+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ask about sex beforehand?

Just because youre going to be alone in a hotel room, (which I dont understand how thats possible for someone your age) doesn't mean you HAVE to have sex. Especially if she doesn't feel comfortable. You should be focusing on having a good time, not making this all about sex. If it happens it happens don't be so strung up on it. Use a condom for sure, vag foam if youre worried so much, and no morning after (those are like 60 bucks from drug stores anyway! no way you want to waste money that Im sure doesnt come by too easy for you). also a tiny bottle of lube might help if youre hurting her a little (i suggest ID brand, not WET or KY)

Also just because its possible to get pregnant does not mean its probable.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Don't forget to tell the same thing to your 16 old daughter, when you become a parent.

16 and 17 yrs old is a normal time to lose virginity. If you tell them to abstain then they're going to go behind your back because they know they disobeyed you and they don't want to get in trouble. In my mind the best route is to give them information and teach them how to be safe, then they wont feel like their parent is inapproachable to talk too after they lost/feel they're about too lose their virginity.
    Last edited by bloodtippedrose; 17-01-10 at 02:34 AM.

btr has a point, it's just normal human nature to do things when they have been blacklisted. For me, my parents have always told me that I have to be married before I can have sex (they are very catholic). For most of my life so far, that seemed like a good idea, but I'm making my own decisions for once and I don't think that's going to happen. SO: I'm probably going to end up doing it behind their backs. Whenever that happens of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

We did end up spending the night cuddling...and more...but no sex.
    I'm very happy with that because we are now about seven times as comfortable with each other as before.
    Fact of the matter is, I was hurting her a bit, which is why we didn't go so far as to have sex, so I probably will take bloodtippedrose's advice as per the lube.

I also want to mention that this relationship won't be (god forbid) all about sex. As a matter of fact, we were in a relationship for several weeks before even kissing (and good riddance to those days). It's just that this was a unique opportunity for us because we don't usually get that kind of privacy.
    I think that that night was what we needed--becoming more comfortable with each other--to be ready for sex.

Oh and before anyone asks, I was using a condom. I want to take all precautions possible to avoid pregnancy, and that is the easiest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He may or may not be ready, but most 16 year old girls are about as smart as a turnip. I doubt she is ready. I don't know anyone (female) who had sex at that age and didn't regret it later.
    My general rule of thumb is that if you both cannot go into a store and buy condoms/lub/whatever you need for sex without feeling embarrassed, you're emotionally too young to be having sex.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    My general rule of thumb is that if you both cannot go into a store and buy condoms/lub/whatever you need for sex without feeling embarrassed, you're emotionally too young to be having sex.
    Well, then I'm ready to have sex. It certainly was awkward, but not embarrassing.

When you're ready

When you're ready to have sex, it will happen. I advise making sure to use a condom as often as possible, and engage in plenty of foreplay beforehand. Start by massaging each other and just let things happen naturally. I hope that helps. For the record, I'm over 10 years older than you, and I DON'T think you are too young to have sex.

is an hour of foreplay too much? It was that long--or longer, I wasn't counting--before we even tried (and failed due to pain) to go through with it.

But yeah, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Don't forget to tell the same thing to your 16 old daughter, when you become a parent.
    WTF? How do you know that I'm not a parent already?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredbomb0 View Post
    btr has a point, it's just normal human nature to do things when they have been blacklisted. For me, my parents have always told me that I have to be married before I can have sex (they are very catholic). For most of my life so far, that seemed like a good idea, but I'm making my own decisions for once and I don't think that's going to happen. SO: I'm probably going to end up doing it behind their backs. Whenever that happens of course...
    And don't forget that sexual desire begins well before people turn 18.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123