+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I got a small prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    It happens, GB. I went through a couple of those nights.

Just know, it gets better. Then, after a while, you realize you're much better off this way.
    Thanks for the reply. I know I am going to be better off, but I don't see how Im going to be able to trust someone again... agh
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I know I am going to be better off, but I don't see how Im going to be able to trust someone again... agh
    You have to look within yourself to find what is true. You know that your feelings were pure. This should tell you that the very concept of purity is not a fantasy. No, Zach, most people won't measure up. You'll be more careful next time.

And someday, you'll find someone who actually deserves what you have to give. Quit depleting it by handing it out to the unworthy. Live your life, have experiences, but reserve yourself until you've used that GOOD JUDGEMENT you're gaining through this painful experience to determine whether or not she's the one.

There must have been some indication of what was coming that you missed, either because you didn't want to see it or because you just didn't know what to look for. Figure out how to see it coming next time and learn how to protect yourself.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    'Cuz, I know everything sucks yeah,
    I know, everything sucks whoaaaoaaa
    I know, everything sucks yeah,
    this is gonna be the last time, you hear me complain-
    Everything Sucks, by Reel Big Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You have to look within yourself to find what is true. You know that your feelings were pure. This should tell you that the very concept of purity is not a fantasy. No, Zach, most people won't measure up. You'll be more careful next time.

And someday, you'll find someone who actually deserves what you have to give. Quit depleting it by handing it out to the unworthy. Live your life, have experiences, but reserve yourself until you've used that GOOD JUDGEMENT you're gaining through this painful experience to determine whether or not she's the one.

There must have been some indication of what was coming that you missed, either because you didn't want to see it or because you just didn't know what to look for. Figure out how to see it coming next time and learn how to protect yourself.
    Well you see thats what is making all the trouble for me. The fact that there were no signs that this was heading my way! That is what is so scary about all of this. Call me naive or call me young but I couldn't see this was coming until the day before it happened. She is either a great actor or Im ridiculously naive. I gave my all..yes.. but how am I supposed to be able to do that again knowing in a second this could **** me up out of nowhere like last time all over again. I mean I really don't think I could handle that again. Im strong, but someone can only take so much.

I mean really try to grasp this, she showed NO traits or signs of not loving me anymore. Even the day before she was telling me how there was this guy at school that was eye balling her down and smiling and she was a good girlfriend and was going to be loyal and how she would never do anything like that to me. How she never even looks at guys. She can't even think of them like that while she was with me. How she loved me SO much that she doesn't even have a desire to let her mind in even the least.

Then the next day we went to a dance and we were dancing and she got really sick to her stomach and we sat down. Later on I knew something else was wrong and it was causing her stomach sickness..it was something she was thinking about. And of course it goes on and I find out she doesn't love me like that anymore. And poof everything I knew and loved was gone.

Believe when I say I "truly" with all my heart and soul believed she was the one. I mean with everything I had. I really had that set in my heart. And now she is gone. Now im left feeling something deeper than anything else I have ever known. And its a definitely a deep pain. Something so deep that I barely even cry over it. Its so painful its actually unbelievable and I can't even comprehend how I could bare such a intense emotion.

So when I get to thinking about how or when I fall in love again.. how can I really let myself open up again? How am I going to allow myself to be exposed to that kind of possibility.

I know I will use my good judgement as best as I can, but I have done this before. I had alrady been ****ed over twice badly and Ann was supposed to be the one. But it goes to show that you can't ever really know if the person is the one. You will never know ever. Because people always change and there is always that possibility that they will lose their feeling for you.

You either take the risk of handing out your entire self to someone and get the amazing benefits in return but also take the chance of ruining your whole life over a failed relationship.

What option out weighs the other? I don't know yet.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Zach, ultimately, she didn't take anything from you. I know it feels like she ripped something out that is crucial to the continuation of your very existence, but it's just pain and it will heal. I promise. I've been through this. Betrayal is offensive to you, in a very visceral way- that's a good thing.

You have to get through this, not around it. The feelings are welling up now because you're actually strong enough to handle them. Believe that. Humans are complex and designed to function above all- your psyche wouldn't throw this at you if it was gonna break you.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just don't dish out so much of yourself like you did before.

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Zach, ultimately, she didn't take anything from you. I know it feels like she ripped something out that is crucial to the continuation of your very existence, but it's just pain and it will heal. I promise. I've been through this. Betrayal is offensive to you, in a very visceral way- that's a good thing.

You have to get through this, not around it. The feelings are welling up now because you're actually strong enough to handle them. Believe that. Humans are complex and designed to function above all- your psyche wouldn't throw this at you if it was gonna break you.
    You see.. when it comes down to it.. I know all this, but my emotions cloud what Im thinking. Its like amnesia. Emotions are truly a strange thing.

I really appreciate all your thoughts and advice. Your reassurance is crucial to my mental health I think. lol It brings me back to reality.

Thanks again Giga. ANd Fras!!

--Zach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123