+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rattled!!! Do I have the right to be?

Just because you didn't tell your boyfriend about your thing with the other guy doesn't make it irrelevant. You were wishy washy about the whole thing which was the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    It may be a good idea to consider it again anon. Me and my bf didnt move in together until we had been a couple for 3 years and we were both working full time. Everything flows so much more smoothly when you don't have to worry about money. One less thing to argue about at least. Lately I have been struggling a little as bills etc are going up, wages going down each year with this stupid government budget and taxes so we agreed to combine both our wages, pay the bills, rent, food etc, save a bit and then split what is left between us as he earns more than me. This way I wont be worried about money and theres no more stress (for now anyway)

Anyway my point is: If you and he cant live comfortably together-then its better not to live together yet until you can
    I agree with what you're saying, but last school year we were much better off because he had funding, therefore our bills were split equally. That's how I am foreseeing this school year to be. I don't want to give up on living together or on our relationship because of what happened this summer. At this point, it's just a matter of waiting it out and seeing how the next year goes. I think we will be more comfortable financially, which obviously helps, but it will also give him the chance to prove that he can be responsible in other ways too, like not failing any classes (;

If he does well in school this year, and passes all his classes, then we will be silver. If he is able to find a full time job next summer and KEEP IT, then we will be golden! Of course this is all "if." But IF this is the case, then I think he will have proven to me that he can actually be a responsible adult. Financially though, I think we will be okay when he gets his student loan, because everything will be back to equal.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Okay well good luck. Dont give him a whole year though. If he starts going back to his old ways again-then just go. This should be his last chance
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123