+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girlfriend with lots of guy friends

Hmmm it could also mean nothing at all.... It depends if you want to trust her or not. and trusting each other is quite an important factor in relationships.

I have many friends myself (girls) i hang out with them even if they have a boyfriend or not, we don't get personal we are just friends. Then again this situation is different she goes out with several guys some might be interested in her and some might not be.

You two should draw a line. In a relationship it's nice to spend some time with friends but both of you should also be spending some quality time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian View Post
    Just let me know if I'm too weird or some kind of possessive freak.
    Although I understand why you are upset about the dinner, I think breaking things off with her over this single incident seems impulsive and short=sighted, particularly if she has been a good, trustworthy girlfriend. I can assure you that lots of girls view friendships with males from a strictly plutonic point of view.

The bottom line is, has she ever given you a concrete reason to not trust her?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hi guys. First post. I can't believe I'm actually resorting to talking on an internet love forum about my relationship problems but maybe it's about time since it's difficult to bring these problems up with "real-life" people sometimes.

Anyway...

I was also in a long distance relationship once my girlfriend and her family moved to Florida and I went off to go to college in NY.

She became very sketchy while in Florida. She would at times bring up how she slept over guys houses after drinking with them. She promised me she wasn't doing anything and that she loved me. These new guys were just friends, she'd insist, and they weren't sleeping in the same bed or anything. I tried to bite my tongue a lot and not be an obsessive boyfriend but we'd end up getting in arguments sometimes. Not even arguments really...only me getting angry and then her taking it in and saying "sorry." This would always make me feel guilty so I'd always be the last to apologize.

When she visited me in NY in December she had brought up casually to her friends (while I was sitting right next to her) that her new necklace she had received from this guy Mike.

Of course, I had to voice my concern. Why is this guy giving her (my girl) gifts? Keep in mind this is the same guy who she's drank with and slept over his house.

She didn't understand my concern. She honestly made me feel like a fool for worrying about some guy giving her gifts. I mean certaintly she is allowed to receive gifts from other people, right?

Wrong. She didn't tell me about Mike giving her this gift until much later after the fact. Am I wrong for being so upset over this?

i can really relate to that...that my gf will keep saying that she and the guy were just friends, when its obvious that the guy is going after her.

ok since the i posted this thread, things have started to get better. I sat her down, i told her that the guys were really out to just get her. She knows that, but on her side, she just wants to maintain a friendship with the guy. So i told her to do an experiment, to tell the guy that they will only be friends and nothing more, coz she really loves her current bf, and to keep bringing me up, casually of coz. The result will be that either the guy will stop all activities with her and move on to another girl, or he'll step it up and confess soon. Either way, it'll show that the "guy friends" are not really "friends" afterall.

And guess what, they all stepped it up, did desperate and foolish things, and my gf start to see who are the real guy friends and who are the bastards trying to ruin us.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamel View Post
    i can really relate to that...that my gf will keep saying that she and the guy were just friends, when its obvious that the guy is going after her.

ok since the i posted this thread, things have started to get better. I sat her down, i told her that the guys were really out to just get her. She knows that, but on her side, she just wants to maintain a friendship with the guy. So i told her to do an experiment, to tell the guy that they will only be friends and nothing more, coz she really loves her current bf, and to keep bringing me up, casually of coz. The result will be that either the guy will stop all activities with her and move on to another girl, or he'll step it up and confess soon. Either way, it'll show that the "guy friends" are not really "friends" afterall.

And guess what, they all stepped it up, did desperate and foolish things, and my gf start to see who are the real guy friends and who are the bastards trying to ruin us.
    I have to give you props on that one. Well done sir.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123