+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite video game

You little flirt. (nah, you're not that bad, see I could tell)

Once again, I am not a little girl. Only when role-playing.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Did you guys never play Baldur's Gate, any of them.
    Why is the word "fist" in "pacifist"

-Me

I know you ppl are going to give me shit for this, but I hate Final Fantasy. My favorite games are:

Online: Xbox
    Halo (Xbox Connect)
    Amped 2
    Ghost Recon IT
    Rainbow Six 3
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Tony Hawk's Underground (Xbox Connect)

Offline: Xbox
    Halo
    Manhunt
    GTAVC
    Tony Hawk 3
    Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

Online: PS2
    Socom 2
    well, really, that's all PS2 has online, lol.

Offline: Ps2
    Devil May Cry
    ATV Offroad Fury 2
    Syphon Filter
    Killzone

I favor Xbox though, I only bought a PS2 because I don't want to wait a year for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas to come out on Xbox Next.

And yes, I know PS2 has more online games than that, but that's all I really play, the EA servers suck ass.

Maybe i'm just old, but I still love some of the old school games. I can still go back to the Atari 5200's Star Raiders, and River Raid. Simple, but classic.

Modern stuff, i'd have to say i've really enjoyed Silent Hill 1&2 for sheer uniqueness and storyline. Adventure game would have to be Castlevania:Symphony of the Night and Super Metroid, Sports-ish would have to be GT2 or 3 (2 because of the classic cars: Why, why God can't someone put a DeLorean in GT4? You can put a CRX but a twin-turbo'd DMC would be just as nice) Shooter would have to be the "Metal Slug series, 3 being the best one. 2-player would be old school River City Ransom and Mario Kart double dash or Mario Party. Lotsa laughs with those and friends. Best RPG ever would be Ultima 7. And probably the most SATISFYING game i've played in a long time would be Eternal Darkness. NOT for the horror aspect (which I enjoy) but the unique and enjoyable storyline throwing you in generations of a family curse. It isn't one of those "beat overnight" games. Plus the replaying over for the true ending is somewhat interesting enough to not get boring.
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head for good stuff. There is more if you've lived in the DOS age that are worthy such as all the Sierra Quest games.
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

OMG Bono! King's Quest III rocked!!!! I loved that game. But I hated that agitating wizard. (Although it was funny when he made you dance! lol) And I never finished it. Couldn't get past that damn spider in the cave. Bloody annoying arachnid!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy18
    OMG Bono! King's Quest III rocked!!!! I loved that game. But I hated that agitating wizard. (Although it was funny when he made you dance! lol) And I never finished it. Couldn't get past that damn spider in the cave. Bloody annoying arachnid!
    I know I didn't finish that one. Was that the "Rosella" or whatever her name was one? I beat all the space quests, quests for Glory and I think all the police quests except II. I miss the games that had that much character in them these days. Everything is FPS all the way, no real stories most of the time. Sure, they're usually fun, (can't wait for Call of Chtuhlu and HL2) but it's not the same. I forgot to mention a mecca of Humor, The Secret of Monkey Island series. Oh, oh and as another adventure/mystery series, I was absolutly satisfied with the Gabriel Knight Trilogy. A difficult but worthwhile adventure tour-de-force. I know some people might think it was lame but I was so emotionally exhausted after Silent hill 2 after finding out that HE actually killed his wife and this was all basically his own personal hell for giving up on her. Mixture of pity and dispair for his character. Oh, and let's not forget System Shock 2. Some feel the scariest game ever. I know I couldn't finish it, too freaky with surround sound damnit! And the best old skool deathmatch game would have to be Duke Nukem 3d. So many lost afternoons with friends with that one.

Yes, I had no life as a kid. I was attached by the hip to a computer until the age of 16. Very difficult and bloody transition to the real world, but I am doing better. I usually only have 2 fatal errors a month now. lol

Jeeze Bono! I guess so! phew! I played Police Quest. That game was fun.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm a tetris freak ... but i did love The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64 ... and I remember playing 007: Goldeneye for hella long with my friends! 4 player mode rocked!

I'll try anything once, I love games period, but I'd say mainly FPS and RPG's, with Racing in 3rd. I'd just like to say though, most underated/recieved RPG. Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast. You accually take the time to play this game, and do everything, with that amazing story...wow what an experience. That and Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn, Rare Game) (this game, holy shit..short but one of the best expierences I have ever had the privilage of being in, and people who have played this will agree with me).

These two are HIGHLY underrated RPG's.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

I forgot about those N64 FPS's for 2-4 player. I have to give a shout out to Perfect dark for multiplayer. You have no idea how many hours were spent laughing..and laughing...and laughing over just the silliest stuff we could think of. Sooo many possibilities and our absolute favorite was those sticky mines. We'd have someone COATED with them. A running time bomb waiting for that stray shot to wipe out everything around them. Just so funny to play and see for yourself.
    I also had a blast with 4 player N64 wrestling games. Sometimes we'd triple team one person with chairs and stand around them and look like those guys in the cartoon driving in railroad spikes and i'd start going "Ding!...Ding!..Ding! da ding, da ding, da ding, da ding ding dong!" Yes, it sounds lame but when I had everyone dropping their controllers clutching their stomachs, it was sure worth it. (That and the constant "shot to the groin" moves were classic!" Ding!

And for anyone who likes anything space-ish "Tie Fighter collector's edition" was fabulous. And I hate RTS type games, but warcraft 2 was hella-fun. Old skool props to the "X-com" series. Rated one of the best games of all times in MANY surveys and magazines.
    Last edited by Bonovox40; 02-07-04 at 11:41 PM.

Innova, you know they re-released skies of arcadia on the GC. I bought it and played it. it was pretty damn fun.
    Life is too short so love the one ya got, 'cause you might get run over or you might get shot...
    -Sublime (Thanks jslaughter )

I like Final Fantasy series~ especially FFVIII. really cool stoyryline, chars, weapons and stuff
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Grand theft auto series, metal gear solid series, all the wrestling series, pretty much any game that is fun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast