+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Moving to Oklahoma-

wow frizzz. how exciting!!!

and as giga is right, now you're too close to ignore us!...
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    wherever you go, may you be happy.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So on my 2nd day of drivin' about looking for a job, apparently I just landed one at the Goodyear Factory 10 minutes from here.

It's Monday-Friday, 7-3pm. 7 bucks an hour. The cost of living here is much less than it is in Philadelphia, so the idea of most entry level positions being 7 bucks has thrown me off a little bit, but that's about average. The minimum wage is like 5.50.

Here's the thing.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT MY JOB IS.

I asked the guy I was looking for a Mon-Fri thing, and he says there was only one position open for that kind of shift, and so I asked him if I needed to be skilled for that job, he told me they'd train me regardless.

Here's to hoping that whatever it is, it's bearable enough to last me about a year. Right now, top priority is sustaining myself enough that I can pay all my expenses while having time to visit Amy.

Orientation starts tomorrow at 7:30am.

I'm happy and nervous at the same time.

Well, congratulations on your job, whatever it is.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not set in stone, I'm not yet an employee, and I'm still searching for other jobs...filling out an application as an apartment maintenance position right now. But it's a start, and a pretty good one I think, even if I don't take it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Work hard & move up quickly. Are you gonna be okay at that wage, Fras? Post a new thread about this if you need help/ideas.

Good luck w/everything!

Aww. so cute. Oklahoma isn't so far away. You'll make new friends, and get to be with the love of your life.
    "Ogres are like onions."

arty!!!!!!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is copied from my blog, but it's relevant to this thread for obvious reasons. I left out the part concerning my job searching frustrations.

On the other hand, outside of looking for a job. Living here has been alright. It kinda hit me that I will probably still be living here for a year. It hit me in a rather bizarre way when I was talking to my brother the other night. A whole year? That's crazy. The other thing is, now that I'm living with my brother, I can see how much we've changed. How much less I look up to him. His word might as well have been God's when I was younger. Now I catch myself telling him to "shut up" and "I don't care" to his random rants about religion, or why it's wrong to hit a kid, or fúck, who knows what else.

Speakin' of kids. I definitely have a limited patience for the 3 year old runts.They get their hands into everything and they barely understand, much less speak English. Can you imagine having to explain to a grown adult why pissing in your pants is frowned upon? Or how everybody will like you less if you start crying?

You can't reason with these things. They're too dumb. I find myself treating the kid the same way I treat the 4 obnoxious dogs. "No!" when they do something wrong, and an obligatory pat on the head if they do something right. If they act stubborn, I either grab them by the collar, or pick them up and put them where they need to be.

2 things I hope for by the time I leave this place.

1.) One or more of these dogs will either die, runaway, or be sold.

2.) Victor will start pissing in the toilet and stop crying like a little wuss. Oh, discontinue pronouncing his C's like T's.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like three year olds, but it wouldn't be easy to move in with one you haven't known intimately from birth... culture shock.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Three year olds are completely unreasonable. I'm glad you wen with the collar. I should have done that with my kid.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I gave her an orgasm for the first time (at which point she literally kicked me off the bed), Saturday.

She brought me to climax for the first time, Sunday. It was a pretty good weekend.

On the downside, Eagles lost to Cowboys.
    Last edited by Junket; 06-11-07 at 02:40 AM.

woah! how'd she kick you off the bed?!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pretty good weekend? SOunds like a GREAT weekend to me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Had a talk with Amy, moving in with her is kinda out of the question because of her parents.

However, I'm considering moving in with roommates and then finding a job once I get there. I would have a lot more freedom in the kind of job I applied for if I was living in the same area as Amy.

In fact I might stay with her this upcoming week to do job/apartment hunting.

My options are beginning to feel exhausted here in Lawton, I need to look at alternatives.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast