+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents trying to get me to cheat on my gf

yeah just tell her your happy with her at the moment. she probably just wants you to experience everything else out there. But i agree with you, dating other girls while you already have a gf seems like cheating to me, but i guess it justs differ from person to person. just shrug it off and enjoy your relationship. even i've been with only one girl seriously and i dont even want to think of being with another girl. yes i know im still young and im living a fairy tale but i love it!
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Quote Originally Posted by adam95 View Post
    yeah just tell her your happy with her at the moment. she probably just wants you to experience everything else out there. But i agree with you, dating other girls while you already have a gf seems like cheating to me, but i guess it justs differ from person to person. just shrug it off and enjoy your relationship. even i've been with only one girl seriously and i dont even want to think of being with another girl. yes i know im still young and im living a fairy tale but i love it!
    I love hanging out with her. I feel like I can finally be myself and I don't have to worry about her judging me about anything. I don't think my parents understand that I'm really happy when I'm with her. I even told my gf about this because I tell her everything and told her that I would never do that to her because I like her so much.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

yeah your mom is probably just worried that cause you didnt go out with much girls, you might regret it later in your life. maybe she's had some negative experience relating to this matter. what do you think raze?
    anyway just keep doing what your doing, introduce her to your mom. im sure she'll love her.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No^. Your mom totally hates you and only wishes the worst for you, Raze. This is why she says these things. Its well known that mothers really hate their children, deep down. You are completely right to interpret your parent's motives as unkind and designed to make you miserable.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by adam95 View Post
    yeah your mom is probably just worried that cause you didnt go out with much girls, you might regret it later in your life. maybe she's had some negative experience relating to this matter. what do you think raze?
    anyway just keep doing what your doing, introduce her to your mom. im sure she'll love her.
    The weird thing my parents believe I should get in a relationship in graduate school. Well.. the timing was kind of off but technically I'm in graduate school; it just hasn't started yet. My mom told me she had a total of 1 date in college where as my dad only had a few college. In this case, when I say I college, I mean undergraduate college. They met in graduate school and they have been married ever since.

They seem to be getting more comfortable with the idea of me having a gf. This has really only happened this year where I have had girlfriends that I'm kind of serious about.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I even told my gf about this because I tell her everything .
    This was an extraordinarily stupid thing to do. ^^

If you end up marrying this girl, she will have difficulty getting along with your parents, knowing they weren't in favor of you settling down so young.

You don't think things through much, do you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    This was an extraordinarily stupid thing to do. ^^

If you end up marrying this girl, she will have difficulty getting along with your parents, knowing they weren't in favor of you settling down so young.

You don't think things through much, do you?
    My parents and I are from two different worlds. We are very different. Also, I'm at the point now where I don't want a gf unless I can tell her everything. If I can't, then I'd rather just be single for the rest of my life. It may not work out because I did things that "aren't socially acceptable" or "aren't relationship acceptable" but whatever.

No, I do think things through in the sense that I've just made the decision that I'm going to stop bsing people and just tell them what's on my mind. I'd rather not live in a state of secrecy. I'd rather not worry about such things.

Vashi, even I have trouble getting along with my parents. I'm expecting my gf to not get along with my parents. lol.
    Last edited by Raze; 06-08-10 at 10:27 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old are you? Because you sound pretty impulsive.... that trait won't serve you well in the long run.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    How old are you? Because you sound pretty impulsive.... that trait won't serve you well in the long run.
    I'm 23 and I disagree. It's worked out really well. I wouldn't have gotten into Graduate School if I didn't speak my mind or do things that were different. I wouldn't have met my gf if I wasn't impulsive. She actually likes this trait of mine. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with people or speaking your mind. I'm just a very honest person and am always straight up with people.

I feel like I have to edit this multiple times because I'm still bothered by what you posted and I just feel like I need to better make a point of how you are wrong about this. If people weren't impulsive, we would still be cooking buffalo meat over rocks. I see nothing wrong with impulsive. This is edit #3. Hopefully, I won't have to edit this further if I come up with anything else to say.

On another note, you should be glad that you got me thinking about this more and more.
    Last edited by Raze; 06-08-10 at 10:45 PM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Telling your gf EVERYTHING is a deadly trait but like this situation.... "you'll see".

nah i have to agree with raze here. you should tell your gf everything. i mean, im sure theyre close enough that even her gf understands where his mom's coming from.
    and b4 i met my girl i was the kind of person who would just think a million times and not do anything and now being impulsive actually got my life going. ofcourse you still have to think but not contemplate on what to do forever.
    its all about balance, i've learnt

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I'm 23 and I disagree. It's worked out really well. I wouldn't have gotten into Graduate School if I didn't speak my mind or do things that were different
    LOL. Its not that hard to get into grad school. Its definitely not correlated with making wise relationship decisions. Honesty for its own sake is a childish mentality.

I just feel like I need to better make a point of how you are wrong about this. If people weren't impulsive, we would still be cooking buffalo meat over rocks.
    Its not impulse that made someone consider cooking their food. Intelligent, yes, willing to try new things, yes. But a good scientist thinks carefully about what s/he is doing. That's not impulse, btw, its noticing things. Or, desperation and accident. Its entirely likely that cooking food happened b/c someone was starving and they accidentally dropped their food into the fire.

You have a lot to learn yet, Raze.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're screwed too! "you'll see". You're an individual there is no one in the entire world who should know EVERYTHING about you, except yourself.

aww cmon. yes i understand there are limits but the situation raze is isn't one of them. Like in my situation, my dad literally despises my gf but i dont let her know that. she has figured it out as dad doesn't even try to be nice around her but i dont tell her to her face that my dad hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL. Its not that hard to get into grad school. Its definitely not correlated with making wise relationship decisions. Honesty for its own sake is a childish mentality.

Its not impulse that made someone consider cooking their food. Intelligent, yes, willing to try new things, yes. But a good scientist thinks carefully about what s/he is doing. That's not impulse, btw, its noticing things. Or, desperation and accident. Its entirely likely that cooking food happened b/c someone was starving and they accidentally dropped their food into the fire.

You have a lot to learn yet, Raze.
    Are we really going to fight over this? I mean really.... really? You just insulted me on so many levels.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast