+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A drunk mom that doesn't care anymore.....

Leah - I am choosing to believe what you have written here despite the fact that you seem to have a problem with habitual lying. If you ARE lying, I suggest you get some sort of help. You really need it, even if your mom is the best mom in the world.

If you are telling the truth, or even if it is only close to the truth, I think you ought to seek out a more stable living environment. I don't care if your friends aren't there. You can make new ones, and the ones you have are likely no good anyway. Do you have grandparents or aunts/uncles?

Secondly, I think you have enough trouble in your life without adding to it by getting involved with boys, so I think you ough to lose the boyfriends. You are too young to be dating in the first place and far too needy, and your sexual promiscuity will definitely get you into trouble. Do you realize how unqualified you are to be someone's mom?

I think you ought to throw away the eyeliner you wear. It is harsh and ugly, and makes you look hard and troubled. The look you wear will only serve to attract losers and alienate decent people. Same goes for your skimpy clothing.

Finally, I think you ought to invest ALL of your energies to improving your chances at a decent life by focusing entirely on your education. Take this advice seriously. It is pretty much the only chance you will get to pull yourself out of the crappy life you are living, and is the best insurance you can have against reliving your mother's and father's mistakes.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Leah - I am choosing to believe what you have written here despite the fact that you seem to have a problem with habitual lying.
    Where did you get this from?

So far it hasn't been proven she's lied about anything. She still sticks to everyrthing she's said thus far.

Just because she sticks to her story doesn't make it true. It doesn't matter, anyway, because I am answering her under the assumption that she is telling the truth. And on this particular subject, I believe she may be.

Tone Guest
    Yeah but who are we to say she's lying...

But darling, you aren't.

Tone Guest
    Just hold me....

::kisses Tone on forehead while smoothing his curls::

aww...I don't know what to think either you guys...I hope it's not just to get attention but knowing how so many parents are like that, it's probably true.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Very sad; they should make you pass some sort of test before you reproduce.

Well, when I was in high school, I had this friend who was a compulsive liar. Of course, I didn't know that at the time. She told very convincing stories about how her father abused her or how she had an eating disorder, but the final lie came when she said she had a brain tumor. She stuck to her story for several months. Even going to explain what procedure she would be going through in order to remove the tumor. She would come to school acting all weak like she was going through chemo. She lied A Lot. In reality, her parents weren't abusive, but they were stupid because they would back her lies when people asked them about how she was doing and stuff. I'm not saying Leah is like this, but I am saying it is possible for someone to tell Huge lies in order to get attention.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Well, when I was in high school, I had this friend who was a compulsive liar. Of course, I didn't know that at the time. She told very convincing stories about how her father abused her or how she had an eating disorder, but the final lie came when she said she had a brain tumor. She stuck to her story for several months. Even going to explain what procedure she would be going through in order to remove the tumor. She would come to school acting all weak like she was going through chemo. She lied A Lot. In reality, her parents weren't abusive, but they were stupid because they would back her lies when people asked them about how she was doing and stuff. I'm not saying Leah is like this, but I am saying it is possible for someone to tell Huge lies in order to get attention.
    I would agree as I have seen this myself as well. I don't like having to look through what people say just to see what their intentions are in the first place.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I think you ought to seek out a more stable living environment.
    I was under impression that we all think she is 14. How does anyone go about seeking a more stable living environment at that age? (Apart from running away from home and living on the street).

For example, my budgie lives in a cage, which is a type of a tyrannical environment with an institution that provides free food, water and medicine at the expense of his freedom of movement. Now, I am pretty sure he would be much happier living in a democratic society where all budgies have a voice and can elect their own representatives into parliament, but the reality of the situation is such that if he is set into the wilderness he will probably die due to mal adaptation.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Mishayna - I already suggested she contact her father (who doesn't live with her) aunts, uncles, grandparents. If her mom really IS so screwed up, she probably has at least one relative who knows it and might be willing to help.

Mishayna - I already suggested she contact her father (who doesn't live with her) aunts, uncles, grandparents. If her mom really IS so screwed up, she probably has at least one relative who knows it and might be willing to help.
    I was under impression she has already done all that and even lived with her dad for awhile, which left an even worse impression on her. It's very unfortunate but most times your immediate parents is all you have when you're growing up. My Uncles/Aunties for example wouldn't touch me with a six foot pole when I was a kid...

How about this for the starving kids in Africa, why don't they just find a job?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well, let's see. Based on the info she gave us, she left her dad's house when she was in the 5th or 6th grade because he didn't have a place to live. (That would have been a few years ago.) She went on to say the reason she doesn't want to live with him is because her friends aren't nearby - not because he won't have her. It appears that the foster parents were the abusive ones, although the last sentence of her 1st paragraph is a little unclear.

This situation hardly compares to the starving kids in Africa. The kids in Africa have little choice in their destiny, and this girl can change hers by making good choices, although she admittedly has a tough road.
    Last edited by shh!; 08-11-05 at 07:23 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast