+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my interview

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you become a fireman and don't like it, can't you always go back to construction inspector? There is a shelf life on when you can enter the fire department, I think, and they seem to have a high level of job satisfaction.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    i think you should determine if this will be more self-satisfying than your current position? sounds like your current position is pretty lax and easy...but sorta boring. the firefighter job might be a bit more demanding and take up more of your time and energy, but it might be worth it in the long run because you'll feel more valuable/needed...the job might be more satisfying.

how does the salary look in comparison to what you already make...better? way better? or not as good?
    Actually the salary is better.... a few thousand better. Also it is a more secure position. One of the things that makes me lean toward fire fighting is finding fulfillment that I don't have at my current job. Yeah, my job is easy, but easy is way overrated.... way overrated. Also you have to consider that fires don't happen every day (unless you have an arsonist in town), so I wouldn't be running myself into the ground every single day.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    I agree with red. From a pretty lax job to a more demanding 1 such as a firefighter might be a bit of a shock for you. Then again I don't know you, you just might be ready for the extra work/challenge.

Anyway...best of luck.
    Any change would be a shock I think, but at least I'd be making more money, helping people, and not doing the same thing every day.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If you become a fireman and don't like it, can't you always go back to construction inspector? There is a shelf life on when you can enter the fire department, I think, and they seem to have a high level of job satisfaction.

Exactly right. The last time I considered applying there was a two year waiting list just to take the test. This time the positions opened in the county instead of the city. I applied and here I am in the interview process. Speaking of which I think I did pretty good on the interview. I was honest, answered all questions without too much fuss, and even got a few laughs. The only thing that bothers me is the way that the interview is conducted. It seemed like a standard government interview. I can't go into too much detail because I was told that if I discussed the interview details that I'd be out of the interview process. At any rate it is not like a standard interview at all, and I won't know whether I passed or not for months. After that time I suppose I can explain a little bit more about what I didn't like.

^^^ugh, more anticipation? ur killing me lol
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Bam. Got my 15th post. This place rocks!

What happens at 15? I forgot because its been so long since I reached that. Blogs are disabled, so I hope that isn't what you were waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    What happens at 15? I forgot because its been so long since I reached that. Blogs are disabled, so I hope that isn't what you were waiting for.
    Someone sent me a PM and you need 15 to respond.

Oh. Wow, I soooo take PMs for granted. I suppose I should be more grateful. It would suck to not be able to PM someone.

Hope you can make it through.

Thanks, me too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123