+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I-Phone

Yes that Nokia 9300i. So what if it is "ugly". I like it and that what matters. I could give a rats a$$ if my cell phone is fashionable.

ok, most nokia phones are nice. they all have kinda the same professional silver look. like a nice Audi- unobtrusive yet smart. that phone, however, is downright ugly. I gave you the benefit of the doubt however, and assumed that you knew this and liked the phone for it's features anyway. Then I saw that it had no camera, which temporarily made me question your sanity, till I realised that not everyone is obsessed with having a 2 mp phone camera on board. what is it about this phone that you like? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post

Is that a phone or a remote control?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    ok, most nokia phones are nice. they all have kinda the same professional silver look. like a nice Audi- unobtrusive yet smart. that phone, however, is downright ugly. I gave you the benefit of the doubt however, and assumed that you knew this and liked the phone for it's features anyway. Then I saw that it had no camera, which temporarily made me question your sanity, till I realised that not everyone is obsessed with having a 2 mp phone camera on board. what is it about this phone that you like? I don't get it.
    The main reason I like it is that it has wifi and its part cell phone part PDA, and that its not like the other cell/PDA that are fat in width, plus it does not have small ass keys. I also like the "ulgy" looks of it as I like plain simple non fancy looks. And I also like that it does not have a freaking camera as well. If I want to take a picture I use my digital camera, not a cell phone one damit. And when I am going to buy anything I for the most part do my homework on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    Is that a phone or a remote control?
    No its a transponder for my space ship.

that actually makes a lot of sense. I was going to mention another nokia (forget its name.. I think its the E61) that my brother has, which would be similar in features-- but it is wide and has tiny keys, though he types pretty damn fast on them...
    then again he does type like 90 to 100 wpm on a regular keyboard, so maybe he's just a freak.

I like nokia phones in principle. Nokia does NOT know how to design, the only looks they can pull off at all is the silver understated, the infamous thicker-at-the-top-and-thinner-towards-the-bottom shape by which I can spot a nokia across the room, and the 'sleek simple black' look.

Now and then they make a "designery-looking" phone that i'm sorry, just looks GAY, GAY GAY!!

the Nokia 9300i is a weird in between- it's silver and has a simple shape.. but the keys are non-standard and there's a horribly obvious curve that trails off in these silver lines around the side of the phone.. ew.. honestly, there is some outrageously gay guy working at nokia, and he's corrupting all their phones.

However, I can not use them. I've used SE, Samsung, Motorola and NEC phones, I figure out interfaces on digital cameras and such easily, but I cannot grasp nokias at all, even though they were the first phones I used. Maybe this explains why some people buy only nokias- can't figure any of the others out.

I am wary of phones that flip, slide, twist, or have any kind of moving action whatsoever, for I WILL relentlessly and obsessively flip/slide/twist the phone till it falls apart. I almost slid my samsung to death

Tiay what is the big deal about how the phone looks? Yes I agree there are some ugly looking ones, but most phones to me look just fine.

I am also aware of any problems that may come up with phone that open up in any fashion. But I am not that worried about it, because I take good care of all of my stuff.

I guess I just care about design more. In fact, one of my classmates has the saying "studying graphic design ruins your life" because whenever you look at anything that was designed/layed out/etc, you start analysing the crap out of it.
    for instance, I just realised that the Poland Spring bottle standing beside me while I was writing this has the dot of the 'i' squished down, because there wasn't space below the 'a' of Poland, and I was trying to envisage other solutions for that problem.

hold on, I was really just making fun of my obsessive need to manipulate anything that's in my hand. I have like a rubik's cube and a slinky by my desk along with other stuff that I toy with. Nothing but a candybar-type phone will survive my ownership in the long run.
    Last edited by Tiay; 30-07-07 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    And I *LOVE* the fact that phone up there doesn't have a camera! Such a foolish thing, a grainy little clip-art maker on a phone. Waste of space & power & useful features. Instead of making room for say, a larger battery, larger memory card, audio capabilities, wireless or whatnot, they sacrifice them for this near-useless lens that takes pictures that inevitably make one think, "Wow, what a great time...I wish I had a camera with me."
    I flat out disagree with this (and I don't know why i'm so argumentative recently..). Yes, the VGA cameras (those you see on most moto phones) are pretty mush useless- and especially as a business person, you can look kinda silly with a camera phone. However, the 2 mp camera on my Sony Ericsson K610i is very useful, and takes good photos. here's a 610i photo:

you wouldn't even know it was taken on a cameraphone. Heck, the first digital camera I had was 2 MP, though of course the lens was a lot better. The video feature on the phone, unlike the video on my 800 dollar Nikon camera, can actually buffer till the memory is full.. I use it a lot.

I have a pretty cool looking phone.

A bit old maybe, but still does its job!

Tiay - I can see doing graphic design will do that to you. Ya I can see a camera phone being useful to some people, but why does everyone thing they need it?

Jimmy1218 - I highly doubt that phone will work with todays cell tech. I think the cell phone companies even phased out such phones a long time ago.

oh, speaking of design, do the new smilies annoy the crap out of anyone else?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I hate the new ones.

They're such a gimmick.

Anyway, I'm all for a phone that does little more than make calls, receive calls, texts, has the date and time, has an alarm, and has the option for different ring tones.

you sound like my dad, fras. though, that is primarily what I do with my phone. but somehow I love having extras.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Overall, I feel like I'm a practical kind of guy.

Don't do it! Wait for V2 - hopefully they will improve the quality of the phone's reception!
    I LOVE love poems:
    [url]http://www.links2love.com/poetry_poems.htm[/url]
    I also LOVE love quotes:
    [url]http://www.links2love.com/quotes.htm[/url]

Incredizible!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast