+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I way too sensitive? Are we always fighting because of me?

Dear kind young lady,

AFter reading your story and what others have said, though I agree with learning more on improving communication skills, you say this is your first relationship; well, perhaps its time to embrace your first break up as well.

He could very well be a nice guy and speaks to you as someone else said, 'like his FAther speaks to his Mother'; it is how he's been raised BUT if this young man is making you unhappy and speaks to you in ways that are often rude and uncalled for, well then, unless things drastically improve, you need to be strong and realize the more time you spend with a Mr. Wrong, the longer your without a Mr. Right.

Having the right partner is so very important;
    and though many couples eventually separate, some do stay together and it is the time shared that teaches us.
    Gaining a healthy dose of self respect, self worth is of utmost importance for you especially considering your just getting started

He was your first boyfriend
    but he won't be your last
    You and he will both learn from your experience.
    and please don't fall into patterns.... the one your with should make you feel great. Period. and if they do not, time to move on.

warm regards

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    THEY have issues with communication. It's not just her. ~ she defo should be addressing her social anxiety so she can be a happy camper in general
    Yes that's true, but she needs to focus on what she can change, what she has control of - her.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Dear kind young lady,

AFter reading your story and what others have said, though I agree with learning more on improving communication skills, you say this is your first relationship; well, perhaps its time to embrace your first break up as well.

He could very well be a nice guy and speaks to you as someone else said, 'like his FAther speaks to his Mother'; it is how he's been raised BUT if this young man is making you unhappy and speaks to you in ways that are often rude and uncalled for, well then, unless things drastically improve, you need to be strong and realize the more time you spend with a Mr. Wrong, the longer your without a Mr. Right.

Having the right partner is so very important;
    and though many couples eventually separate, some do stay together and it is the time shared that teaches us.
    Gaining a healthy dose of self respect, self worth is of utmost importance for you especially considering your just getting started

He was your first boyfriend
    but he won't be your last
    You and he will both learn from your experience.
    and please don't fall into patterns.... the one your with should make you feel great. Period. and if they do not, time to move on.

warm regards
    Thank you for taking time to message me.
    I understand what you are saying but I'm not ready to break up with him.
    I'm going to talk to him and tell him that we both need to change things if we wanna make this work.
    I can't break up with him.

Well may your talk work well and may you both gain some knowledge and understanding.

I hope it all works out but please remember to not fall into negative patterns that eventually wear a person down.

Something similar happened to me. I was coming out of a relationship break up and the way he made me feel was refreshing and cared for which I'd been missing in my previous long term relationship. We did get along really well to begin with and like you I felt I had no close friends around. It wasn't until he started acting odd with things I would do that I noticed something I didn't like but unfortunately he made me feel like the bad guy for causing his behavior.
    Long story short, I ended up telling some people I knew about what was going on and they helped me see the light that this guy was no good for me. He was selfish, arrogant and putting me down and I was too blind to see it. He became threatening towards me through text, phone calls and in person and I don't recommend being in that situation.

I'm much like you, sensitive, have very little close friends and low self esteem. My advice would be leave him. The way he makes you feel will only get worse and you're better than that. Trust me, there will be someone out there for you who won't make you feel this way. Make a plan to join a team, a sport, a dance class, something that you might enjoy and will get you interacting with new people who might share similar interests. This will grow your social network and your friend base.

Hang in there, I know what it's like to be in this situation and have people giving you this advice. One day you will know what's right. Go with it and don't be afraid, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123