+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember how much high school sucked?

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I wasn't being insulting It is clear that you are where you are, based on your mindset. If you take insult to that, it is because you are ashamed that you have not gone further.
    Why would I be ashamed? I've gone far enough to have a lifestyle the majority of people can't afford, and I can afford to make a different career choice that my kid's needs are taken care of. I am lucky.

You sound defensive of your major, but you need not be. You can use it if you do your homework now, and work towards a practical goal.
    Last edited by shh!; 29-07-08 at 04:12 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Why would I be ashamed? I've gone far enough to have a lifestyle the majority of people can't afford, and I can afford to make a different career choice that my kid's needs are taken care of. I am lucky.

You sound defensive of your major, but you need not be. You can use it if you do your honework now, and work towards a practical goal.
    That's my point shh. At least you are able to look past the 'insult'.

I'm not really defensive of my major; all I was trying to do is prove this point.

???

Whatever...

I know that I have had to take a number of useless classes. English 101 can be aced by any high schooler with an IQ above 100. My communications class was a joke. Speech was a waste... there are lots of things that would have been more helpful (but less fun) for nursing majors.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    ???

Whatever...

I know that I have had to take a number of useless classes. English 101 can be aced by any high schooler with an IQ above 100. My communications class was a joke. Speech was a waste... there are lots of things that would have been more helpful (but less fun) for nursing majors.
    Yeah there are 'useless' classes. Everybody has to take them. But I have gotten something useful out of every class I've taken. English 101 was a bunch of different ways to write... aside from my own. All how you look at it....

Elementary school was new, was actually even quite fun. Middle school sucked hard. High school sucked too. College is good so far.

I hated middle school though, really.

About classes, in high school, classes were ok, but people just ruined them and teacher lost any motivation, then at the end it sucked really hard. Lessons were boring, social life was boring, everything was booring, there was a really good chance of losing motivation to study. Although yes, it surely wasn't an elite school, I knew it from the beginning but I still expected something more.
    Last edited by boobaa; 29-07-08 at 04:23 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

anachronistic Guest
    I liked elementary school the least. This was when my family was at its poorest... I was the class weirdo, had no friends, and everybody made fun of me. It seemed like there was no place to go. I think that's where my dark side comes from.

I loved elementary school. It gave me the desire to learn and seek more education. Learning went downhill after elementary school.

anachronistic Guest
    It discouraged me from learning. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be a paleontologist. All I did in my free time was draw fossils and read books on fossils and extinct animals. I knew all kinds of Latin words and shit. People always made fun of me though, for knowing all that. So I stopped. Nobody gave a damn. You'd be surprised what I could have told you at the age of 4. By the age of 6 I had thrown it all away.

I do learn better on my own, though. That way I am not distracted by a classful of ****ing idiots.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I LOVED HIGH SCHOOL.

I went to an awesome high school.

Looking back, I didn't like elementary school.

They sugar coated so much.

As if the civil war was really about slavery?

HAHAHAHA!

^ Hahahahahaha.

I think Shh! and Lilwang got some love hate r/s thing going on.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I loved high school too ... probably my claim to fame. And if it weren't for high school, I wouldn't have as many friends that I have now ...

However, college would have been pretty awesome had I embraced it early on. Now, I'm an older student spending my time at school alone. But it's still worth it ... I got most of the shit I need right now anyhow.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

History was not my strong point in elementary school. In fact, I don't recall ever having history. I don't recall much except for my super fondness for math. And that little 'new' knowledge was still better than most of the b.s. in high school.

anachronistic Guest
    I am a total history nut! But my high school history teachers had that boring, monotone voice that could lull even a British watchman to sleep.

I hated High School so much, I did my last year at Colledge.

Wow, what a difference it made! No more principals chasing you around and telling you what you can and can't do with your free time. No more shitty ass uniforms. No more condenscneding teachers telling you how little you know. No more forced discipline. No more detentions. No more time enforcement. No more gangs rebelling against the clandestine establishment.

I appreciate that some kids probably need some of the above, but being in a colledge environment where everyone treats you as an adult raised my motivation to actually study instead of fool around to see how much stuff you can get away with. In the end I get better results than my High School peers.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    University is to teach you to THINK. And to develop some self-discipline. Do not believe for an instant you are binned by whatever major you happen to graduate with. I speak from personal experience & those around me. The best minds are what I call 'generalists'.

If you want to learn a practical trade, a college or trade school will teach you this, and cheaper w/better connections upon graduating.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast