+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why do people go Tanning?

I like my natural skin tone, pale, but not a haunting white. Tanning cost too much and it attracts shallow guys.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Also in a tanning bed you get get tan ALL over, i hate tan lines.

It looks really bad when you're body is tan but your butt/boobs are white.
    I wouldn't be so sure about it Never got an "eye" on your back or ass? Or lines under ass? I saw many people with it You can wear really thin bikini or wear a normal bikini so to have the least tan lines that are possible. At least sun tan stays much much longer than the one you get in solarium .
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    I like my natural skin tone, pale, but not a haunting white. Tanning cost too much and it attracts shallow guys.
    Sun is for free
    I wazzzz here

I think its more a personal thing. I think a lot of women find confidence in it because of the image of "exotic beauty", I think its the same as women who feel the need to wear make up or dress up in order to feel confident.

As a guy, while I find tanned skin attractive, I certainly don't find untanned skin unattractive (or even less attractive!). Okay sometimes a really pastey while skin tone can be a little off-putting but its still not unattractive there is more to beauty than just skin tone.

If I'm honest most of the tanned girls I see around town take it much too far, and are most certainly unattractive because of it. They become some strange unnatural orange colour (although that's fake tan).

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about it Never got an "eye" on your back or ass? Or lines under ass? I saw many people with it You can wear really thin bikini or wear a normal bikini so to have the least tan lines that are possible. At least sun tan stays much much longer than the one you get in solarium .
    When i was in vietnam a couple years ago, i wore a string bikini....and i was brown but my butt was as white as you can get
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When i was in vietnam a couple years ago, i wore a string bikini....and i was brown but my butt was as white as you can get
    Did you wear a Bridget Jones kind of bikini ? I wear normal bikini and my ass is white just to some small extent . And anyway nobody sees is but me and my bf so if I don't care and he neither , why would it bother me? At least sun tan looks way more natural ,is healthier, stays longer, is FOR FREE , I really think it's better than sun beds . I was kind of addicted to sun beds when I was 16-17. I was buying a card for 110 minutes and was using it in less than 2-3 weeks (was going each 2 days for 10-15 min) . At some point I didn't need to go there because my skin colour was fine, I just wanted to go there . When I moved out of Poland it stopped, cause I noticed that people in Germany or France didn't pay as much attention to your tan as in Poland . But as soon as I came back to Poland for a visit , I've heard from my friends " You're ****ing white,blah!!!" ... I just didn't care. I don't like to be white, it's fine for me to be white in winter, it's how it should be , anyway I'm covered with clothes but in summer, it's just bad to be white... Now I'm in Spain and I enjoy the fact that I can sun bathe a bit .
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    Did you wear a Bridget Jones kind of bikini ? I wear normal bikini and my ass is white just to some small extent . And anyway nobody sees is but me and my bf so if I don't care and he neither , why would it bother me? At least sun tan looks way more natural ,is healthier, stays longer, is FOR FREE , I really think it's better than sun beds . I was kind of addicted to sun beds when I was 16-17. I was buying a card for 110 minutes and was using it in less than 2-3 weeks (was going each 2 days for 10-15 min) . At some point I didn't need to go there because my skin colour was fine, I just wanted to go there . When I moved out of Poland it stopped, cause I noticed that people in Germany or France didn't pay as much attention to your tan as in Poland . But as soon as I came back to Poland for a visit , I've heard from my friends " You're ****ing white,blah!!!" ... I just didn't care. I don't like to be white, it's fine for me to be white in winter, it's how it should be , anyway I'm covered with clothes but in summer, it's just bad to be white... Now I'm in Spain and I enjoy the fact that I can sun bathe a bit .
    lol neh, normally my bikinis are pretty tiny NO thong bikinis for me though i'm sure that would solve the problem lol.

i normally don't tan during the winter months only if i'm going somewhere special, and then i start tanning in early spring so i can be nice and tan for summer when i wear less clothes

Sun is for free
    More power to you and people like you that take advantage of soaking up the sun instead of waste hundreds of dollars cooking themselves indoors. I, however, live in Washington where it rains 98% of the year

Users Country Flag
    More power to you and people like you that take advantage of soaking up the sun instead of waste hundreds of dollars cooking themselves indoors. I, however, live in Washington where it rains 98% of the year
    haaa i live in washington too, i hear ya on the rain part. pretty muggy out today at least there is no rain

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haaa i live in washington too, i hear ya on the rain part. pretty muggy out today at least there is no rain
    For reals? I was almost sure you lived somewhere in the west ....
    I wazzzz here

For reals? I was almost sure you lived somewhere in the west ....
    youre so cute! I lived in California when I joined LF! People like you are the reason I keep coming back to this forum.

Lol. I live in Tacoma. and yes, its mostly just cold, windy and miserable today. Hasnt rained too much except right when I have to walk outside!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    youre so cute! I lived in California when I joined LF! People like you are the reason I keep coming back to this forum.
    ME and cute it's kind of weird to hear it ^^ Didn't hear it since a long time More "crazy" or "power-abusing mod" lol
    I wazzzz here

sadie_genie Guest
    Before a guy can come in here and say something lewd, I am going take his place and say:

That totally conjure up some very risque images in my mind right now.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Before a guy can come in here and say something lewd, I am going take his place and say:

That totally conjure up some very risque images in my mind right now.
    LMAO, well the main probably i have with tan lines is when it comes to sex i think it might look a little awkward. Though i'm sure that's the last thing my bf would be thinking about but you know...i don't want to get into details now. lol

sadie_genie Guest
    LMAO, well the main probably i have with tan lines is when it comes to sex i think it might look a little awkward. Though i'm sure that's the last thing my bf would be thinking about but you know...i don't want to get into details now. lol
    Tan lines for some reason makes a girl look so much more sexy. I dunno, that is just me (who think so, I mean).
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 01-04-11 at 07:57 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast