+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a path to getting back together?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Frankly, if you want to give things a proper shot you don't play games by acting in a certain way. You both act the way you are, and if you enjoy eachother's company you stick around.
    Playing games is for clubs when people want one-night stands and attract people by showing up as being different from your everyday fella.

As for deciding whether or not she's worth it, it's up to you, you know far more about the details of the situation than we do and so far you've sounded mature about it.
    I guess I'll have to be natural about it, but I think I have to go in pretty hard because I don't think I'll get another chance.

Hmmm I now need 2 more posts before I can send a private message. How irritating.

I'll be seeing her today at school so hopefully I can set up the "date", make it a bit more concrete. Persistence works i am told.

Also is alcohol a good idea or a bit rapey?

The legal age is 18 here in the UK.
    Aaaand that's my 15th post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Also is alcohol a good idea or a bit rapey?

The legal age is 18 here in the UK.
    Aaaand that's my 15th post.
    A bit of alocohol can make someone a bit 'looser" but to much alcohol makes someone usualy behave 'irresponsible'.

I usualy recommend against alcohol.

Remeber the phrase: "Darn woman.. give me another drink, you looked a lot better last night."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    A bit of alocohol can make someone a bit 'looser" but to much alcohol makes someone usualy behave 'irresponsible'.

I usualy recommend against alcohol.

Remeber the phrase: "Darn woman.. give me another drink, you looked a lot better last night."
    I think a happy medium is in order. Loosening myself and her up would definitely be useful but I definitely don't want to start blurting things at her. She's been talking a lot about "losing herself" recently and going to a lot of parties and getting wasted, so she's very into alcohol at the moment. It worries me too that she might do something really stupid.
    She's had a horrible year so it's understandable she might want to get with some jerk who will treat her like crap, such is the way that girls think.

Hi all.

Some stuff has happened in the last few weeks so I may as well update you all in case you feel like offering up any wisdom.

She started going out with someone else who (surprise) turned out to be a nasty piece of work. I don't know the details but he basically tried to molest her in his car, which did not go down well at all.

Me and her saw each other in some group environments and then I arranged for us to go see a concert like we did last year when we started dating. We did this last Friday and it was really nice- we both had a lot of fun. I was funny, I teased her, took the lead etc. all the things I was supposed to do. Overall I think I did a good job, but I can't be sure if I succeeded in creating attraction.

At the end of the date I said how much fun the night had been and asked her how she'd feel about getting back together for the summer. It was pretty awkward at first but not in a horrible way, more funny (she was still smiling). She was open to giving it a try and seeing how things go, but she's going to be away a lot so she told me "not to expect much". When I asked her if I was in the friend zone she said she doesn't know she doesn't really have one. However she definitely enjoyed the night a lot and she called me the next day to arrange another date.

To be honest I'm not too hopeful- I don't feel there's enough of a spark between us and I worry that what happened before is still going to get in the way of any physical escalation I might want to try (even something small like holding hands).

So I guess I need to know if you guys agree with my interpretation of events and if you think there's anything I can do at this stage. Feel free to ask more questions if there's something I've left out.

Thanks for reading

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123