+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dating long term friend w/ VERY, VERY scandalous past - should I bring it up?

I really don't think you will find a person on this earth that is 100% truthfull 100% of the time. Can you really say that, in every situation you've been honest in every case.

The point here is the damage that is caused by lying. I am definitely not right when I lied to her about emailing my ex but that's quite a bit less damaging to someone than having an affair w/ a married man while you date other guys for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by 2and2is5 View Post
    I really don't think you will find a person on this earth that is 100% truthfull 100% of the time. Can you really say that, in every situation you've been honest in every case.

Aw, hell no. I just never got caught, so I remain firmly seated upon my high horse.
    Spammer Spanker

That is why I love knowing everything. No one can lie to me.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2and2is5 View Post

The point here is the damage that is caused by lying. I am definitely not right when I lied to her about emailing my ex but that's quite a bit less damaging to someone than having an affair w/ a married man while you date other guys for years and years.
    Funny!

Anyway, I think there is a difference between saying "no, those pants don't make your ass look fat" and the types of lies you and this woman are engaging in. I think your lie is pretty much on par with hers. They both had something to do with infidelity, right?

Why are you having such a hard time admitting you have a problem with her past?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123