+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship with my friend?

Converse, I admire your optimism that you'll stay friends even if it doesn't work out. You told me on another thread - staying friends with ex's hardly ever works. This guy reckons he's been in love with you for a year. If it doesn't work out he'll have issues with staying friends, i should think. You say you've discussed it and he agrees you'll stay friends whatever. Yes, well he would say that at this point. Anyway, too late now. Its done. Go for it. Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, I admire your optimism that you'll stay friends even if it doesn't work out. You told me on another thread - staying friends with ex's hardly ever works. This guy reckons he's been in love with you for a year. If it doesn't work out he'll have issues with staying friends, i should think. You say you've discussed it and he agrees you'll stay friends whatever. Yes, well he would say that at this point. Anyway, too late now. Its done. Go for it. Hope it works out for you.
    Ahhh yeah, you do have a point. I'm an idiot.

Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

i wouldn't say that. sounds like you had a very nice valentine's night. i imagine you'll have at the very least a 'honeymoon' period now, which is always great emotionally and physically. enjoy it. you're 22 right? why did you say you didn't want a boyfriend. what benefits are there to that at your age?

i wouldn't say that. sounds like you had a very nice valentine's night. i imagine you'll have at the very least a 'honeymoon' period now, which is always great emotionally and physically. enjoy it. you're 22 right? why did you say you didn't want a boyfriend. what benefits are there to that at your age?
    I don't want a boyfriend because I can't be bothered with the stress, I've been really hurt in the past and I really don't want to go through that again, well at least for a while. Even if I start dating this guy propperly I'm gonna take it slow and not get too heavy, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    K... FINE... I *guess* he has my permission to date you...
    but you haven't got mine yet!

is he on your myspace page?

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    but you haven't got mine yet!

is he on your myspace page?
    Nah, he thinks myspace is Lame lol.

i can't give you my permission then, without a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    I don't want a boyfriend because I can't be bothered with the stress, I've been really hurt in the past and I really don't want to go through that again, well at least for a while. Even if I start dating this guy propperly I'm gonna take it slow and not get too heavy, see what happens.
    i'm sorry that you've been really hurt in the past at only 22. by gonna take it slow and not get too heavy do you mean not get emotionally involved but carry on having sex with your friend. if so, thats kind of like having a **** buddy which is great but i doubt thats what he wants from what you've said.

i'm sorry that you've been really hurt in the past at only 22. by gonna take it slow and not get too heavy do you mean not get emotionally involved but carry on having sex with your friend. if so, thats kind of like having a **** buddy which is great but i doubt thats what he wants from what you've said.
    True, I've been hurt badly twice, it sucks but that's life. I agree with what you've said, if we get into a relationship that isn't too intense then that's fine with me, there's no way I want to hurt this guy. When I see him I'm gonna discuss everything.

LOL@alice!

my advice would be don't discuss it. thats almost the definition of heavy even if the discussion is - i don't want this to get heavy.
    here's what will happen if you discuss it (assuming he loves you - which he says he has for a year).
    you will say, we are really good together as friends and i don't want to jeopardise that so can we keep this quite free and easy, no big ties etc.
    he will react one of two ways - disappointed and will say but i'm really serious about you and i want it to be a big thing, valentines night was really good etc etc (in which case you've already done the damage)
    or he'll say - yeah, thats cool, free and easy is ok, valentines day was no big deal, lets go with that sort of relationship/friendship (in which case if he loves you he doesn't mean it. he's saying it to buy time and not lose you by getting too heavy when you've said you don't want it and again you've already made him unhappy)
    what you should do is not discuss it but dictate the pace. emotionally you can do this cos he loves you and you like him. and sexually you can do this cos basically the girl in the relationship always can. she wants loads she gets loads, she wants not much, whats the bloke going to do?
    then one of two things happens - either as things develop you realise you want the same as him which is great or you both realise that it won't work and then its a no-ones fault parting.

Thanx alot Spencer, I will take all of what you've said into consideration although I'm slightly scared now lol.

by the way, i don't know what PIITP means either. i asked the guys who used it what it meant and they didn't reply. oh yeah and don't be scared. take charge.

Put It In The Pooper- I thought it meant 'Put It In The Pipe' at first. Lol, same thing I guess.

I thought all Sluts knew what that meant.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Hush Mister Needs To Get Laid.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast