+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What form of birth control do you use?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The depo shot also has other side effects as well. Weight gain and hair loss are ones that friends of mine experienced. Not worth it in my opinion.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

wow, that's odd. It contains the same thing (progestin) as most other forms, though there are various sub-types of it, I suppose, just to confuse us.

Abstinence...

Not a single scare yet.

good for you I just don't think abstinence is going to cut it much longer for me..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    The depo shot also has other side effects as well. Weight gain and hair loss are ones that friends of mine experienced. Not worth it in my opinion.
    Those are symptoms characteristic of ALL birth control methods involving synthetic hormones along with (temporary) sterilization.

GrkScorp: I'd really like to see the source supporting what you wrote.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Condoms..................

does anyone use the female condom? I cant say i've ever really understood it!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here's one I found Vash that has several articles..I know of a few more that when I find them I will post it.

[url]http://www.csun.edu/~psy453/crimes_y.htm[/url]

And this one is strictly on Depo provera and how it works which states you may have a slightly harder time getting pregnant after stopping..but says nothing about being completely infertile..

[url]http://www.americanpregnancy.org/preventingpregnancy/depoprovera.html[/url]
    Last edited by Rosebud; 30-06-06 at 07:41 AM.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Interesting. I actually don't have a problem with chemical castration for sex offenders. I also support voluntary programs for underpriviledged people to be able to have effective birth control. I don't see permanent sterilization being shown anywhere as a side effect, though. Maybe I missed it?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If I couldn't afford birth control, I'd be crying grateful to have someone give it to me. Only a man would have a problem with this.

vash, don't get me started on crime-specific punishments :>

I've seen something along the lines of "temporary infertility may last up to 22 months after stopping depo-provera" in a side-effects list once. I suppose if it was given in a big enough dose.. It's scary that the stuff in it is similar to the stuff in most of the other forms of contraception too. implanon is supposed to wear of almost instantly! aint that neat.. and apparently not one in 2,000 women got pregnant while on it. I once asked a doc about it, and he said,.. you have to be careful with the taxpayers money! At the time I let it drop, but now I figure, surely providing me 3 years of the pill would cost the state more than 100€?

edit: i love being poor.

Bah! Okay, time to counter all the Nuvaring bashing!

I've been on Nuvaring for 7 months. Never been on anything else and probably never would be. It's NOT AT ALL like an IUD. You get 3 rings from your doc, go home, and insert it yourself in the privacy of a bathroom or bedroom (some women like to lie down to put it in.) It's actually just like a diva cup with hormones. It fits around your cervix and almost all women can't feel it (like tampons) and it rarely slips down. Sometimes partners say they feel it, but it's not a bother. You have it in for 3 weeks, take it out, put another one in 1 week later.

Benefits:
    -No pills- you can forget them and they can upset your stomach
    -Low hormone (lower than the pill!)
    -Consistent hormones! Very important for controlling mood swings!
    -discreet, unlike the patch and pill
    -convenient (no doctors involved except to get check ups + presc.)
    -YOU CAN TAKE IT OUT FOR UP TO 1 HOUR
    -You can stop immediately- this is important if you've never been on HBC before because the shot can cause problems, which you'd be stuck with for 3 months! I would try this method first.

Problems:
    -Can cause more infections if women are prone to them (wash your hands before puting it in or out!)
    -Can slip
    -Regular BC side effects

But definitely talk to your doc first, they can fit you with just the right method. We also use condoms, BTW.

Don't get me started with hormonal castration! It doesn't solve the problem, it just makes them unable to use their penis! They find other ways to molest!

King Zarathu Guest
    I use a condom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123