+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are 5 things that annoy/offend/ or anger you when men look for sex?

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Fact of the matter is, the average woman doesn't want to have sex with someone just to get their rocks off. Women generally have sex to deepen a connection with someone they want to be connected to.

There's a common theory that if a guy walks up to 10 women and says "hey, wanna ****?" he'll get slapped 9 times but it's worth it for the one who says 'oh yeah'. The 9 girls will have felt like a piece of meat as if they are nothing but a body.. Often not even that much, some guys have the ability to make women feel like just a hole and a pair of boobs. Surely you can understand why that would be offensive.
    Okay but what kind of "connections"? The same kind that bloodtippedrose refers to when she talks about flings? (sorry if that sounds like a rhetorical question)

And when I asked about whether it was offensive to hit on a woman for sex I did not just mean a "wanna ****" scenario but also hitting on a woman with the intention of having a flings as well. Sorry if that was not made clear. There us so much subtlety with this topic hence the name "subtlety".

But I still am
    Not sure entirely what bloodtippedrose means by a fling. Like I guess she means a purely casual sex relationship. But I guess for her this purely casual sex relationship has to be with someone who desires to know her as well given the previous post she made.

Thank you everybody for taking the time to answer my questions.

Any more people want to answer?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanguerra View Post
    Things that would 'turn me off':

A guy who doesn't listen to what I'm saying (but keeps leering at me instead or turning the conversation to sex all the time)
    A guy who is rude or aggressive (women want to feel safe with their man, not scared)
    A guy who is whiny about it (guys, just be 'romantic' - watch some chick flicks and learn)
    A guy who's in too much of a hurry (makes me feel like he's just 'after one thing')
    Obviously personal hygiene can't be stressed too highly
    This^. I would also add a guy who is obviously self-absorbed. I mean, there's only room for one ego in these interactions, and that would be mine.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by subtlety View Post
    Not sure entirely what bloodtippedrose means by a fling. Like I guess she means a purely casual sex relationship. But I guess for her this purely casual sex relationship has to be with someone who desires to know her as well given the previous post she made.
    Hey subtlety, yes by "fling" I meant purely sexual. And for a guy to have a purely sexual fling with me, he would have to entice me by being interested in getting to know me first or pretending he's interested in my life, rather than hitting on me and saying sexual things which would completely put me off. I wouldn't want him to act like he wants a relationship, but it would be nice if he acted like he wanted to be a friend.
    I defined what a short-term relationship was in my last post, if it was unclear maybe googling it could explain it better

Look on craigslist to take all the guess work out of it. There's lots of women looking for casual encounters.....buying them a drink not necessary.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I think of a fling as a sexual encounter, no expectations for any kind of relationship. I have no idea what a 'short term relationship' is. Isn't that just the early stages of a long-term relationship?

@ Subtlety: At 30-something, I think you should consider dating and companionship. You know: something to go do things with. Not sure what your disabilities entail, but you sound intelligent based on your posts. Maybe you should check out your local 'Meetup.com' as well. Its an activity site, not a dating one. But, as you know, many partners meet through common interest activities.

[url]http://www.meetup.com/[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Subtlety, you mentioned you are on Social Security Disability. I'm not being mean, but I need to know if you have cognitive/neurological problems? You seem to not have a lot of experience with women.

IME, this is what most women want, though there are exceptions:
    1. A good looking partner. Though most women won't admit it, the partner should be at least average looking, or better.
    2. A partner with good hygiene. There are still lots of men out there who don't even shower every day though they REALLY need to. Almost every time, these men have a certain look all around: bad/dirty clothes, uncombed hair, bad teeth, and a bad smell. If you are 25 years old and missing 5 teeth, that's a big red flag.
    3. A person with a steady job that earns income to support a family. Aka "financial stability". SSDI does not offer that.
    4. A person with their own house and car. This indicates financial stability.
    5. Someone who respects them as a person, and doesn't treat them like a sex object. I hate getting treated like a wallet when I have to pay for all the dates. If a girl is a great girl, but she's a cheapskate, I still break up with her.
    6. Someone with a stable personality who will not physically or emotionally hurt them. This is where honesty comes into play.
    7. Someone who will be a good father. Almost all young women want children in the long-term.
    8. Someone who has the self-respect not to abuse their body with food, tobacco, or alcohol. You only get one body. If you abuse it, are you really a fit mate?

An "intimate" connection is an emotional connection. It may or may not include sex. It's where both people share very personal things about themselves. Or share their feelings about each other. Note: if you say you love someone on the first or second date, it's going to sound creepy. Love just doesn't happen that fast. Something that fast is called "infatuation" or "pupply love".
    Last edited by bulrush; 17-10-11 at 11:04 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I only have one.....when the guy thinks he can decide for me that we should.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123