+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who on LF do you think would make good parents

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    50 isn't OLD, but I surely won't be as able physically as I would in my early to mid-40s so I can play with my kids.
    You have a really limited view of what a 50 year old is like these days. They aren't 22, for sure, but many are definitely about the same health & fitness as a 40-something. Even into their 60s, some are in remarkable shape. Have you seen Madonna lately?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Hahahh! When they are 15, they won't want to play with you anymore, anyway.
    That's not necessarily true. It just depends on how the relationship was growing up. If my dad wasn't an absolute prick I would have been fine playing some sports with him or whatever. That's what I'm saying. If my son is 15 or 16 and playing a sport in high school, I'd like to be able to help him practice etc.. and not get tired after 5 minutes.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jesus, Madonna is insanely hot for her age. I remember being shocked when I heard she was turning 50....she's two years older than my mom, and looks 15 years younger.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Celebrities are the exception to the rule. They have the money to keep themselves together.

Shania Twain and Demi Moore are pushing 50 too... Demi Moore has the body of a 20 year old (or did a couple years ago).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    That's not necessarily true. It just depends on how the relationship was growing up. If my dad wasn't an absolute prick I would have been fine playing some sports with him or whatever. That's what I'm saying. If my son is 15 or 16 and playing a sport in high school, I'd like to be able to help him practice etc.. and not get tired after 5 minutes.
    Trust me - at 15, they will see you as "embarrassing" no matter how cool you (or even their friends) think you are. They will take pity on you and hang out with you from time to time, but they are definitely moving on to their own life at the age of 15. This I know from experience.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Trust me Cain, if you take good care of yourself then you will be quite fit and healthy to enjoy sports with your kids at 50. My uncle is one of them and he is in his late 60's and can play with his teenage grandkids.

I also know another who will turn 50 in September who is more fit than 18 years olds. I watched him play with the 18 years olds and ALL of them were shocked. He's the fittest almost 50 year old I have ever seen in my ENTIRE life. Good genes and his parents are alive and well too, especially his mother. Almost all of grandparents and great-aunts/uncles and great-grandparents lived to or near 100 years old. This man inspired me to take very good care of my health.

When my GRANDmother was alive she took care of infants and toddlers very well and she liked to dance.

Question, are you saying 50 years old when you start or 50 years old when they turn 18?
    Last edited by lesa; 10-06-08 at 06:30 AM.

It doesn't even really matter how fit I can be at 50. I don't want to wait til I'm 30 to have children. I like kids. I want to have a child in the next few years.. around 25.. when I'm stable enough to do it.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    ...but are you saying Gribble should be my baby daddy?

What? We'd make a beautiful baby. And you'd be the perfect woman to raise him. Don't worry, I'd send the kid e-mails every now and then.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I don't blame you Cain. 25 seems like a good age to have kids if you can be financially stable and not tied down with school or a job. Your kid can have (hopefully) a dad to look up to for more years

That's fine...25 is a good age. It's your life and your decision.

If I could, I would rather have a child at 40. Unfortuately, I better do it a decade or so sooner lol. I could adopt at 40 though .

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL! Definitely NOT Tone. Hahahahaha!
    Too funny... LOL!

I think there are a few people on here who'd make good parents:

Shorty is patient and understanding enough for the job
    Tone will have a lot of love to give to his family
    Blue is rational and caring enough and will wait for the right time to give her kids a good future
    Scorp will make a good dad when he's ready imo, he'll have a lot of good lessons to teach his kids
    Miso will make a good mum, though my crystal ball sees lots of smacks upside the head
    I think Tiay as well (btw, what happened to her?)

I'm sure there're many others
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really look forward to being a parent ... As for being ready, I don't know if that's truly possible ...

But there are a few here that are kind of my parents on the site like Indi, Giga, and Vash ... they're my LF parents ...

The rest are my homies ... haha
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

i think everybody here would make great parents. there are a few people who come here, usually they don't stay very long, but they really should not reproduce. yet those are the people who reproduce the most.

tone will be a great dad and all around family man.
    bsummer will be a good mom. that child will be SPOILED.
    i think gerbil will be a fun dad. a child would brighten up his world like the sun. and the kid would have the best laughs.

i would let any of those three father/mother my child any day.
    Last edited by misombra; 10-06-08 at 09:49 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I imagine me and Sombra wouldn't get on much in RL.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast