+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: all men cheat according to my b/f!

Quote Originally Posted by equivo
    carpflounder do you agree with this guy that all men cheat?
    No, I disagree. There are some who dont....but they probably will at some point. Most men do. Thats my observation.

I also know that its very easy to play armchair quarterback and criticisze a soldier who's over there fighting and risking his life. Meanwhile Mlejoy, is here with her privileged lifestyle not having to fear for her life, and she is honing in on ONE of her boyfriend's deficiencies.

Give me an S, Give me an H, Give me an A, er' an L, hey another one, how 'bout an an O, and a W. Whats that give us?

SHALLOW.

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    I also know that its very easy to play armchair quarterback and criticisze a soldier who's over there fighting and risking his life. Meanwhile Mlejoy, is here with her privileged lifestyle not having to fear for her life, and she is honing in on ONE of her boyfriend's deficiencies.
    My guy is a fighter pilot and a senior officer - as an officer he gets more privileges than most, and as a pilot he gets more attention than most lol - he has a dangerous job and I understand that it gets lonely being gone so much - however, none of that would excuse him cheating on me - period!

and regarding my privileged lifestyle - i WISH i made as much money as he did - I'm barely scraping by and he makes close to 3 1/2 times as much as i do!

I would hope that most solidiers would be smart enough to keep their Iraqi philandering to themselves. I'd get rid of him just based on his level of stupidity.

I know I will get a lot of slack for this, but I'm going to have to side with carpflounder. Sex is different for men and women. Guys can sleep with a girl and not have any feelings for her. Girls are more emotional. They require a certain level of intimacy before they give themselves to a man. If you don't believe me, find a girl to ask 10 random guys if they want to have sex. Now find a guy to ask 10 random girls if they want to have sex. I do not think cheating is okay in every situation. However, I believe it is acceptable in some cases.

have you guys ever been cheated on?

There is something irritating about using military service as an excuse for bad behavior. I liked it better when you (?) used the nature argument (was that on another thread?).

EDIT: The more I think about it, this rationale annoys me because if you try to argue against it, you risk being labelled "unpatriotic" or "unsupportive of the troops". Republican hogwash.
    Last edited by shh!; 20-09-05 at 06:50 AM.

Cheating is never acceptable, full-stop. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a screw loose. Guys that can't control their primal urges don't deserve to have girlfriends committed to them.

Tone Guest
    Oh come on... I'm a guy and I think cheating is not acceptable in any cases. That's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    have you guys ever been cheated on?
    Nope, and I wouldn't put up with it.

Its a bit more complex then your taking it. ..... Before just saying "cheating is wrong no matter what." Think about the totality of the circumstances. He is a latino (cheating is rampant in his culture), he's in the military (ALMOST all guys in the military cheat while on leave). Why do you think sailors were using condoms back in the 40s and 50s?

Just get over it.
    Last edited by carpflounder; 20-09-05 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    I know I will get a lot of slack for this, but I'm going to have to side with carpflounder. Sex is different for men and women. Guys can sleep with a girl and not have any feelings for her. Girls are more emotional. They require a certain level of intimacy before they give themselves to a man. If you don't believe me, find a girl to ask 10 random guys if they want to have sex. Now find a guy to ask 10 random girls if they want to have sex. I do not think cheating is okay in every situation. However, I believe it is acceptable in some cases.
    I know that men view sex differently - and that is fine when you're single - a guy can sleep with whoever he wants - whenever he wants...

however, when you make a commitment to be with someone - whether a girlfriend or wife - you are making a commitment to be faithful to them - and not to sleep with anyone else. if you cant make that commitment, don't get into a relationship!

you can't have it both ways

Its a bit more complex then your taking it. ..... Before just saying "cheating is wrong no matter what." Think about the totality of the circumstances. He is a latino (cheating is rampant in his culture), he's in the military (ALMOST all guys in the military cheat while on leave). Why do you think sailors were using condoms back in the 40s and 50s?

Just get over it.

like my mom use to say ... "if everyone was jumping off a cliff - would you do it too"?

i refuse to believe that anyone is a slave to their culture - whether that is the latino culture or the marine culture - there is such a thing as free will. a man can decide that he loves his wife enough to keep it in his pants.

So if you have you have all the answers...then what are you going to do about it??

Are you going to get over it? Are you going to dump him?

Because let me assure you this: You cannot change him!

Just get over it.
    ahem excueeeeeze me but cheating is rampant in ALL cultures, not just latino.

True, but the sublety with the latino culture is that the women know that there men cheat...but stand by them. Permissable.

well you sure are full of generalizations about latino culture aren't you?

there are plenty of non-latino women who stand by their men after they've cheated, not just latina's, look at hillary clinton! i'm sure she's not the only one.

and not all latinas find it permissable for their men to cheat, i think you are sterotyping.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast