+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The final verdict...

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    I would've done things a little different if I were him. Not everyone are built the same so need to be judgmental. To each his own. At least his memories of you will be happy ones, and not from bitterness.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    I would've done things a little different if I were him. Not everyone are built the same so need to be judgmental. To each his own. At least his memories of you will be happy ones, and not from bitterness.
    I'm curious. What would you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I'm talking about no-commitment, no strings free-to-do-what-I-want flings. If they get attached after I tell them not to, then that is their problem. And I'm always safe.

This is about my 5th serious break-up. I'm like the President for the How to Get Over Someone Club.
    I'm sorry to hear this. You guys seem so mature and smart about the whole thing.

Maybe you can give me some coaching on how to get over someone I''m quite clueless

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I'm curious. What would you have done?
    I'd rather tough it out. See things right through the end. What he's trying to do is what I'd term as "mercy killing". There's nothing wrong with your relationship, so why end it? I know the veterans here would readily disagree with me, but like I said, to each his own.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

To be honest, I'd be pissed off that he wanted to end what was a good thing going between us....even if he was only 22 and me 25.

I just said in another thread that I thought 21 was too young to be tied down and I think 22 is young too. But the issue here, isn't that your guy has said he feels he is missing out or that he wants to go and sow his oats elsewhere....so this is why I'm not understanding why he'd want to end your relationship?

People do long distance all the time. Crikey, I was in one for 2 years. It sucks yeah, but still and if you love each other and are determined to make it work, it will.

Anyway sorry to hear this Having ended something with someone a few months back...it sucks. But if you don't work things out, well someone else will for sure come along, as they always do

I'd rather tough it out. See things right through the end. What he's trying to do is what I'd term as "mercy killing". There's nothing wrong with your relationship, so why end it? I know the veterans here would readily disagree with me, but like I said, to each his own.
    I would have done the same. I had 2 LDR's. 1 crashed after 6 months. Other one lasted nearly 3 years and it broke for reasons other than distance.

In any case Lahna, I think u made the right decision to stay. Focus on the job and find some new hobbies.

Eons ago when i was in SD with my first love, we visited the zoo and sea world. Are they still there ?

I can't believe your roommates have a problem with that. It's usually the landlord who has the biggest issues with that stuff. My roommates don't mind it as long as I don't let him slither around on the floor. I've even gotten them to hold him a few times.

yeah i would have done the same even if i know LDR's a bitch.
    anyway congrats lahnna on taking this to maturely. you sound like a queen of break ups (no offense )
    good luck with your job and love life and your one night stands (but i don't think you need any luck for that )
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I can't believe your roommates have a problem with that. It's usually the landlord who has the biggest issues with that stuff. My roommates don't mind it as long as I don't let him slither around on the floor. I've even gotten them to hold him a few times.
    my parents hated me having a snake and my gf is dead scared of snakes, so i never got to keep one
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

I personally did not care what my gf at the time said about my snake. I'm really glad I did.

I'm sure if you could somehow sneak a snake into the house you could probably have it without your parents noticing. You could put it in one of those plastic tubs and put it under your bed.

I know you guys say that you'd stick it out, but that could mean years of waiting for things to settle down. There is no telling if he's even going to stay in NYC. There is another job that he wants that would put him in D.C., then Georgia, and possibly anywhere in the world.

It's too early for us to tell if we are right for each other. And as of right now, we're moving in different directions. It's sad, but if we ever do find each other later, we'll know that it's right.

aww, i'm sorry to hear about this lahnna! i don't understand why he's so dead-set on ending the relationship. i've been in an LDR before, and it's rough, but there's no reason to end something that isn't broken. you're a strong woman, and i think it's completely awesome that you are sticking with #1 and waiting to see what might develop with this promotion of yours. your bf will be giving up quite a gem if you ask me. NYC is loud and busy and he'll have his work cut out for him as far as getting a girl is concerned. women are viscious over here haha.

i have to be honest though, i'm looking forward to all the juicy hook-up stories
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

lahnnabell, are you just being strong here and hiding your emotions about the break up. I'm a romantic at heart and i feel that it's only love that matters, in then end, when you look back on life, not money or career. And what i mean by that is love between partners, between family and friends, feeling that your life has been successful from the point of view of the relationships in your life. Not career or money, never should it be that.

I believe that LDRs can only work if there's a solid, mutually agreed-upon plan for being together within a reasonable amount of time. This isn't the case with Lahnna and her man. It would be the Death by a Thousand Cuts scenario. No way. Breaking up is the only thing that makes sense.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I believe that LDRs can only work if there's a solid, mutually agreed-upon plan for being together within a reasonable amount of time. This isn't the case with Lahnna and her man. It would be the Death by a Thousand Cuts scenario. No way. Breaking up is the only thing that makes sense.
    i guess you're right. that really blows...i'm really feeling for you lahnna!
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast