+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's this guy's deal? Why did he lose interest right away?

The best thing for you to do, if you think that its worth the risk is go ahead and toss the big Q! Of course if he says "oh no you get it all wrong" that would be ouchie.. but I guess you have no choice. Or just forget about it and move on then.

Quote Originally Posted by jetta86s View Post
    The best thing for you to do, if you think that its worth the risk is go ahead and toss the big Q! Of course if he says "oh no you get it all wrong" that would be ouchie.. but I guess you have no choice. Or just forget about it and move on then.
    Well actually we ended up talking through text and he did say I had it all wrong and really does want to get to know me. So then he texted the next day and wanted to hang out but then he forgot to text me again to tell me he couldn't afterall. So I think as one person said, maybe he is "socially retarded". Maybe he is that clueless about stuff like this. So I'll give him a chance, he really does seem like a very nice person.

So you find it not worth the effort to flirt with him, butter him up, be more assertive in making the dates, but you will wait around for him while he keeps repeatedly standing you up.

Quote Originally Posted by greentea11 View Post
    Well actually we ended up talking through text and he did say I had it all wrong and really does want to get to know me. So then he texted the next day and wanted to hang out but then he forgot to text me again to tell me he couldn't afterall. So I think as one person said, maybe he is "socially retarded". Maybe he is that clueless about stuff like this. So I'll give him a chance, he really does seem like a very nice person.
    You're very desperate or your are very naive. I've not made up my mind which one just yet.

I'll point out to you that you already "gave him a chance" when you spoke to him again after he stood you up and what did he do with that chance? He blew you off again.

Whether he's just forgetting, socially retarded or an effing player who plays you like a fiddle... the dude is NOT good news.

I'll add that this is likely the longest thread going no where that I've seen in this forum. Same thing, different day.
    Give him even more chances at your own emotional peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I'll add that this is likely the longest thread going no where that I've seen in this forum. Same thing, different day.
    Give him even more chances at your own emotional peril.
    Ya I was thinking the same thing. I'm gonna go with desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ya I was thinking the same thing. I'm gonna go with desperate.
    Why don't you both do the world a favor and jump off a bridge holding hands! You both are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by greentea11 View Post
    Why don't you both do the world a favor and jump off a bridge holding hands! You both are sick!
    Darl'n it's the same thing over and over. This guy does not have enough interest in you to even care if he disrespects you so, he just keeps doing it and then you come back in and grasp at the odd poster's words who tell you what you want to hear. We're not sick. We're (at least I am) trying to tell you to take back your self-respect from this boys hands and never contact him again. If a guy is into you, he won't blow you off. He particualrilly won't blow you off a second time and he'd never forget that he was to meet up with you. Never!

Ignore him if he ever contacts you again. He must be laughing at your persistence at this point.

I suggest you read that tripe of a book "He's Just Not That Into You." Which I think is a lot of bull, mostly but in this instance the whole book applies.

Good luck, set your sights on someone else and forget about this one. Even if he is simply socially inept, would you want to go out/be with a guy who forgets you due to his ineptness? Really, think about that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123