View Poll Results: Who has the uppr hand?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guy

6 37.50%
  • Girl

3 18.75%
  • Both 100% equal

6 37.50%
  • Same gender relationship

1 6.25%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who has the upper hand in your relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by chairman55 View Post
    Why is it considered us screwing up more vs. some girls being overly anal and picky? I guess I'm in the whipped club as well, but sometimes I wish that she would just learn to relax and chill out a bit.
    I think he would be equally pissed if it were me making the mistakes he's making. I'm not being unfair.
    Spammer Spanker

After reading all this, I wonder if, in fact, I DO have the upper hand in my relationship?

For example, the most recent issue (about a month ago now) my guy and I was a multi-faceted issue (as are most significant relationship problems). I think this is why people have so much trouble solving these problems. Multifacted problems require an equally intricate solution.

When my guy and I were having this issue, I found that I had to take it upon myself to be a source of stability and reassurance for him. I have been through several more long-term relationships than he has, and our issue was very much related to the idea of "relationship experience". Despite the anxiety brewing inside, I pushed it aside and took the reins. I gave him just enough responsibility so that he could be and feel successful. Get some positive energy going.

This would not have worked if I hadn't maintained the upper hand in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    .......she is very angry at my 'behavior' as she calls it, like I'm a naughty dog or something lol.
    Hahaha. That is funny.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Both equal, unless it comes to parenting but I usually give in there. I feel like she has the slight upper hand when it comes to raising kids. Does anyone else get that?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
    Both equal, unless it comes to parenting but I usually give in there. I feel like she has the slight upper hand when it comes to raising kids. Does anyone else get that?
    In my house, I had primary responsibility for the kids, and my husband had primary responsibility for the money, each of which was our primary area of strength. That said, if there was ever anything my husband was adamant about with regards to the kids, I usually gave in because it was a rarity. And even though I never really wanted to buy anything he disapproved of, if I ever really wanted to, I would have, and he would accepted that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I read this and I dont see why all the complaints.
    For me the woman always has the upper hand.
    That is how I like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123