+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so i broke up with my bf

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    So you kicked your BF to the curb, like a used gum wrapper, and during the Christmas Holidays , too!! What a world.....what a world.
    tomorrow is his birthday..
    He texted me yesterday ask for my friend's number to ask for a job. I know for the fact that guy dont have any job in hand (i checked often on my bf's behave). I know he would feel bad again and return to his cocoon after get rejected again. He's still packing to go back i suppose
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

i'm getting worried... I havent seen him since yesterday (only the sms he sent). I dont know how he's eating, i dont know if he's eating any, i dont know if he's all curl up, locked in his room waiting for death. Should i check on him.... I dont know what's going on in his mind......
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

You broke up with him.

What he's doing, what he's thinking, those are no longer any of your business. You need to wrap your brain around that.

From everything you've said breaking up with him was the RIGHT choice.

Now you just need to figure out how to live without him.

ok so he isnt death yet. i found christmas gift from him in front of my room with a cute hand draw picture on the note (we both dont have much money, especially him). I also found a burn up pan in the kitchen. I assume it's a victim of his gaming (try to cook while play computer game). I guess old habit die hard.
    keep it simple

But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Stop feeling so responsible for him, Val. You're not his mommy. You were playing that role when you together, and it drained you.

Do the two of you still live together? Have you made any plans for you or him to move out?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

we arent living together, we're living in the same place. This is a hostel for student. I just graduated so i can stay until march next year. He lives in guys' dorm and i live in girls' dorm. Just saw him back from gym... so he's trying to pick up the old habit of jogging. Good for him... Can we go back now?
    keep it simple

But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by valhensing View Post
    we arent living together, we're living in the same place. This is a hostel for student. I just graduated so i can stay until march next year. He lives in guys' dorm and i live in girls' dorm. Just saw him back from gym... so he's trying to pick up the old habit of jogging. Good for him... Can we go back now?
    You don't need our permission to do anything. This is your relationship, we're merely weighing in.

But if I were you, I'd wait until he's proven himself for a longer period of time. How long has it been, a week?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    You don't need our permission to do anything. This is your relationship, we're merely weighing in.

But if I were you, I'd wait until he's proven himself for a longer period of time. How long has it been, a week?
    3 days...
    keep it simple

But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

It take two hands to clap.... if this ex-bf doesn't put in any effort to care, work, think harder than you... you may want to re-consider your option...

Some day, everyone just have to move on...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Val, HE is the one who f**ked up, not you, and he is the one who needs to show you sustained improvement. You need to change your mindset. Don't worry about him, worry about you and your future, and start to make a new life without him. If he shows he's changed and the changes are permanent, you can always give him another chance, if you still feel the same. But this will take MONTHS to make sure that he has wised up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123