+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What gives you REASON for LIVING!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    you forgot to say drink liquor.. i'm always in need or a drinking partner.

raverboy
    .. and one day get completely shit-faced with Illussional!

because life is fairer than death, that's all.

Pain keeps me living. Death doesn't scare me. It is the transition between living to death. In-fact....death....or the non-existence....sounds pretty sweet and peaceful.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Pain keeps me living. Death doesn't scare me. It is the transition between living to death. In-fact....death....or the non-existence....sounds pretty sweet and peaceful.
    Pain keeps you living? Death sounds sweet to you? What kind of twisted son of a b**** are you?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Pain keeps you living? Death sounds sweet to you? What kind of twisted son of a b**** are you?
    A successful one

What is so hard to understand? I don't like pain and try to avoid it. Dying is painful....thus I avoid dying. I don't avoid dying because I don't want to die. Once I am dead I am way to dead to care that I am not alive. Death is the end of pain and suffering...unfortunately it takes pain to get there, it is the natural mechanism by the way of evolution to prevent you from doing early what is inevitable ....dying.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 25-01-08 at 03:58 PM.

Oh man... lol *stretch* Im awake!!

Anyways, what gives me reasons for living?

Honestly I don't have all that much to live for.. I have a few things here and there some small things and some big things but all together Its all just kind of a big routine.

Sometimes certain things are more emphasized than others when it comes to all this. One major thing for me personally is something as simple as "Inspiration" and "Curiosity" that can keep me going quite busily for a while atleast.. Everything loses interest and become boring after so long. Although every now and then when a new Inspiration comes to view I greatly enjoy living and wish to continually cultivate this inspiration.

Seems futile but nothing last forever, I guess thats the point?
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

My reason for living? Hope, to accomplish something... anything...
    Don't expect anything.

For a lot of us, its the same answer:

To see what happens next

Quote Originally Posted by 92135011 View Post
    For a lot of us, its the same answer:

To see what happens next
    The answer always seems to be "jack shit"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To eat.
    ______

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    The answer always seems to be "jack shit"
    LOL, so you think you're bored now, OV?

Am I the only one that thought that Tom Hanks had it good in that shipwrecked movie (his FedEx plane crashed & he lived on that island)?

There's a reason why things like Elderhostel & cruise ships are so damned popular.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    nice thread btw!

i believe the question 'what is your reason for living'? (with a bit of flexibility) can be approached another way... 'what is it that keeps the wheels of life spinning for you'?

I know it's a bit nit picky like Tiay said above, but i just thought i'd add that for some clarity.

Well, there are two approaches i could take with this question...

APPROACH 1... list all the things in life, oh the wonderful things like the sun and the stars, and the cute little innocent children, and world peace, and unicorns, multicolored cotton candy... and so on... HOW I WISH LIFE COULD BE

APPROACH 2... tell you about the bills, stress, the sometimes lonely hours of the day, the hard work, the reality of everday life. HOW LIFE REALISTICALLY IS

(sorry for the dramatics)

Let's call it a specturm... approach 1 represents 10 points.... and approach 2 represents 0 points...

Ideally, we would all like to be in the 10 point range...

For me, it's always been ups and downs... i go from 2 to 6, back to 1 and sometimes reach as high as 8! because that's what living is... it's about making mistakes, it truly is a journey... and i love every day, week, month, and year of it, i enjoy the challenge of it... that's what keeps my wheels going...

...not sure if i expressed myeslf as i wanted to, hope you got the idea though.
    i remember writing this post.... right now i'd say i'm at -5 (that's negative 5)....

....but i'm glad i once thought the way i did when i wrote the post... something to look foward to i guess ?

LostNotFound Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, so you think you're bored now, OV?

Am I the only one that thought that Tom Hanks had it good in that shipwrecked movie (his FedEx plane crashed & he lived on that island)?

There's a reason why things like Elderhostel & cruise ships are so damned popular.
    yeh the movie castaway. he had it bad when he wacked his tooth with an ice skating shoe.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Vaginas give me reason for living

I have a lot of reasons for wanting to live, actually.

- I want to experience as much as possible. There are still places I want to go to and see, people I want to meet.

- There are things I want certain people to know about me, and to also let these certain people know certain things ()

- I want to achieve things, to make some sort of impression. It always depresses me when I hear of people dying, having left nothing behind. It's like they're life was for nothing really.

ps. for those people who placed God as their number one reason:
    what are your reasons for this? I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, just curious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast