+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fake it

i'm talking about general friendships

when i say 'becoming the same person' i'm saying that there is no substance to what they are saying and it happens to be what people expect/PC or just plagerised therefore it's a lack of intelligence, fear of being shunned, or need to be accepted/popular? an opinion that might well be 'just' an opinion not neccesarily a nasty/illegal thing.

it's not about 'forcing' anyone to debate. I'm talking about people not wanting express their true opinion and be an individual and instead they give an 'acceptable' opinion.

it's not about being social in the real sense (as in interracting and having fun or being polite, having a nice day was just an example). you can still be truthful and have fun and be nice.

maybe people just can't think for themselves...altho this can't be said for all, for some people it's obvious that they are being fake....there just seems no need for it and it's boring. but my question is why? where does the need come from?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    what the **** is this shit?

pura mierda todo lo eso.
    Совершенство!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    It's another ubiquitous "Eco versus the world" thread.
    Miso, mbe the mods should just start deleting these threads as soon as she makes them. She's at least as bad as SK8R or RSK ever was in his day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is anyone actually *enjoying* any of this? I came back for Cain & now I regret it. There's too many stupid posts on this site lately.

Here is my faker role model.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDADTMqDDL8&feature=related"]YouTube - Fake orgasm[/ame]

I don't mind Eco's threads, but I think it's funny that she's using this topic as a thinly disguised way of insulting other forum members, or trying to anyway. I'd have been fine with discussing the topic at hand if she hadn't mentioned other LF members.
    Last edited by starbuck; 14-10-08 at 09:09 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

People are social creatures... to fit in, you have to fit in. Which, for some, it means having to put on a front. It doesn't mean these people are lacking intelligence per se, but that they don't know themselves well enough to truly be who they are in public. Those who know who they are and are confident don't usually feel left out because people are attracted to such an attitude.

well, let's have a vote.

i tend to be liberal about it because it's her thread and it keeps her from ****ing up the threads of others.

but you know how i feel about statistics...
    Last edited by misombra; 14-10-08 at 09:09 AM. Reason: for indi.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Miso, mbe the mods should just start deleting these threads as soon as she makes them. She's at least as bad as SK8R or RSK ever was in his day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is anyone actually *enjoying* any of this? I came back for Cain & now I regret it. There's too many stupid posts on this site lately.
    No, I'm not enjoying come on here and seeing the New Posts section ALWAYS have at least one thread from eco that is just too trivial.

Not saying this one is too trivial...it could have been better, had she not started accusing members of being fake and having such a "look at me I'm better" attitude.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i'm talking about general friendships

when i say 'becoming the same person' i'm saying that there is no substance to what they are saying and it happens to be what people expect/PC or just plagerised therefore it's a lack of intelligence, fear of being shunned, or need to be accepted/popular? an opinion that might well be 'just' an opinion not neccesarily a nasty/illegal thing.

it's not about 'forcing' anyone to debate. I'm talking about people not wanting express their true opinion and be an individual and instead they give an 'acceptable' opinion.

it's not about being social in the real sense (as in interracting and having fun or being polite, having a nice day was just an example). you can still be truthful and have fun and be nice.

maybe people just can't think for themselves...altho this can't be said for all, for some people it's obvious that they are being fake....there just seems no need for it and it's boring. but my question is why? where does the need come from?
    Oh, BS Eco. If you actually thought this, then you would apologize to ppl on this forum for all the shit you have stirred up. Or haven't you noticed that most posters either ignore you or actively dont like you?

You actually revel in the argument. Trouble is, it gets old fast. Its cute in small doses and when its understood to be of a 'teasing' nature, but you stand on your e-soapbox & tell everyone else how they should be doing better.

If anyone here is full of shit, its you. We all know it. So do you.

So, question is, why do you keep coming back for more abuse?

Because you're addicted to the conflict & the drama. No wonder it took thousands of resumes for you to get a job. I wouldn't hire someone like you either. Not a team player. No good.

This could be a good place for you to learn somethings about yourself if only you'd let it happen. Noone really is out to 'get you' here. You're just an energy sucker & ppl protect themselves from your sort.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I don't mind Eco's threads, but I think it's funny that she's using this topic as a thinly disguised way of insulting other forum members, or trying to anyway. I'd have been fine with discussing the topic at hand if she hadn't mentioned other LF members.

in a small way yes i am pointing out the obvious coz it has just become ridiculous, if i wanted to insult i would name names, there is no need for me to do that, but majority of this thread is focused on the actual subject of being fake.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually the majority of this thread is dedicated to pointing out what a pest you are.

in a small way yes i am pointing out the obvious coz it has just become ridiculous, if i wanted to insult i would name names, there is no need for me to do that, but majority of this thread is focused on the actual subject of being fake.
    You didn't have to name anything.
    You could have very easily presented this topic without the accusations and without blowing your own horn. And without the religious statement...sorry, I'm maybe the only one who finds that comment very annoying.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i tend to be liberal about it because it's her thread and it keeps her from ****ing up the threads of others.
    Yes, but if she does it in other's threads, then that's a whole different issue that is easily solved, esp when they complain.

Anyway, this forum isn't a democracy & doesn't need to be one from the mods perspective. Tho I think its nice you asked.

in a small way yes i am pointing out the obvious coz it has just become ridiculous, if i wanted to insult i would name names
    Well, in a way you did insult when you said that one obvious example of fakeness is America + the example posted (have a nice day). I don't think that's the case at all. I think you could've made your argument better and more specific to maybe certain social norms in the western culture or certain personality types. Without it what you post sounds too random and too vague and ofcourse some people will take offence to these generalizations.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco is one of those sort who insults and then goes "Who, me?", knowing full well she is stirring the pot.

Its completely deliberate. She has said so. For that reason, I don't think your post, Mish, will mean much. Even tho I agree with you, in principle.

Anyway, if she stays on this path, she'll get where she's going. Its that simple.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast