+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do nice guys really finish last??

You're not just a nice guy. It sounds like you are a bit submissive and a bit desperate. I used to act this way too. Now I'm just polite, without being desperate. It's fine if my date and I don't have enough in common, there are other women out there desperate for a guy with a steady job. Now I'm more dominant. I say what I want right from the start, and I get what I want. That means, no one that is not compatible with me responds to my online dating profile, so that weeds out the people who will waste my time. I have to tell you, I'm a lot happier now and the women LOVE when I'm dominant in bed. I take what I want, but also make sure they are happy too. Being dominant, and being disrespectful are 2 different things and I think many guys don't know the difference.

That said, you can be polite without being a doormat.
    Last edited by bulrush; 24-08-11 at 03:57 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Being dominant, and being disrespectful are 2 different things and I think many guys don't know the difference.
    I'd change that to many people don't know the difference because there is one woman in here who does'nt seem be be able to differentiate that a man who is assertive can also be nice. A man who does not give into his girlfriends every out in left field whim, can still be "nice." That these guys that can't understand why they're "nice" but can't keep a woman are not really all that nice a lot of the time. They just overdue in hopes of winning over or buying a woman's affections through manipulation.

Being nice and being a self proclaimed "nice guy" are two completely different things and by the number of posts from these self proclaimed "nice guys" crying about their unsuccess with woman, you'd think that those that argue the concept would understand it by now..
    Last edited by Wakeup; 24-08-11 at 04:08 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post

I suspect that you meant those who accept mistreatment will be mistreated. I don't think any woman would actually ask to be mistreated. It must be a language barrier thing.. Are you in Quebec?

The naughty chair was an euphemism.. are you really that dense? Do you think that any woman who isn't somehow mentally deficient or has not been turned into some kind of slave would actually let her man send her to the naughty chair. O.o too funny.
    Ummmm...no. I was using the phrase as an euphemism as well. Can you point out where in this thread, I have suggested I actually think you meant it literally? Talk about language barrier. You can't even comprehend one language and you are making fun of those from Quebec who are bilingual. LOL.

Btw, I did mean women who were asked to be mistreated; not accept mistreatment. When a women tells people she wants a bad boy she is essentially asking to be mistreated.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 24-08-11 at 12:46 PM.

Uh oh, did I spark a catfight? I could become a successful troll
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Uh oh, did I spark a catfight? I could become a successful troll
    No, you didn't. Wakeup always like to start one with me. I think she might be in love with me.

Damn, I felt a career coming on. Now, kiss and make up. Don't forget to take pics!

sadie_genie Guest
    Damn, I felt a career coming on. Now, kiss and make up. Don't forget to take pics!
    I don't know if I want to take pics with her. She might scare the children since I would imagine she looks like this:

Holy crap O_O Is that Gollums grandma?

I'm going to have nightmares now :o(

Better go and look at pictures of boobies, just to make it OK ;o)
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Just make sure not to associate boobies with that picture in your memory. That could make your life miserable.

Not only is she dumb, she's totally immature as well. Cool pic though.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just make sure not to associate boobies with that picture in your memory. That could make your life miserable.
    Do not underestimate the nurturing and comforting power of boobies! It is all conquering.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Ummmm...no. I was using the phrase as an euphemism as well. Can you point out where in this thread, I have suggested I actually think you meant it literally? Talk about language barrier. You can't even comprehend one language and you are making fun of those from Quebec who are bilingual. LOL.
    do you even know what euphemism means? Do you know what making fun of is opposed to asking a question? Like I said, it's hard to argue with you when you don't make any sense.

/(o)(o)\
    Last edited by Wakeup; 24-08-11 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Edited to add boobies

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    honeslty, no one wants to date a pussy.... nice guys don't finish last, but they sure as hell don't finish first.

a nice guy settles, because that would be the nice thing to do.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    /(o)(o)\
    Sweet ... symmetry is always a nice feature.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast