+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stress

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Commendable
    Sorry if I took offense Tone, but that's how it came across to me.
    You have nothing to be sorry about, it's me who should be sorry. Sometimes I get aggressive when tryin to get a point across to people here when they seem to miss it the first time around...

I just try to be as brutally honest as possible so you can see what the very real possibilities are if you continue on this path.

Again, I HOPE to be wrong, I hope Bluevette is wrong, I hope this DOES work out for you, but if I didn't do my part in tryin to help you, I wouldn't feel very good about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Well, I guess, Whayward - it is largely personal.

For me, I've never tried the chemical stuff and stuffing things up your nose is A LOT more expensive than marijuana (at least where I live). Occasional marijuana use is not going to bankrupt anybody.

I have also been educated to believe that cocaine is severely addictive. I've worked with people who have lost their jobs for not showing up cuz of cocaine. But I've never worked with someone who has lost their job for smoking dope - and I have worked with lots of people who've both smoked dope and done cocaine. (funny that is...adn I've worked in such different industries!)

And I certainly wouldn't dare suggest that Americans are tight-assed. That would be rude and also uninformed. I am however wondering out loud if there are differenet cultural perspectives on this. In Holland where they sell it in some cafes and in Canada where there is some degree of decriminalization occurring....there may be laxer attitudes ... across the board....amongst non users as well as users?
    I heard that Amsterdam is banning tourists from smoking in their Cafes, is that true? My friend is going to the Cafes espcially, so they may not be pleased, lol!

My friend went there last fall and that most certainly wasn't the case!! Maybe it has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    My friend went there last fall and that most certainly wasn't the case!! Maybe it has changed?
    I dunno to be honest maybe it's just a floating rumour.

Being somewhat the cynic, I'm highly suspicious the American government are as they are about drugs because being so justifies significant public funds being diverted from one use to another. Imagine how many budget cuts would have to be made if something as innocuous as marijuana were legalized here tomorrow. Imagine how much bureaucratic in-fighting would occur. All in all, I think the American "drug policy" isn't a policy at all. It's just a result officials taking paths of least resistance...and covering their administrative asses. Pathetic, actually.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    I heard that Amsterdam is banning tourists from smoking in their Cafes, is that true? My friend is going to the Cafes espcially, so they may not be pleased, lol!
    Likewise, Morroco when I was there. Locals could smoke hash in public with impunity. Allah help you if you were European (read "white", Tone!) and tried to.
    Speak less. Say more.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Likewise, Morroco when I was there. Locals could smoke hash in public with impunity. Allah help you if you were European (read "white", Tone!) and tried to.
    ::ROLL EYES::

Hehe. Lloyd was RIGHT!
    Speak less. Say more.

Tone Guest
    ;)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have a problem with marijuana being legal; in fact, I support it. I still wouldn't want to be partnered up with a pot head, though.

The fact remains that your man chose to smoke pot rather than hang out with you, Commendable. THAT is where the problem lies, in my opinion. That, and the fact that he is blowing you off in other areas as well. I suppose if you are willing to tolerate that, then this is the man for you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm not anti-weed, it's ok every now and again I guess, but heavy use is bad bad bad! I don't think I'll ever do it again though.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Commendable
    Does anyone else ever get tired of the stress involved with being in a relationship?

I"m sure in time things like this won't stress me out, but our relationship is new....we haven't built up a trust system yet.

I just kinda felt like he was blowing me off.

I hate being a clingy paranoid girl.....
    I don't know how you can get so stressed over such small little things. You said it youself things are new with you two. Yes, you had a bad experience in your past that hurt you, but it's just that.. The past. He's out of your life. And while you should keep things in the back of your mind for further reference you should not think every guy out there is the same exact way. At some point you have to accept that things happen. Sometimes this guy may get tired and not want to talk or whatever, but you have to accept that's just what it is and let it be. Save your energy for other things and don't worry about every little thing or you will have a hard time from here on out.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    I can't count how many Corvettes I've shoved up my nose.

I guess we have a vice, my vette is sitting in my garage.

It all depends on what you want out of life.

There is this guy!

"Yeah, I got really stoned on my couch last weekend, it was so cool man, and women love this guy to death."

Then there is the other type.

"Yeah, I was going into turn 7, and I just about broke the rear loose and pilled into the viper running next to me, anyway, I took him in the straights at over 180 MPH. What a day"

When you are 85, if someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?

It is all about what kind of character you want to be in this life. Some figure it out some don't. There are many on here that have a made a life's worth of mistakes in a short time, and can spare you of that, if you only would listen. But the words fall on deaf ears.

I guess at some point in my life, I decided to take others advice, as I have never met anyone that has wanted to steer me astray yet.

Like I said to another drug user on this forum.

DRUGS keep you from being all you can be. What if you are the person who could cure AID's or Cancer? But you will never know, because most drug users are too lazy to get of the couch.

A true sin is being given a gift in life, and either abusing it, or not using it at all.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    DRUGS keep you from being all you can be. What if you are the person who could cure AID's or Cancer? But you will never know, because most drug users are too lazy to get of the couch.
    WHAT IF you did cure cancer and saved the life of the person who's then going to destroy the whole world?
    i'd much rather the drug user'd staid on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    ...Like I said to another drug user on this forum...
    Hey, Vette. Welcome back. (Now. Don't f with the mods anymore.)

Good comparison. Speed junkie/coke junkie. (Incidentally, I don't use drugs anymore. Don't even drink alcohol. Been thoroughly there and found there is no "there" there.)

Extend the parallel, though, to a social level. Many talk about how similar in genesis various addictions are in invidviduals -- sex addiction, drug addition, alcohol addiction, and so on -- but they loose the connection between addiction and behaviors when they look at things from a cultural standpoint.

Example: The pursuit of wealth. Virtually everything one can say about a drug addict, he can also say about someone whose primary drive is to accumulate wealth. Or a nation of "someones" whose primary drive is to accumulate resources. Like oil, say. They are equally addications. But, as in war, where serial murder can become heroism, when a nation a people all agree material wherewithal is a good thing, the damage that is done to one's self and other people and things pursuing that success is discounted. Just as a drug addict discounts the damage he does in pursuit of his addiction.

My own view is that the acceptance of the one permits the other to exist. As long as it's okay for a person or a nation to press (or artifically create) an advantage that puts another person or a nation at a disadvantage they wouldn't otherwise experience, there will be individuals who believe it's also okay to lie, cheat, steal or rob to get their fix. It's more than merely a matter of one outlook justifying the other. It's more like they're the SAME outlook.

Not anything I much care to be party to at all.
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast