+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC Games, what you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Oblivion was so much ****ing fun....
    hell yeah it was. i didn't play it on the computer because i have this thing where i'll only play computer games if i can run them at max settings. anyway, that game was so ****ing cool. though i gotta say, i liked morrowind better, there was more to do, as unbelievable as that may sound.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    hell yeah it was. i didn't play it on the computer because i have this thing where i'll only play computer games if i can run them at max settings. anyway, that game was so ****ing cool. though i gotta say, i liked morrowind better, there was more to do, as unbelievable as that may sound.
    Never played Morrowind, heard about it though. More to do? Jesus dude! That's insane. Oblivion was ****ing crazy though, I fell so madly in love with that game....

I want to download it again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You guys are nerds.
    Uh no. Geek maybe, but not a nerd as I am not candy damit.

You guys are still nerds.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Never played Morrowind, heard about it though. More to do? Jesus dude! That's insane. Oblivion was ****ing crazy though, I fell so madly in love with that game....
    In a sense yeah.

Like I said earlier, they dumbed down the game a bit so it'd be easier for casual gamers to get into. For one, the level system.

With Oblivion, blades are all encompassing, daggers, swords where were originally broken down to short blades and long blades, you had to level them up seperately. Same thing with blunt weapons, blunt weapons used to be things like clubs and maces, and axes were their own class, but they grouped those together too.

Armor is now only light armor and heavy armor. Morrowind had it so there was unarmored (you were better off with no armor if you leveled this) light armor, medium armor, and heavy armor.

In terms of NPC interaction, it's cool they all talk now, before it was all text which I didn't mind, but the persuasion mini-game is ****ed up. It simply doesn't make any sense. Before you could simply select, somethin' like "admire" or "taunt" or "bribe". Once your persuasion and speech craft got high enough in Morrowind you could taunt a guard into hitting you first, so you were free to kill him without penalty! Plus, how much sense does it make to have to bribe somebody regardless of whether they like it or not? DUMB.

In terms of depth, I feel Oblivion is lacking a bit. Y'know how you can become a vampire? Well, I wasn't given a choice, and got bit while I was sleeping. I didn't cure it in time and now I'm a vampire. Half the time I'm playing I'm questing for the cure. Now, as annoying as that is, what's more annoying is that there aren't any vampire quests. Vampires had their own mini quests in Morrowind! That was pretty cool. Not only that, but there were these things called 'houses', which aside from the guilds you could join to do things like trade between these organizations to gain more money. There were so many side stories and hidden quests.

I could go on and on, as I already have, but just to give you an idea, for those who've already played Morrowind extensively (I got to level 72 without ever bothering trying to beat the game). Oblivion can be a fairly underwhelming experience. One thing is for sure, they definitely improved the combat in Oblivion, the combat in Morrowind was enough to scare most casual gamers away.

King Zarathu Guest
    Oh, I see what you mean.

Yeah, the persuasion/bribe thing was really ****ed up. It didn't make any sense at all, but whatever. Oh, lock-picking didn't make much sense either. You don't really break lockpicks everytime you try.

the other thing morrowind had was more varying models for weapons and armor. so like magic armor or weapons weren't just regular ones with enchantments, they actually looked significantly different. and along the same lines as the vampire quest thing, there really were far more quests in morrowind than in oblivion.

anyone play F.E.A.R.?

King Zarathu Guest
    Yes, but only the single player. The multiplayer isn't going to reach the CPL or anything that will make me money, so I tend to stay away from it as well as I can.

It just got implemented into CAL, too.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I got bored of FEAR real quick.

i dunno, i kinda liked the multiplayer. my only problem with it was that it was hard as hell. everyone on there was a pro, i'd get maybe 5 kills per round which got discouraging. i find that that's true to some extent though with most online pc games, probably why i stick to consoles mostly.

on a different note, have you played the demo for dark messiah of might and magic? i know it sounds lame, but its great. its like oblivion in the whole midieval first person combat thing, but the combat is far better. you can chop of peoples heads and stuff and do fatalities. plus, the physics are excellent.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    my only problem with it was that it was hard as hell. everyone on there was a pro, i'd get maybe 5 kills per round which got discouraging. i find that that's true to some extent though with most online pc games, probably why i stick to consoles mostly.
    That's what happened to me with Quake 4. I kept getting my face beat and pressed against the back of my skull, abysmal scores like 40-2 every single day. I learn very quickly, considering I had to learn the way of professional gaming with Counter-Strike several years back. I've been playing 3 months now, and I kick ass. It's just about watching how the pros do it (demos and 1st person videos) and putting it into practicing.

Speaking of that, I'll be releasing my first Quake 4 video for the Internet, which should be cool. We're all looking forward to some movies in the dueling community.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I heard a few things about Might and Magic. Hell, I used to play the old Might and Magics. From 5-7. I never beat any of them, 'cause they were hard as hell. Looks like the 3D0 series is making a comeback.

the old ones really were great. i used to play them on a mac so when i got my new pc i couldn't play them i've been trying to find 3 for a while now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123