+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate how "adults" "hang out".

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Yeah, and why the hell don't people skip on the sidewalk anymore?
    I've skipped on the sidewalk on occasion, much to the amusement of the g/f. But then I feel really gay, and self conscious about being perceived as a fag in public, and stop.

This thread is depressing.

I still skip, jump, run... and do all kinds of silly stuff...

When people look at me, I just shrug it off. They don't know me... and probably never will. Besides, if they want to reprimand me for having a bit of fun... then their life is rather sad.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually have a bit of the opposite problem. I'm starting to wish some of my mates would grow up a bit. They're 26-27 and their sole focus is getting wasted and rooting chicks.

I was at a party last weekend and the whole f-cking party was on acid (I don't touch the stuff). I mean just about everyone there was tripping. And there was this big fire in the backyard. And people started ripping up the fence posts and throwing them in the fire. Even the guys that live there! I went round the next day and they basically had no fence down the side of their house. Their neighbours must be stoked.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I actually have a bit of the opposite problem. I'm starting to wish some of my mates would grow up a bit. They're 26-27 and their sole focus is getting wasted and rooting chicks.

I was at a party last weekend and the whole f-cking party was on acid (I don't touch the stuff). I mean just about everyone there was tripping. And there was this big fire in the backyard. And people started ripping up the fence posts and throwing them in the fire. Even the guys that live there! I went round the next day and they basically had no fence down the side of their house. Their neighbours must be stoked.
    That's beyond "immature". That's just stupid.

I've always been a fan of good clean genuine fun.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, pretty much all my social activities revolve around drinking. On a Friday/Saturday night it's either: go to a party and drink, or go out to bars and clubs and drink - or stay home. I'm getting really bored of it. It's like my whole social circle is in this rigid pattern.

I've been feeling more and more that i'd like a nice, mellow, girlfriend to just hang out with. I must be getting older, because I'm finding myself much less fixated on looks. Before it was everything. Now it's about 50% looks/body and 50% personality.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 26-04-09 at 11:10 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you still dating the Chinese girl, Charlieboy?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nah, I wasn't really into it. That's the other thing I'm doing these days, if I'm not stoked on a chick I just finish it really quickly. I figure I'm just wasting time and I might miss an opportunity to meet someone better. Before I kind of liked to be seeing a chick all the time so I'd keep it going until I got really, really sick of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    yeah, pretty much all my social activities revolve around drinking. On a Friday/Saturday night it's either: go to a party and drink, or go out to bars and clubs and drink - or stay home. I'm getting really bored of it. It's like my whole social circle is in this rigid pattern.
    To be honest this is why I think it'd be unlikely for me to date an aussie girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    To be honest this is why I think it'd be unlikely for me to date an aussie girl.
    You bring up an interesting point. American 20/30 somethings and Australian 20/30 somethings are very different.

Frasbee might enjoy importing an Australian bride.

Many refuse to ever behave like an adult, and reason why the growing trend of mail order brides is extending well into the serious type Australian male youth group where previously it existed as the sole staple of the lonely geriatric/widower set.

Serious Aussie women could in turn import more serious American chaps.

Everyone is happy. Everyone gets who they want.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Three Australians in a row? It's an Aussie Possy! Ahahaha! I like Aussies.

Charlieboy - it seems like you'd have access to some quality women in your field of study and work. It's just a matter of time... I think a lot of young women in your age range do all that partying because that's where all the guys seem to be (at least, that's often the case in the states - don't know about in Australia, now that Lipp and Doc are casting aspersions on Aussie girls).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah I was really talking about my male friends. They're the ones that could do with a bit of growing up.

I don't mind a girl that does a bit of partying. Once she becomes your girlfriend they usually settle down anyway.

lol this thread made me laugh, i feel like so many people my age are way too serious. i find i have the best fun with much older people coz they're so chilled out and younger people, people my own age just bore me, it's all about marraige, kids, mortgages, tax, politics....fck sake!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its about money. Now and always!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    come to nm and we'll play paintball.
    When it comes to paintball you've got to find the right crowd as well. I did it for about 3 years. There's the dorky guys that don't care how they look and are usually just out trying to have fun. Usually aren't very good players. There's the woodsy type of guys that like the camoflauge and are usually just out having fun don't take it too serious either but some are pretty good.

Lastly there's the the guys that take it too seriously who are good, or think they're good. They're easily picked out by their expensive guns and clothing. These are the types to avoid. I used to do tournaments and play with these guys quite frequently. The typical immature punks are the ones that usually play in tournament. You'll usually find them wiping hits and cheating. It's reasons like this I just got so tired of the Speedball scene. It was just full of egoistical pricks.

So what I'm getting at is avoid that crowd unless you want to feel like a cool highschool/college frat boy again.

As for me, I feel like an old fart at my age. I'm not the party type, people tell me I'm rather mature for my age. I don't mind, this is who I am and I like it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast