+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life...

Chlorine, you bring up something that I've thought as very useful.

When you're on your deathbed, then people seem to realize what's truly important and what was trivial. As an old, wise man, Jorge Luis Borges said something to the effect of: "If I was to do it over again, I'd have less fictitious problems and more real ones." He also said something to the effect of eating more candy as a kid and climbing more trees..but I wanted to concentrate on this quote, like on Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, too. When you are on your deathbed, what things would you regret not doing, what things would you say, "Damn, I shoulda just done this or that, without worrying about satisfying the norm"..

That's how I'd like to live my life. Who cares what everyone else thinks. Live by my own rules, as long as I don't infringe on someone else's life and liberties.

Hayward, if you don't belive in an afterlife, death pretty much is a conclusion, right? Or did you just mean to say how you found it interesting that this particular event is grounds for such remembrance of an individuals life?

Life is meant to be lived.

You do things, take risk, jump, leap. Then, when you get to death, you either realized how happy you are with the legacy you left behind, or what a shitty existence you've led.

If you think it's going to be shitty, heck, you gotta start doing the things you want now.

Kiechi, it's great to be thinking about your life already. Try and set aside some time for just being a kid. Growing up happens despite.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123