View Poll Results: how high is your sex drive?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • i want it all day every day.

25 62.50%
  • once/twice a week.

9 22.50%
  • hardly ever

5 12.50%
  • meh..what sex drive?

1 2.50%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how high is you sex drive?

>> You really shouldn't have taken that seriously. XD By the way, just because something's plastered all over the internet doesn't mean it's public domain. It may be all right to use that quote, but the fact that it's been used all over the place will not be the reason.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tracy Cox sounds like a woman who doesn't have orgasms.

GrkScorp - you don't really believe the stuff you write, do you? I mean, it is entertaining, but so far off the mark, I can't help but woder if you are merely trying to have a good laugh.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    oh.. g-d no!.. no no relax.. the quote from Tracey Cox was on many public forums so it falls clear in the public domain and there are no copyright issues to worry about.. and the rest after the quote is my own content so there's no issue involved.. Loveforum has no liability to worry about.. I would never do that kind of stuff on a forum..

i'm not sure if Tracey Cox gives lectures.. she does have books though, I believe that's her main source of revenue these days.. some are ok, some are just for fun.. but again.. I don't endorse her or any of her affiliates.. i'm just saying that she happens to publish books.. because she is a renowned and well-respected body language expert in the UK & US..

hah!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

but on a serious note, as long as you have cited her I think you're legally in the clear...

now getting back to me laughing my butt off....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    >> You really shouldn't have taken that seriously. XD By the way, just because something's plastered all over the internet doesn't mean it's public domain. It may be all right to use that quote, but the fact that it's been used all over the place will not be the reason.
    She has used it on her own site.. which is a quote from one of her books.. and since I did quote her name.. i'm not implying that it's my property.. as is the case with many other displays of her quotes on other public forums..

as for what I write.. i've actually done this plenty of times.. i've thrown all-out emotional war during the first 2 months.. and the relationships were great after that.. with the exception of my very first relationship in high school.. all other relationships that ended were because "I" was fed up.. or bored.. or just generally unhappy..

am I a very picky person.. yeah.. i'll be honest.. I am.. little details bother me.. but hey.. little details bother women too.. and all women i've been with have had more or less nothing to complain about.. they didn't like the trutle-necks I wore.. ok fine.. the next day.. I put the turtle-necks aside and started wearing something else they liked.. they didn't like sea-food & meat.. ok fine.. we are other stuff.. I was very open to change.. always.. they wanted my hair a certain way.. I'd make it that way if it made their day.. why not? they wanted me to shave all the time.. but not a full shave, just some micro-fuzz on my face, they found that appealing.. so fine.. I did, I did, I did..

but guess what.. when it came time for turning the table.. I didn't seem to see the same level of committment to making the other person happy.. so, sooner or later.. (later was usually the case, I had to call things off).. sex is one thing.. but believe it or not.. and maybe this just holds true for me.. but sex is not all that great.. I know it sounds pretty gay comming from an older guy.. but I would much rather have someone next to me which is very feminine and makes me want to cuddle them all the time, and kiss them, and hug them, etc.. than someone who wants sex all the time.. and it's very hard to find the exact balance of looks and dressing, and personality that will make me feel that way..

the advice I posted up be4 is stuff I tell my guy friends.. who are more about the "sex sex sex.. not enough sex.." and it works wonders.. as far as Tracey Cox goes.. I think she implies that women don't enjoy sex physically.. which I don't agree with.. in fact.. I strongly disagree with... but it is true that there is a stronger emotional component for women than there is for men when it comes to sex..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    but on a serious note, as long as you have cited her I think you're legally in the clear...
    what do I care? let them find GrkScorp.. lol

I'm more concerned about the forum, and "it" not having to deal with the whole non-sense that would follow..

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael6084 View Post
    pretty much. that's why guys coming too early is a problem in sex.
    Yes, it's rather dramatic... It goes from like, "LETS DO IT", to, "Can't we have an intelligent conversation about Iraq instead of having sexual intercourse?"
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    She has used it on her own site.. which is a quote from one of her books.. and since I did quote her name.. i'm not implying that it's my property.. as is the case with many other displays of her quotes on other public forums..

I only wrote that because your other post implied that the reason it was in public domain was because of its use elsewhere, which is not true. I didn't accuse you of violating the law or anything, because giving her credit for the quote is indeed proper procedure. I'm just making sure it's clear that use all over the internet is not the same thing as being in public domain. Because it's not.

Okay, so I'm a bit of a copyright freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    Okay, so I'm a bit of a copyright freak.
    lol.. no no.. that's good.. you're not a "freak".. there's nothing wrong with being right.. you're right.. : )

i'm actually quite flattered to see someone else so up-to-date about how things work : )

I think universty/college students all end up being copyright freaks! Especially at my university where there was a contraversy about plaigiarism a few years back...since then, it's become so strict, everything has to be put through Turnitin and perfectly referenced. I'm not kidding when I say that it takes almost as much time and effort to compile in-text referencing and bibliographies as it does writing the damn essay.

I think universty/college students all end up being copyright freaks! Especially at my university where there was a contraversy about plaigiarism a few years back...since then, it's become so strict, everything has to be put through Turnitin and perfectly referenced. I'm not kidding when I say that it takes almost as much time and effort to compile in-text referencing and bibliographies as it does writing the damn essay.
    it's funny you should say that.. I remember in college.. in one of my english classes, two people handed in the same paper.. (they didn't know eachother)..

so the professor comes in one day and says i've finished grading your papers.. the essays were generally very good.. but two students' essays really stood out.. I want to read them to you because I think we can all learn something..

Essay 1.. "Chauser's theme in the Miller's tale goes on to capture the power women have over men, and how they go about exploiting it. We are first introduced to a rather lovely young woman, who quickly discovers how to harness such power over men by manipulating their only weakness; the need for sex."

Essay 2.. "Chauser's theme in the Miller's tale goes on to capture the power women have over men, and how they go about exploiting it. We are first introduced to a rather lovely young woman, who quickly discovers how to harness such power over men by manipulating their only weakness; the need for sex."

(the two studends lowered their heads)

the professor said.. "these two essays were so amazing, I already sent a copy to the dean of students.. and they both got the same grade (F+)"

I AP'd out of both English courses, so I don't know anything about college-level ones, so much. XD So I'll just take your word on how bad things can get.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I’m attending a fairly prestigious journalism college in the US. Not too many years ago a man graduated from that very college, got a job at the Washington Post, and began creating bullshit stories. He made up people, crafted compelling but fictitious interviews, and blatantly stole other people's ideas.

Ultimately he was caught and it was a huge embarrassment to the college. Now if you're caught plagiarizing, that's it. You're out of the college and you have a black mark on your transcripts for the rest of your life. Zero tolerance. I'm glad they're cracking down. Thing is, they don't differentiate between blatant plagiarism and mild mistakes.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Scorp, if such a long paragraph was word for word exact for both students... 99.99% they either plaigiarised each other, or more likely plaigiarised both off another source. It's almost impossible for two people to write or say something using the exact same phrasing.

During my first year, I talked with a friend about an essay we had and shared ideas. That's all, we talked. When we got the essays back, the lecturer asked "so who copied whom?" I think we both just went bright red. It just got labelled collusion and we got a verbal warning and a mark against our names. It was ridiculous.

During my first year, I talked with a friend about an essay we had and shared ideas. That's all, we talked. When we got the essays back, the lecturer asked "so who copied whom?" I think we both just went bright red. It just got labelled collusion and we got a verbal warning and a mark against our names. It was ridiculous.
    Should always challenge the lecturers when they do things like that. Having a talk about an essay is very different to copying from one another. The lecturer must have hard proof of plageriased material and present it when asked. Just likeness of ideas is not enough to get a warning. Lecturer's are people, they make mistakes too. I don't find it hard to imagine their face going red as well after a good challenge.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    On a thread devoted to discussing your sex drive we somehow find ourselves talking about plagiarism and journalism.

What does THAT say??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast