+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't read this. If you open it, you'll regret it. You'll push 'back' immediately.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Denthrare
    Something about this seems temporary.

-Z
    I agree with thinker, sounds like you're good to go! However, you will definitely want to watch out. If this is, in fact, temporary, and you DO NOT want drama, misery, and more..well, bullshit in your life, then I would still cut contact. Here's why:

1) "I'm not going to go out of my way to see her"
    2) "seeing her didn't bug me at all"
    3) "I am safe from the past."

It is very possible that all of the above are temporary, but if you want to keep them static conditions then you'll want to simply cut contact.... I mean, if you REALLY feel like you need to stay friends with her and experience more drama bullshit that your gut says will come up later on, then that's cool.

I guess the big problem I have with cutting all contact with Steph is that it would have a couple perceivably negative effects;

1.) I'm very introverted, and she is one of the few friends I have who I can maintain a connection with
    2.) This would definetly alienate Charles, who is probably my best friend.

I'll stick with avoiding but accepting unnecessary contact with her, and if I experience results I'm not happy with... I'll step it up.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and advice.

-Z
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
    -Charlie Brown

I've read everything and man, I know exactly how you feel. I have been through this exact shit several times so I know how much it hurts. I love someone right now who I've loved for a year and a half but he doesn't feel the same. Trust me though breaking off contact with her and trying to run away and avoid her won't help at all, it'll only make it worse.

Think about her, talk to her, talk about her, don't pretend she isn't alive because when she does happen to sneak back into your life in whatever way it'll only hurt more. It's like turning on a computer to use it. The power needed to turn it on and the damage to the environment is much harsher then if you are to just leave it on standby. If she's always on your mind it seems to make it almost "bearable" after a while. And then someday, you'll wake up and she'll cross your mind, and it would feel like your heart is being ripped out. And you'll think to yourself, "When did this happen?" And you'll never really know, but that doesn't matter, what matters is she doesn't kill you a little inside like she used to. She'll always be a part of you and she'll always have a piece of your heart, talking from personal experience, but someday that missing piece won't ache as much.

And only when that hole that will never go away no matter what stops hurting like it used to will you be able to find another woman with the beautiful depth you found in her. And you will, maybe the same kind of depth or a different kind that you never knew you would find as wonderful, but they're out there, wanting a loving, caring, strong man with depth just like you. Trust me, I'm one of them.
    Last edited by Kit Kat; 28-11-09 at 02:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123