+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the new Board?

Wow gone for a couple days and back to this. Was it broken before? Can we do something more now than we couldn't before? Or is this merely for change. IMO, change sucks. How do I tell what posts I've read or not? Ugh.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

i don't get your problems. everything works like it did before, only looks different. but the revolving stars are really annoying.

Yeah man, the stars are teh ghey! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

what are they for?

everyone has 4?
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Kiechi was being a dick to RK by deleting his posts just to piss RK off... RK started tellin Kiechi like it is - and Kiechi went and cried to loveadmin, who apparently didn't read anything in the thread besides RK's post and just banned RK, thinking he was attacking Kiechi just for the heck of it.
    You got me sussed.

On-topic - Yep, the new board is great. Makes a good change. Change = Good.

yea , me 2 i was gone for a couple of days and i come back to actually having to log on and some crappy version of LF ... i can tell ya at least it goes way faster tho ... but i cant figure wich are the new threads and the ones i posted in ... i used to prefer the old way better ... the red and black background .

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow i'm gone for a couple of days, oh wait, rather a couple of weeks and i learn that someone gets banned. hahaha this isn't something and but of all people rsk... hahaha i just gotta laugh. alright where shall i start.

you're crying about LA banning a member when LA himself isn't here. what do you think that job of a boss really is?? basically he sits on his fat ass and tells people what to do because he can. i'll admit it, i have never paid 2 cents for this site and as you can see, i'm one of the oldest members here. i'm just as bad as all of the other leaches who live on this site, come to it day to day to complain about all the shit that goes on in their lives, yet you want to do it for free..?? correct?but, there difference between you complainers and me is.... you cry.. cry about changes. of all the information that i have seen in the suggestion section was basically referring to post count..blah blah blah.. and showing of gender. who the hell cares.

in rsk's defence, he's a funny guy. i will admit it, however you have to know when you draw the line. you can be funny to some, yet you can offend others. i know while most of you are laughing at the sh*t that he has to say, others are offended by it, i know because i have done the same. and with all this moderator mocking that has been going on, you're lucky that we are lenient. not to offend the "regulars", but you think that you're gods. hey, i once thought the same thing changed happened. oh no, change is bad...right?? well look who stepped in to burst out bubble. the new group of regulars. so in the mean time, just enjoy what you have because nothing last forever.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Wow, great little speech there "Raverboy", you done now? Off your soapbox? Good. Couple of points I'd like make then.

First off, I've been away for a few days and can't believe RK is banned. I scrolled thru the threads and it's hard to tell what went on , as it appears a few got deleted along the way, but Keichi seemed to stir the pot instead of just leaving it be.

About the Mods, excluding Cybog; you all come in here and post with egos and chips on your shoulders. I don't even remember any posts (worth remembering) from Keichi. It's like a twentysomething kid gets a little authority, probably because he lacks it iin the real world, and exercises said authority for little or no reason. Cybog, on the other hand, posts regularly, has an opinion, contributes to discussions etc. and acts with a fair and balanced hand. He has become one of my favorite posters here; a lot having to do with his age, maturity outside this forum.

Maybe I have the concept down incorrectly, but aren't more successful websites those with lots of "hits"? Who do you think keeps this forum going, the Newbies with less than a dozen posts, who come in and ask their questions then leave? The lurkers, who for whatever reason, don't join? Or the Regulars who are here everyday, answering questions that come in , with friendly banter among themselves during "down times"? You guess.

Let's take the Regulars, or "Gods, in our minds" as you say. Sure, questions may still get answered to questions with posters with 1 post count, but do you think people would stick around if it weren't for the Regulars? Do you think Rosebud, Pears, dono, lovesjoyjam etc would still be here if their role were to just answer questions, then log off?

As far as the 'suggestion' section, that's just what it is, members ideas to better the forum. Take it or leave it. If you're not going to listen, why bother having it here in the first place.

Back to RK. I see no purpose in his ban other than an attempt to flex the muscles of Keichi. Keichi could have just "reported" his thread(s), but then, he wouldn't have been banned, would he? RK is one of the most liked Members here at LF; sure, we could all leave and find another outlet to chat during the day, and LF would still go on, or you could ease up and let LF be what it is, which is not all bad.

Tone Guest
    Amen, Lloyd.

Great post.. I agree with every single thing you said there.

I prefer to be referred to as "goddess".

That's more than I've typed in one sitting ever, including college (hence the reason I was a Math major)

Tone Guest
    Should do it more often.

(I'm actually just being nice, I really don't want more essays to read)

As a mod and being here myself for like 2 years I have seen groups of people who connect and are "the" group for awhile, then things change, people leave, etc, than "the" group is no longer there. A new set of people come in and they have the time to be on the boards as did other groups in the past. I dont post regulary anymore because I have seen and responded to the same questions a few times over.

I cant say anything about the ban I wasnt here for it nor did I even take the time to read that whole thing. We've had our fair share of things that have happened on here in the past before new posters or regulars whom have joined in the last year.

This place is suppose to be fun and supportive all in one and its been through ALOT of changes and people. Raver is probably the longest standing member in the forum today and has contributed more than anyone. WE all take breaks and post again. As a mod, mods have there own ways of dealing with things and believe me, Raver has left so many things and people alone, he feels freedom of speech should be allowed in this forum and sticks up for more people than any other mod too.

I can assure everyone here, not everyone will be here in 2 years, people get bored as a thread has been started already about the forum being dead. If you look, there are alot of people who cruise the threads and dont join. My guess its because they've gone through and gotten their answers from prevoius threads and or see the current people and their current posts.

This is a great place to hang out and meet people, Ive met several people through here and have remained friends. But things do change...nothing stays the same and I personally welcome change now again!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Sounds like it's time for more change....perhaps new, 'active' mods.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Sounds like it's time for more change....perhaps new, 'active' mods.
    so everybody can complain some more about being moderated or what?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast