+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a X-Box, PS2 or a GC person?

You know what they need? More two player cooperative hand to hand combat games. Remember the days of Final Fight and Streets of Rage? How fun were THOSE games!!! They haven't come out with that in a LONG time. As a matter of fact, Halo is one of the first co-op shooters I've even HEARD of in a long time (similar to those of yore like Contra, Super C, Rushin Attack, etc). How awesome would it be to have a co-op fighting game? Not tag team like DOA, but more like streets of rage and final fight and double dragon and stuff like that?

Man. As poor as the graphics and stuff were on the old nintendo systems (NES, SNES), the games back then seemed to be more inventive and original. Now it's just copy cat games. One person comes out with a succesful racing game (GT), and shortly after a few more do (Project Gotham, Burnout, etc). One person comes out with a stealth game (Metal Gear Solid), and shortly after a few more suddenly do (Splinter Cell, Syphon Filter). One person comes out with a crime game (Grand Theft Auto), and all of a sudden a few more do (Max Payne, True Crime, Mafia)

Seriously, where'd all the creative people go? It's depressing.

Alexi
    Last edited by sfalexi; 02-06-04 at 09:19 PM.

yes xbox has untapped power, but that's because of the licensing and legal stuff a studio has to go through to get the development kit for the xbox. ps2 development is much easier. i'm telling you guys (gals) ninja gaiden harnesses the xbox in so many ways...there's a reason why it's only on the xbox. and i like gran turismo 4 because it's close to real as you can get. where else can you test drive exotic cars without commiting grand theft? i love the ps2 and all but it's just getting flooded with copycat games like alexi said. resident evil 1 on the gamecube was by far the best game i've seen before this year. the graphics just scared the shit out of me when it first came out. RE zero was even better, only more of the same thing, but still good. each system has it's own negatives and positives but it's the company that makes the console that matters. gamecube will forever be for the kiddies due to it's fanbase and the same for the other 2 consoles. God i'm such a nerd...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Gamecube is really just a 'continuation' of Nintendo in my mind. What is the reason most people go gamecube? To get the "nintendo" licensed games. MORE mario. MORE mariokart. MORE zelda. Basically just for those games that nintendo has snagged and exploited and developed and re-developed and re-released for YEARS and YEARS on end. NOW gamecube is coming up with more third-party developers, but for the best overall experience, both old and new, I would personally recommend people to PS2. You get a good mix of new games (genre-wise), while offering a wide selection, while ALSO retaining all the favorites for PS1 (cause it's backwards compatible, but most people end up forgetting that).

I chose Xbox because I'm not a game hoarder. I'm in the market for only a FEW, good quality games. And it turns out that Xbox (in my opinion) had the BEST quality games. I'm talking when you look at the top dogs of games for all the systems, I think xbox's topped the best PS2 games, and the best gamecube games. HALO tops all, now ninja gaiden is out which I'll get eventually, I now have thief III (which I LOVED the first and second thief games and this one so far is living up to the legend), can't wait for burnout 3 (I can't remember if it's xbox exclusive, but even if it's not I love that game), halo II, DOA Ultimate, and other goodies.

Alexi

Ok, firstly I'd just like to point out that I was glad to see Halo as a co-op game. I'm in love with co-op (especially with friendly fire enabled ). But to say it's the only one you've ever heard of means you haven't been looking. Go out and buy Dynasty Warriors 4 for PS2. Best co-op I've ever played and I'm a veteral of Streets of Rage in the good ol days. I can tell you I didn't buy the Gamecube for Mario. The only game I own with Mario in it is Super Smash Brothers Melee. That game is the reason a lot of people bought the system. And I'm sorry but I'm not going to miss out on more Resident Evils, Starfox 2, Eternal Darkness, Custom Robo, the new PITFALL!!!!, Phantasy Star 3, and the new Metroid simply because people think "it's a kiddy system". The truth is it has more variety and since it keeps making games for the younger gamer, people generalize. Truth is PS2 makes tons of games. Lots of good stuff, tons of crap. That's how they deal with variety. The XBox just makes games they think people 18-25 are gonna be into. Gamecube makes titles for all ages. From the youngest of beginners to the most elite hardcore gamers. That's why Gamecube has my vote all the way.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    Gamecube is really just a 'continuation' of Nintendo in my mind. What is the reason most people go gamecube? To get the "nintendo" licensed games. MORE mario. MORE mariokart. MORE zelda.
    Alexi
    Actually, it was basically loyalty that drove me to purchase GC. I do enjoy the Mario games, but truth be told I PREFERRED the games made by Rare. DK64 and Banjo Kazooie were my absolute favourites! I was so pissed when Rare was sold to Microsoft. Bill Gates bites!

everyone is just hating on M$ because they're buying everyone off? i'm not a huge fan of M$ but i like how bill gates is taking over what he can. i bet if anyone else were in his shoes, y'all would do the same. he's just more evil and good at it. so what if even his toenails are rich...he done good.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

why cant we talk about atari damnit? just one simple joystick easy moves-not this crazy shit where you need to use like 10 buttons to make one jump-too damn complicated! GIVE ME SIMPLE...one simple joystick to do it all!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Alright alright, I just really need to ask something to any gamer here. I have owned True Crime: Streets of LA since Christmas but I've never played it. People are all about it so here I am 6 months later and I decide to give it a shot. Man oh man does this game SUCK HAIRY ASSHOLE. Why on earth do people like this?
    Heit ist mein taug.

thats game sorry people seriously sucked. ITs so CRAPPY. Your ****ing crime level goes up when you shoot the public. WHERES THE FUN IN THAT?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    everyone is just hating on M$ because they're buying everyone off? i'm not a huge fan of M$ but i like how bill gates is taking over what he can. i bet if anyone else were in his shoes, y'all would do the same. he's just more evil and good at it. so what if even his toenails are rich...he done good.
    If I was in his shoes I would make ALL SOFTWARE FREE

and besides - Billy Gates DOESN'T know SHIT about computers. He's never built one - hell he's never programmed anything. All of us here know more than Bill Gates does about Computers - let alone his Windows. He is VERY COMP ILLITERATE.

All he does is handle the business. Other people program the stuff. Not him. +Even from the beginning. Someone else came up with the idea. Someone else made it. Bill Gates just sold it.

Hell, he doesnt even know how to use Windows at all. I would be suprised if he could tell you one thing about it on his own with out a script telling him what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrley
    why cant we talk about atari damnit? just one simple joystick easy moves-not this crazy shit where you need to use like 10 buttons to make one jump-too damn complicated! GIVE ME SIMPLE...one simple joystick to do it all!!!
    lol You so crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    Bill Gates just sold it.
    You mean STOLE it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    and besides - Billy Gates DOESN'T know SHIT about computers. He's never built one - hell he's never programmed anything. All of us here know more than Bill Gates does about Computers - let alone his Windows. He is VERY COMP ILLITERATE.
    He may know nothing about modern computers but to say he's never built one or programmed anything is just the kinda rumor that makes false gossip. Bill Gates started out in a garage with the creator of Apple and made Windows on his own. Granted it was very different than todays OS he started out as a computer geek, it was his business side that made him rich but computer illiterate is not an accurate title for him.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Actually Zekk he didn't create windows. IBM did. But they didn't know what to do with it. They weren't sure what it's use was going to be because at the time it was created, PC's didn't exist. Steven Jobs, founder of Apple, (who was NOT associated with Gates at the time), had a meeting with the execs at IBM and "agreed" to take it off their hands, (they figured it would be of no use to him either). You see Jobs new this would be big, but the people at Apple couldn't figure out how to navigate it. Then Bill Gates enters the picture, (yes he did start out in a garage, but Jobs was the REAL computer wiz), and takes the prototype off Jobs, "just to see if he could figure out what to do with it". The next thing you know he's copied the windows program and before Jobs can get his prototype ready for mass production, Gates has a company in Japan (I think), build mass amounts of PC's with the windows program ready for selling, (hence me saying he "stole" it). It was only AFTER that, that Jobs was kinda forced into joining with Gates. Didn't have much choice really. What was he gonna do? He eventually lost control of Apple computers as well, and that's how he ended up with Pixar.

P.S. If anyone wants to know more about it , I recommend renting Pirates of Silicon Valley.
    Last edited by Breezy18; 03-06-04 at 10:49 AM.

Wasn't Paul Allen in the picture also? Then got dumped along the way, and Bill ended up taking all the credits for the accomplishments? I think I remember seeing a movie about it. It portrayed Bill as some evil genius.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast