+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why all the young girls dress like bitches?

I agree shh!. Do we have to fully cover ourselves in order to not be a slut? Geez. If I see a guy in shorts I'm going to think right away that he is the biggest whore ever.

I think it is part of the madonna-whore thing males try to inflict on us. Wear skimpy clothes and you are a whore, wear a hijab and you are a saint. I have nothing against women wearing hijab if they choose to do so, as it reflects their cultural and moral belief system, but I also know that many Muslim women do not have a choice in the matter.

Yeah, I agree. Women don't always wear skimpy clothes, but we don't want to have to wear huge shirts all of the time. Somethings you have, you just can't hide!

Tone Guest
    I don't like this thread.

I'm on board with junsui and shh!. BECAUSE, if you're wearing next to nothing, we're going to think you're a slut, and not going to really think beyond that. But, most girls don't really dress too slutty, its just a phase young girls go through, and it sticks with the stupider ones. But, its just a filter. If you want to be desirable, you'll show off what you have in a normal, classy way, and you'll back it up with your personality. There's no point in covering up from head to toe unless it's purely religious. I don't need to think that there's something hidden, and I don't need to think you're so controlled that you're afraid to let insignificant portions of your body be shown. Nothing is ever wrong with a t-shirt and shorts.

also, I agree with tone.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Tone Guest
    I love seein a girl in, not a tight t-shirt, but not a loose one, and a good pair of jeans or shorts in summer. Nothing slutty at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    If you want to be desirable, you'll show off what you have in a normal, classy way, and you'll back it up with your personality. There's no point in covering up from head to toe unless it's purely religious.
    Well said!

A small defense for christians.

-The way muslims thinking is , well , the REAL muslims because there are lots of them that are corrupted . Christian's are very corrupt , drink and do drugs on saturday night and go to church on sunday morning , and they think that by fooling God like that they will earn their way to Heaven , how foolish , God see's through your lies .

Chrisitanity is the same in this aspect as Islam. I believe in all religions there are "true believers". I also believe there are people who dont follow the scripture and say they are christians. This doesnt make them christians. Going to church does not make you a chrisitian.

-I read some of the Qur'an before converting , my friend who is also latin and became muslim 6 months before me talked to me about it . He told me it has never been changed throught the years and that it was Allah (God's) real word/message . i always thought the bible was altered at some point in history , they even say it , how some ppl have burned and written some stuff in there , also how there are books like the "NEW" testament .. from what i know , there's nothing supposedly "new" , thats just what some ppl have added to the whole story , and they talk about Jesus's story not even about God .

Excellent point the Bible has gone through alot of trials. Through so many different lanquages and such that this is an excellent point. You are right certain religious sects change the Bible to meet their needs. Thomas Jefferson for example had something everyone called a "cut and paste" Bible. Now today the Bible that is agreed on has to be decided on by many different factors of whether a book is in the Bible or not. I cant agree more that this is a slight weak point for christianity. Then again you can do the simplest of things read the hebrew text yes its all still there and yes its all preserved in cases and yes it hasnt been modified.

-Christians believe that Jesus was "God's son" ... i never believed that , i always prayed to God (Allah) and i dint pray to Jesus, i always thought of Jesus as a messenger/prophet , of course , back then i dint think as God = Allah , then i realized it was the same thing and that all along i was in the wrong place . i thought Christian's prayed to God and not Jesus also , so when i learned that , i felt as if i dint belong there anymore .

Ummm...from what i know most people pray to God. Jesus interceded on our behalf and doesnt replace God. And as for not feeling as if you belong there that is completly plausible. There are so many different varitey of beliefs in christianity and offshoots that some are not going to make you feel loved. I am not saying they are all true most probably push their own agenda, but there are good ones.

-I meet this Afghan girl and she became my Girlfriend , i asked some questions and got more information on Islam and she supported my idea of converting , then i converted , basically , some ppl tell me i was already muslim , its just that i was in the wrong place , i just needed to find my path and a good boost to convert .

......so you let someone sway you because they were your girl?
    I always thought of it between I and God and anyone else only had opinions, but from this it sounds as if you used it as an excuse to convert.

I do not mean to bash i only mean to give a different view to yours. Life is an enjoyable time and what you decide is what you believe in. Faith that is all there is for religion.

Good luck with your new religion and good luck with your girl i hope you can find some way to bridge the cultural divide.
    Life is a city full of swaying streets,
    and death the marketplace where all ends meet
    ~three faces of eve

Tone Guest
    Oh boy here we go... turning this thread into a religious debate...

nope not my intention ;p just 1 post i promise about that. Though i thought of something else after my argument against girls dressing sluttish. Why does it matter its nothing different than anyone wears to the beach, or what they dont wear ;p
    Life is a city full of swaying streets,
    and death the marketplace where all ends meet
    ~three faces of eve

I think we would all be better off if women respected themselves and dressed modestly. I see a slippery slope with hot girls showing there bodies..pretty soon all the fat sluts think its okay to dress like that too..and on..and on.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh great.. I'm not even going to say anything.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Haha - I will! Slippery slope arguments are considered extremely bad form in an academic argument, carp. Besides, your slippery slope argument would indicate a progression from hot slutty girls --> fat slutty girls --> non-slutty girls --> men of all shapes and sizes, so you are REALLY indicating a concern that men will eventually have to dress provocatively, and I would rather enjoy watching men go to absurd extremes to visually impress women for a change!! hehe

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Haha - I will! Slippery slope arguments are considered extremely bad form in an academic argument, carp. Besides, your slippery slope argument would indicate a progression from hot slutty girls --> fat slutty girls --> non-slutty girls --> men of all shapes and sizes, so you are REALLY indicating a concern that men will eventually have to dress provocatively, and I would rather enjoy watching men go to absurd extremes to visually impress women for a change!! hehe
    LOL shh... haha
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Haha - I will! Slippery slope arguments are considered extremely bad form in an academic argument, carp.
    Really? What academic body considers them to be "extremely bad"?
    All I'm saying is that not enough ugly people are told that they are ugly by their parents. I cant imagine the thought that goes through a fat chick's mind when she dresses provacitively.

If anything her chances of scoring would be better if she just left the damn clothes on!

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    Really? What academic body considers them to be "extremely bad"?!
    It is considered a logical fallacy to philosophers, a last resort type of argument you use when you have no better objection. I quote from the book "The Elements of Moral Philosophy" by James Rachels (from an Introduction to Logic class):

"...It is worth noting, however that this argument is easy to abuse. If you are opposed to something, but have no good arguments against it, you can always make up a prediction about what it might lead to; and no matter how implausible your prediction is, no one can prove you wrong. This method can be used to oppose almost anything. That is why such arguments should be approached with caution."

A similar sentiment appears in a speech class textbook, but I didn't save that one because it was boring. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    All I'm saying is that not enough ugly people are told that they are ugly by their parents. I cant imagine the thought that goes through a fat chick's mind when she dresses provacitively.

If anything her chances of scoring would be better if she just left the damn clothes on!
    Hahahahaha!! Oh, c'mon carp!! You should know that what is pleasing to the eye and what is pleasing to the touch are often not the same thing. I think you ought to try out a chubby girl. You may find you like 'em! And if you don't I am sure someone else will!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast