+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obesity

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Is anybody overweight, not happy with their image, or know somebody who is obese? I am trying to shed a few pounds (ultimate goal is 15 pounds), and it is inspiring to hear other peoples success stories. I have visited a few forums, and also researched on what people go through, the embarrassment and denial of being overweight or obese. It is of course epidemic in the United States, but is becoming a big problem in Europe also!

I think culture and lifestyles have changed over the decades, when kids use to go out and play, now we just sit at home and play video games, watch television, and eat fast food and drink soda.

I have started to study nutrition, and I'm learning that there is so much misinformation out there. It really doesn't take rocket science on how to loose weight. Simple answer, burn more calories than you consume.

But why do you think it is so hard for people to lose weight? What do you think we should do as individuals to help this problem?

If you are talking about 15 pounds, you are NOT talking about obesity, and you have no "problem" so to speak.

Idiots at CDC aside ... their stupid analysis of what weight is ideal, you are at most talking about buying into the cultural norm ... thinner is better.

Do nothing but reconsider why you need to be at a weight that doesn't fit your body. If some guys don't like it? Their loss, for being so superficial ... you don't need them.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 23-01-09 at 10:21 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post

But why do you think it is so hard for people to lose weight?
    people in general are lazy an unmotivated. they want everything done for them.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I've thought about walking home from school every day. It's so cold though... usually I take a subway about 7 stops and then a tram about 5 stops... I wonder how far it actually is. But I really need to control my compulsive eating. I think my metabolism is nearing a tipping point and I'm going to go downhill fast if I don't get my eating and exercise habits under control.
    Bike? Maybe not when its snowing/icy, but the other 80% of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    If you are talking about 15 pounds, you are NOT talking about obesity, and you have no "problem" so to speak.

Idiots at CDC aside ... their stupid analysis of what weight is ideal, you are at most talking about buying into the cultural norm ... thinner is better.

Do nothing but reconsider why you need to be at a weight that doesn't fit your body. If some guys don't like it? Their loss, for being so superficial ... you don't need them.

Carl.
    Well, there is no concrete way to measure obesity. is BMI the best way? body fat percentage? right now, the latest stuff talks about the 'metabolic syndrome'. and one of the factors on it is abdominal circumference.

according to my height and weight, i am clinicially overweight. far from obese. and my abdomial weight is in the upper range.

it is important to exercise AT LEAST 30 minutes three times per week for 20 minutes. and by eating right, you will loose weight if you are overweight.

i'm promoting 'Healthy Lifestyle' above anything else. and part of a healthy lifestyle comes from maintianing a healthy body weight.

I never said 'thinner is better'. the key is, achieving a healthy body weight. right now, i know i need to loose weight, and generally exercise more.

Not a total success story but am good progress.
    3 things help me the most.
    1] Cut way back on high carbohydrate and high fat foods.
    2] Ride a bike at the gym with as much intensity as I can handle for about 30 minutes 5 times a week.
    3] Change how I see food. Now food is mostly to keep me alive, but I find pleasure in other things instead of having eating as a hobby.

I'm 19 and I started to get a little big a year or so ago. It won't become a problem if you nip it in the bud right away. I noticed I started to gain some weight so I ate less, ate better, reduced intake of sugary drinks, and created myself a dedicated exercise program. I don't really play alot of active sports or anything so it's vital for me to workout regularly. In addition to losing over twenty pounds and losing several waist sizes I put on some decent muscle mass too.

I'm pretty much at my ideal weight. I'm just looking to tone up certain areas like my abs and build some more muscle. Losing weight isn't really an issue for me anymore. Deal with it early.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have gained a considerable amount of weight in the last year and a half ... I'd like to blame my wife's pregnancy, but ultimately, it's been my own choice to eat the foods that I've been eating and not exercise.

The weight gain has caused more problems with my sinuses... weird thing is when I'm up in weight, my allergies seem to be off the charts, but my allergies don't exist when I'm lower in weight. Also, I get bad cases of acid/heartburn ... when I exercise regularly, it's almost non-existent (even if I drink) ...

So, I got started to work out the past week or so and am hoping to shed 1-2 lbs a week once my metabolism gets revved up. Hopefully everything works out because my outward appearance is beginning to depress me.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Lame ass fat people.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Lame ass fat people.
    I know! I'm so pissed at myself ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Ok, I'm not obese...But I'm not that muscle man in those gym posters..I have a beer belly.

But I don't think that way...Oh, maybe sometimes... I only think, it's my body that women loves.lolz...

Well, I'm not a weight loss expert, but my neighbor said that she had to become a vegetarian for 2 months to lose weight.
    [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Attraction Dominator[/URL] - How A Clueless Guy Be Able Hot Attract Hotties... Get it [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Here[/URL]<-----

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123