+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard the quote "God DAMNIT!!!"

[QUOTE=LTsK8eR2gO]
    Liberal branches of Christianity? Umm.. No. Let me explain this...

Christianity = "Jesus MUST be the son of God. God cares."
    Me = "Possible, but not in my eyes. Possible, but not in my eyes."

Good enough?
    /QUOTE]
    Yes, that's good enough. But just for kicks, be honest with me here, and tell me what heppens if you're wrong? If Jesus is truly the ONLY way to eternal life, and your wrong, then what? Are you telling me that you're willing to take the chance to suffer extreme pain and horror for eternally? If not, then I suggest you do some serious thinking on what you truly believe.

Anyway, we're not coming down on you and telling you that 15 year olds cannot love, or any of that. I'm just telling you that you are both young, and have a responsibility to your parents, even if you don't like it. I was also pointing out that how a person treats someone their close to, in most cases, can be seen in what kind of relationship they have with their parents. And those are the ONLY two things I was stating. I don't kow where you were pullng this other stuff, maybe out of your a$$ or something.

Hope things turn out, and life gets better for ya.

BTW, sex isn't everything. I havent had sex in about 8 or 9 weeks, and I'm fine so far.
    Last edited by dono; 09-03-06 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dono
    Yes, that's good enough. But just for kicks, be honest with me here, and tell me what heppens if you're wrong? If Jesus is truly the ONLY way to eternal life, and your wrong, then what? Are you telling me that you're willing to take the chance to suffer extreme pain and horror for eternally? If not, then I suggest you do some serious thinking on what you truly believe.
    You aren't allowed to preach here - check out the rules against religious posts.

I am in no way trying to convince you, skate boy, to become Christian, since I am definitely NOT a Christian. I am only telling you that your views ARE compatible with the more liberal strands because it may be helpful to look for commonality in this matter. You alienate religious people when you are so hostile to their religious beliefs.

About the dad not showing you any respect, I say that generally when you want something someone else has power over (like a girl), it is stupid not to defer to their authority and show respect.

You, on the other hand, have to EARN their respect, and that isn't going to happen when you are so disrespectful.
    Last edited by shh!; 09-03-06 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    You aren't allowed to preach here - check out the rules against religious posts.
    Uhm, EXCUSE me... I don't believe I was preaching. Last time I checked there were about 4 other people that had mentioned Jesus, or God in this same exact thread, including the thread starter, so where is the ****ing line being drawn? Nobody's preachng to anyone else, so just tell me I'm preaching becuase I was amused by something he said, and decided to respond in a challenging way for KICKS.

**** me sideways.... gar.
    Last edited by dono; 09-03-06 at 09:55 PM.

Uhm, EXCUSE me... I don't believe I was preaching. Last time I checked there were about 4 other people that had mentioned Jesus, or God in this same exact thread, including the thread starter, so where is the ****ing line being drawn? Nobody's preachng to anyone else, so just calm the **** down.
    How old are you, anyway, preacher boy?

How old are you, anyway, preacher boy?
    I am 19 years old.

But you know it doesn't even matter. I was simply here to make the point of respecting your parents, because it's your duty to while you are still living at home. And that he should be proud to have a girl that actually cares about her family, and parents.
    Last edited by dono; 09-03-06 at 10:00 PM.

I thought younger.

I thought younger.
    I figured you would. If you got to know me, you might not.

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    But yeah, I found out that her step-dad didn't let her mother talk to me because I was going to change her mind and "manipulate" her, which is a huge deal of the step-dad. He's really creepy. I don't know how this happened, but about 8-10 months ago he got a picture of me and my ex-girlfriend kissing and it was kept under his keyboard. He's totally stalkerish.
    I find that creepy as hell. Especially considering Jordyn's mom's bad taste in men. I hope you don't push these people too far. They sound nuts.

I thought younger.
    Snide comments like this also make me think people are younger than they are.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    They sound nuts.
    Yeah, they sound a little weird.

In my mind it's perfect clear to me that it isn't so much your spiritual beliefs that they have a problem with. It would seem that the problem they have with you lies in the fact of you wanting a serious and/or sexual relationship with their daughter. And the fact that you guys are 15 amplifies the situation in their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Thanks, that is my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I thought younger too!

Am I twentysomething yet?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

King Zarathu Guest
    Oh, okay. So all the athiests, agnostics, etc.. are all going to burn in hell for all eternity. At least my friends will be there with me I don't think you were preaching either, but then again, I don't take offense to other people's beliefs

In my mind it's perfect clear to me that it isn't so much your spiritual beliefs that they have a problem with. It would seem that the problem they have with you lies in the fact of you wanting a serious and/or sexual relationship with their daughter. And the fact that you guys are 15 amplifies the situation in their minds.
    Oh, yeah, that's a given. When I first heard this I told Jordyn that her parents were blatantly lying. See, these people are extremely over-protective, INSECURE (both overweight and many other things), and purely think that because they are parents, they simply CANNOT be wrong! This drives me nuts!

Never in their right mind would they say "Hey, you know what? I never saw it that way... Thanks, kid, you're pretty cool." Therefore, I am instantly sickened to death.

I find that creepy as hell. Especially considering Jordyn's mom's bad taste in men. I hope you don't push these people too far. They sound nuts.
    Haha, I don't really care how far I push them. How much worse can it get? Jordyn isn't allowed to talk to me on the phone, see me, basically have anything to do with me. What would I lose by telling them what I think? Nothing. The worst-case scenario is that it stays the way it is, and they just hate me even more. Best-case is something changes.

About the dad not showing you any respect, I say that generally when you want something someone else has power over (like a girl), it is stupid not to defer to their authority and show respect.

You, on the other hand, have to EARN their respect, and that isn't going to happen when you are so disrespectful.
    Yes, this is one of those times where I'm going to fill in with proper info as needed.

See, back when her mother absolutely adored me, she told me Jordyn's step-dad didn't trust anybody very easily and that it would take a very long time to earn his trust. After about 6 months of being completely nice, inviting them all to our house, to festivals, and everything, I decided that I wasn't going to play the game anymore because he still treated me like shit. Oh, by the way, I called both of her parents individually BEFORE dating Jordyn just to ask if it was okay (they obviously agreed and had no problems with it). They can eat shit.
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 10-03-06 at 05:55 AM.

They do sound rather severe.

It is true. Some people are just plain jerks.

King Zarathu Guest
    So what do you guys think I should do? We weren't able to do anything for her birthday, and tomorrow they're going out of town. She got a "maybe" for saturday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast