+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    it's more like... lazy guys finish last...
    I bet you I'll be (willingly) married before you are. =P

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

[QUOTE=GrkScorp] point is... nice guys DO finish last in that respect... growing up.. they study, they work, and they prepare themselves to raise a family later on in life... soon, they get to be 30, married, with kids, with a great job, but it doesn't mean anything, caz now they're 30, and they can't ever enjoy everything they missed when they were 18-24...

so they put up with it for a couple of years.. they enjoy their kids... until they grow up and leave.. and one day.. it hits them.. they CRAVE that unlived past teenagehood... and seek to enjoy it... in other words... mid life crisis...

imagine you're 45, married, with kids, and the only great sex you've had was with your wife when you were 25-30-ish.. now you have all your friends telling you stories of their sex lives when they were 18-24... with some hot 18-22 year old co-ed, or waitress, or classmate... watever... your not as jealous as you are upset that you've done sOoOo much in life and enjoyed less of life than all your other friends...

[QUOTE]

On the other side, you have the guys who were popular with the girls in high school and college, having lots of sex with lots of girls, until one of them gets pregnant (before he has finished school). He ends up marrying her, but is pissed off that his fun was cut short and he, too, later has a midlife crisis.

Or the popular high school athletes, who showed such promise when they were young and hip, but find that once their highschool football career is over, no one is interested in them because they are too stupid to hold a real conversation with anything breathing (except maybe their dog). These guys peaked out in high school, and once they realize it, they start drinking beer every night and beat their wives. He has HIS midlife crisis when the cheerleader he used to have a crush on divorces her husband.

Admit it - most men have issues sometime during midlife. As for me, I would definitely take the smart, nice guy. At least he will usually snap out of it.
    Last edited by shh!; 12-08-05 at 09:16 AM.

Or the jocks can bag my groceries. I love seeing those athletic people in school becoming those people.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Nice guys? What about Nice Girls? I swear, so many of these topics they try to make gender specific apply to both sexes.

I think it's just as rare for a guy to be like: "Hey, that looks like a nice girl. I'm going to go dance with her."

Nope.

It's not so much that it's an unattractive quality..but we tend to associate it with it because we're always looking for physical attraction first. If a friend comes up and says, "I want to introduce you to a friend..I think you'll like him/her s/he's really NICE." If that's your only descriptive word, you're not really looking that forward to it, just yet. But if they say they want to introduce you to someone "hot"...ooh, the butterflies start quick. You want to meet this person.

But I agree with the comments about maturity bringing more importance into substance (ie, "niceness") and less on aesthetics.

Have a nice weekend..again..

well , interest usually starts of with you liking someone physically , the hardest part is finding someone who is good looking for you AND thats great for you ... I'v meet soo many girls that have found me attractive/ iv found attractive , then they open their mouths to have a conversation , or i see them doing something ...and its all over ... also tell me why are women so self-insecure ... why do ALWAYS HAVE to wear make-up or look like your from Hollywood ( this is for MOST girls) just WHYYY!!?!?!? it annoys me like crazy to see snobs and uppity types like that , they act as if they never too a shit in their lives , damn were ALL humans ...

relax there vamp... yeah.. i agree with the first half of your post... girl are insecure... but i have nothing AGAINST make-up... i just prefer none...

yes ok.. fine.. we must be fair... there is a whole good girl / bad girl thing to...

we all know what they say... good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere...

let's face it... good girls don't stand a chance against the bad girls in highschool or college... a man's sexual peak is at 18-24...

all the bad girls are just looking for some simple attention, so all the guys respond and the good girls get left out...

is it fair? no.. not really...

even as a guy... after a while... the whole bad girl act gets disgusting...

in the long run, guy DO prefer good girls...

call me crazy.. but i think cute is a slightly better quality than annoying... sexy is a much better quality than whorey... and more smart than ditzy is a TAD bit better than more ditzy than smart...

in any case, yeah... it's a shame... but what can u do...
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

call me crazy.. but i think cute is a slightly better quality than annoying... sexy is a much better quality than whorey... and more smart than ditzy is a TAD bit better than more ditzy than smart...

in any case, yeah... it's a shame... but what can u do...
    Cute is only SLIGHTLY better than annoying?
    Smart is only a TAD bit better than ditzy?
    Are you trying to bait me?

ok grk boy that was very deep...but the fact is nice girls and guys still suffer until everyone else gets tired of the jocks and cheerleaders...and yeah they are the ones that end up with the high end jobs...but soo what the fact that they were ignored in their most vunerable age stays with them for the rest of their lives.
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

Quote Originally Posted by XPixiedustX
    ok grk boy that was very deep...but the fact is nice girls and guys still suffer until everyone else gets tired of the jocks and cheerleaders...and yeah they are the ones that end up with the high end jobs...but soo what the fact that they were ignored in their most vunerable age stays with them for the rest of their lives.
    maybe... i see ur point.. but consider this...

the sooner you fall behind... the more time you have to catch up...

yeah.. true.. so nice guys/girls don't have THAT much fun in high school n' college... but think about the benifits... ok fine.. there are no benefits... but so what... define fun anyway...

maybe... i see ur point.. but consider this...

the sooner you fall behind... the more time you have to catch up...

yeah.. true.. so nice guys/girls don't have THAT much fun in high school n' college... but think about the benifits... ok fine.. there are no benefits... but so what... define fun anyway...

well i'm glad u see my point
    Fun:"activities that are enjoyable or amusing"

well i'm glad u see my point
    Fun:"activities that are enjoyable or amusing"
    so what your implying is that things have to get a lil wet just to have fun... well.. i have to break it to u pixie.. but there're more fun things to do in highschool than a slip n' slide... or being sprayed by a super soaker...

so what your implying is that things have to get a lil wet just to have fun... well.. i have to break it to u pixie.. but there're more fun things to do in highschool than a slip n' slide... or being sprayed by a super soaker...

That was a lil too explicit...i think "sex" would have done the job....and i don't ever recall mentioning ANYTHING about sex...or the "slip n' slide" as u very eloquently put it

That was a lil too explicit...i think "sex" would have done the job....and i don't ever recall mentioning ANYTHING about sex...or the "slip n' slide" as u very eloquently put it
    i dunno wat that was all about... but i was simply talking about a perfectly fun outdoor activity... n' u had to sex it all up now didn't u?

i dunno wat that was all about... but i was simply talking about a perfectly fun outdoor activity... n' u had to sex it all up now didn't u?
    Actually you had used the same exact terminology in one of your earlier posts and that WAS definitely a direct refrence to sex...but i apologize...however yeah the slip n' slide is a rather fun activity...if your 10!

Slip n' Slide mmmmm? I suppose you don't see the sexual implication now do you scorp? It's fine hun, we all know you're putting on an act. I fancy your post there scorp, even I must say, very funny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast