+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What does it mean for a man to have a "type"?

Apparently, there's an exception Good for you. There's plenty of short, weak guys out there who aren't too much in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Apparently, there's an exception Good for you. There's plenty of short, weak guys out there who aren't too much in demand.
    Ha ha send em my way. I don't care if a guy is physically weak as long as he is mentally and emotionally strong.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I have a HUGE thing for foreigners. In fact I don't remember the last time I dated or slept with an Aussie guy...
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Hmm, that's interesting. Should someones "type" be defined by what they find attractive or by whom they have been dating?
    My first crush happened to be an american doing her PhD in astronomy here. Now I have a crush on a Polish girl who's going to come here to do her PhD in biology... or something like that. Should I conclude that my type is foreign scientists? Even though, I would have no problem having a relationship with a local high school drop out.

Interesting point. Reflecting back my ex's have been tall, short, skinny, solid, dark, light etc. Something about them attracts me initially but they have all looked completely different so I definately don't have a type. Actually, just a guy without massive unresolved issues would be nice but that's another story. Personally I don't really understand the 'type' thing. Why discount so many people coz they don't fit into an ideal? As for foreigners it has been circumstancial mostly as I have been travelling or just fell for someone that happened to not be an Aussie but if a nice Aussie guy came along I would go for it. The foreigner bit just adds an interesting dimension, a new culture to learn about and stuff. Makes it a little exciting...

My boyfriends have come in sorts of sizes and looks. What I realize draws me in is their passion toward something... Art, travel, writing, sailing, theatre, baseball... They've all had a die-hard love of something that seems to give them this otherworldly passion. Pretty sure that's what sucks me in.

I have a type, free spirited, fun loving, I guess I do like them nice looking, shallow as it may be, and I dislike the constant need for sexual contact, so I preffer it when they don't want sex early in the relationship lol, my first girlfriend was sarcastic, not great looking and a complete slut, but, I loved her and the girl I'm in love with now seems to be moderately sexually active with her boyfriends, yet, one of my best mates who falls PERFECTLY into my "Type" I have no urge to be with, I just love her like a mate.

Having a type is just a prefference, it doesn't mean we will be bonded to it by blood lol

I like women who are smart, know what they want, are secure and self-confident, humble, and have good communication. I'm not hung up on looks much. Therefore I tend to like older women.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

i've never really thought about if I have a type, but i guess i have.

A man in uniform is very nice, my ex wore uniform, and oh my goodness did that do it for me. Not just any uniform, it has to be military.

Also as someone else said a man with a toolbelt, it's very attractive, i guess it's because like the uniform thing, it's masculine. I also love that attitutde, you know the kind of responsible, efficient, i can handle this kind of thing going on. so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    My boyfriends have come in sorts of sizes and looks. What I realize draws me in is their passion toward something... Art, travel, writing, sailing, theatre, baseball... They've all had a die-hard love of something that seems to give them this otherworldly passion. Pretty sure that's what sucks me in.
    Just curious, have you been out with many Scorpios?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

My hubby likes short curvy women.. I'm 5'8" and didn't have a figure to speak of until after I had my son.

It hasn't ever mattered though. I noticed he wasn't looking at me the same when I got down to 51 kgs (I couldn't find jeans small enough to fit me... well that were under $300). That's when I realised that there it is possible to cross a line and lose that physical attraction for your partner if they are too far from your type. I got myself healthy again and went a bit over board (up to 70 kgs) Now I have settled on 60 kgs which is a nice size for me. The way hubby puts it is :O "You have boobs again!" :p
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Just curious, have you been out with many Scorpios?
    I am a Sagittarius and I've dated Sagittarius or Pisces mostly. Sagittarius helps fuel my own passion, and Pisces does a good job of mellowing me out. Sagittarius and Pisces are typically known for being dreamers, but with different approaches to life. One Leo, but I realize that I didn't like how needy he was. He seemed to have the mentality that I was going to take over for his mother once we moved in together. One Aquarius, he was the world traveler. One of my fcuk buddies was a Scorpio. Scorpios are very secretive, strong silent type. My sister is a Scorpio. I'm attracted to them, but I could never make a relationship work with one. I've dated two Cancers and both of them were far too sensitive for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123