+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tired of being single ..

thelonius Guest
    I'm sorry for what you're feeling, but just to let you know, that you're not alone with this dilemma. There's nothing abnormal about you, just because you can't have a significant other at 17. As previously mentioned already, chances are, it is likely that it wouldn't last [and possibly have a bitter end] *if* you do find yourself in a relationship at your age.

As per your previous post, getting involved in your studies and extra-curricular activities that interests you, for the time being is a very good idea. Who knows? What starts out as a hobby might turn into something more lucrative for you in the future, and possibly find a decent gentleman who might happen to share your interests in the process.

For example, I knew a guy who went through a painful break-up. After spending some time in my household, he took an interest in my guitars. Before I knew it, he was in an apprenticeship program that landed him a job in repairing stringed instruments at the local music shop. He became so good at it, that he had worked on my guitars too. That was three years ago and he no longer works there. The last time he corresponded, he claimed that he had enough knowledge to build a guitar entirely by himself, thus he enrolled in a luthiery school somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. Oh yeah, he also said that he found someone who also shared his interest, and they plan on setting up their own business once they get out of guitar school.

Who knows? There are other things that interests you [not guitars], and his success story just might be yours as well in the future. Hope this helps and good luck.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post

My first girlfriend was in college. I was 17 and she was 21.
    Damn how did you pull that one off?

But to KamiGirl- Don't feel bad about being single, a lot of us here are single and haven't ever had someone else. "Whatever happens, happens". That's just the way the cookie crumbles, there isn't always a lot you can do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123