst feeling. And booba if i did walk everywhere i needed to walk, i would have time to do anything with my life besides walking and riding buses, my schools, and work place are in total opposite directions. i would not have time for homework, or any free time at all for that matter. It's like losing your home in a way, because my car is like my second home, it means a lot more than just a car.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    I am NOT a shell person, and in fact the reason i'm so flustered about the situation is because of starbuck, vash, and only-virgins mentioned. Money was not invested in my car for nothing, they took lots of other things in the car my entire music collection is gone. Everything is replaceable but if you've never had something like this happen to u it's a little bit devastating, i do feel trapped and that's a BIG thing for me. My parents are EXTREMELY strict because i'm asian and the majority of asian parents are just very strict even though i'm old enough to what i want but i don't want to hurt them by going off doing whatever i want. Look at it this way, money was already invested in something important to u, and hen someone stole it and now you're paying the price for it. It's the worst feeling. And booba if i did walk everywhere i needed to walk, i would have time to do anything with my life besides walking and riding buses, my schools, and work place are in total opposite directions. i would not have time for homework, or any free time at all for that matter. It's like losing your home in a way, because my car is like my second home, it means a lot more than just a car.
    Dude you don't have to explain why you are ticked off and pissed that you have no car and it got stolen. Anyone who thinks that this is supposed to be some shell opening enlightening experience is a freaking idiot.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    *would not have time.

Users Country Flag
    yeh it actually really pisses me off that ppl actually try to act like it's nothing, i bet booba never had his car stolen and his seats slashed up and crashed by a COMPLETELY RANDOM guy who just want to take my car for a joyride.

Users Country Flag
    did i mention, northwest weather is terrible??? jesus, if i walked everywhere i would be freezing cold and sopping wet 24/7.

I never had a car because I never made a license. But I sure have lost half my life. Bike, apartment, country-house, father.

Also, I knew this person who kept his hard earned money in a freezer. He got house, flat screen tvs, car etc. It all burnt down. Guess what, the fire started from the freezer... They lived in friends sauna after that, I don't know where they are now, back on track probably.

Try living here in the East-Europe.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    i would refrain from making judgments on this one than.

i feel bad for that person u knew. i couldn't imagine what that was like. that's shitty.

Yeah, life is a bitch eh? You will get over it and used to whatever it throws at you. I am sure you will one day soon get a new car and won't even miss this.
    Last edited by boobaa; 03-01-09 at 04:30 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    i'm actually getting my car back, because even though it's going to cost a lot of money to fix, it's cheaper than buying a a new used car. I'll probably hate being in it though knowing that some disgusting person was in it and trashed it. It's just a feeling of violation, hopefully the new interior will help the feeling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast