+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spousal Violence

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Grk, you are full of crap. Aikido uses dan systems, as does most traditional martial arts. That is all.

Even if you are studying some newly formed MA that noone has heard of, I wonder what your Sensei would say if he knew you were posting you were the equivalent of a Grand Master. Which is what a 9th or 10th dan is. Which is what you say your equivalency is.

I already said a 'kyu' are junior levels (kyu = kyo if you were studying something like aikiki style). So, either your full of crap or your MA is, as noone achieves levels that high so young unless its a) no good, or b) you made it up. You claim its aikijujitsu/aikido based (something I train in) so I know its BS.

The other reason I know its BS is b/c you talk waaaaay to much for someone who is supposedly a master of a martial art.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 12-03-08 at 09:29 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

everybody wants to be bruce leeroy.

baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You claim its aikijujitsu/aikido based (something I train in) so I know its BS.
    You know Indi, honestly, I wanted your little feud against me to cool down a little bit, so I tried really hard to not make you feel like you had your foot in your mouth; but since you do train in it, you may want to take a look at this:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menkyo_kaiden[/url]

I said to myself, "you know what, I know Indi said she's on wiki, I know she must have come across something there, and it's almost right on key except for the intermediate ranks, but that's because it's talking about jujutsu, but don't post it up, just let her read it on her own, and this little fire will cool down, not in a mood for online drama between members, i've already played emotional-tampon for two of my friends in the past week, this isn't some little immature child, this is a grown, older, more mature, woman"

But no.. you kept going at it.. even though i'm sure you were aware of the fact that it has nothing to do with the dan system, because that's a modern japanese grading system..

Any (do) system, like Aiki(do) or Ju(do), which are in some way or another (no offense) the watered down versions of aikijujutsu, may or may not go under the dan system.. aikijujutsu doesn't, because it's classical, and goes under a pure menkyo system.. jujutsu also follows this system, (although in the US, you may THINK you're studying jujutsu only to find out you're really learning judo).. but jujutsu is becomming increasingly commercial and is slowly drifiting towards the dan system, imposing predetermined time limitations and monetary fees for advancement..

PS. Don't get p*ssed off at your school now.. It's not like they take your time and money and teach you how to wiggle your hands and legs.. No, you do learn, but in a way that's more commercially practical for the school than it is efficient for you as a student, especially an older student.. (I remember how fast my brother was sucked into Tae Kwon Do after his first yellow belt, then there was yellow with a black stripe, then orange, then red, then green, green with black stripe, blue, purple, purple with black stripe, brown, brown with black stripe, and finally his first black; all with 2-3 month limitations between each, and a $50 fee to advance from one to the other, and a $200 fee to get his first black.. it's a lure he fell into.. and he learned, Tae Kwon Do; but nothing about weapons, throws, grabs, throws, holds, joint locks, disarming, or breaks.. as a competition art, it was very useful & beautiful to watch, but for self-defense, it was impractical and pretty much useless.. something more useful which was unfortunately not being taught in NY at that time, was Krav Maga)

Now Indi, no hard feelings, seriously, you know me, I didn't post it up to win a little online tuffle, you just left me no choice.. it's not like you were "wrong".. and it's not like this was some ego challenge.. you just didn't know.. it's ok.. seriously.. it's not a big deal.. it's really not.. it happens.. but now that you know though, we can put this fued and fire behind.. nobody is "right" or "wrong".. seriously.. it's not a matter of being right or wrong.. if anything Indi, you're right.. you're older, and more mature, and hopefully, we can have what we had not too long ago.. no tuffles..

- In the future, it helps to know that I follow Mark Twain's saying (to which I can't remember word for word, but it goes something like) "don't lie, that way, you'll never have to think about what the truth is"

- It's almost impossible to think that people do these things, and have such packed lives, and not because of any parental pressure, but just by their own choice.. To that i'll say, come to NYC, and you'll start to get a feel for how i'm not more than "average" at best.. Impossible is a 22 y/o from Shanghai who knows the piano & violin, (perfectly), has always had a 4.0 GPA, finished her undergraduate college degree at age 19! (In Accounting), finished her M.S. in Accounting at 20.. Speaks Chinese, Korean, and English (perfectly with no accept), Had her CPA at age 20 because she attained work experience in auditing during college, (with no financial assistance from her parents, who still live in Shanghai, btw).. has already been promoted from junior to senior auditor at KPMG, is going to apply to NYU's Stern School of Business this year to get her MBA in Finance (while working), AND she's not ugly, she's actually a little cute.. What the hell are the rest of us doing at 22? or 23? or older? Nothing remotely close.. where was I going with that? Ah yes! AND she knows Kung fu, 2 different styles, one of which is Wing Chung to which she knows fully (and it was a style developed by a woman btw, you may want to look up the story, it's very interesting, and applies to this thread)
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, Scorp. I already told you, you said Aikido doesn't use dans. They do, you are wrong.

[url]http://www.aikido-yoshinkai.org/Kimeda_Sensei.html[/url]

That wiki link you sent says nothing (about what I'd expect from you). Any place that says they have nothing more to teach a 23 year old doesn't have much to teach, does it?

I did ask my sensei about KAR & he says its mostly a load of crap, which is why it isn't very popular. Many aikido sensei don't even consider it true 'aiki'. There are many paths, but its not a very effective one.

And, if you are the equivalent of a 9th dan, you are welcome to train at our dojo anytime.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    I remember how fast my brother was sucked into Tae Kwon Do after his first yellow belt, then there was yellow with a black stripe, then orange, then red, then green, green with black stripe, blue, purple, purple with black stripe, brown, brown with black stripe, and finally his first black; all with 2-3 month limitations between each, and a $50 fee to advance from one to the other, and a $200 fee to get his first black..
    Now you are displaying your ignorance. Aikido, the style I study, doesn't have any coloured belts. White, brown, black. That's it. Kyus for junior levels & dans for shodan & above.

But, of course, you are an expert in whatever you say you are. We know this. You just choose to ignore when posters tell you such. Like you ignored Mish telling you you were not a pyschiatrist.

Don't take it personally, Scorp. I told you before, its the internet. Most of the time you'll get to have your ego trip unchallenged, I understand you need it. If you post crap, there are ppl who will tell you when you're full of it. Price you pay for posting online & interacting with ppl who do happen to know what they are talking about.

So if you want to claim you are a 23 year old martial arts grandmaster equivalent, lol, go ahead. Just don't expect anyone who actually knows anything about that area to take you seriously. And don't say that to a room of actual MA experts and not expect to get your ass kicked for it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now Indi, no hard feelings, seriously, you know me, I didn't post it up to win a little online tuffle, you just left me no choice.. it's not like you were "wrong".. and it's not like this was some ego challenge.. you just didn't know.. it's ok.. seriously.. it's not a big deal.. it's really not.. it happens.. but now that you know though, we can put this fued and fire behind.. nobody is "right" or "wrong".. seriously.. it's not a matter of being right or wrong.. if anything Indi, you're right.. you're older, and more mature, and hopefully, we can have what we had not too long ago.. no tuffles..
    Ahahahaha! I just read this. You do make me laugh, Scorp. And I do feel a bit sorry for you.

But to be absolutely clear: I AM saying you were wrong. Or if you prefer the PC term "factually incorrect". Aikido uses dans. You said they didn't you are wrong.

But you do write with such authority, lol. Its cute.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I believe indi won this round.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh. If he has his teaching licence, he's probably a shodan or nidan equivalent. An achievement, no doubt, but definitely NOT a 9th dan equivalent. Grk is either not understanding that's what he was trying to sound like or he was deliberately not addressing it when the other poster asked him about his training.

GrkS: if I am wrong and you ARE a 9th or 10th dan equivalent, I am totally prepared to apologize over a pint of beer. *After* we invite you to our dojo to give a seminar. We have tons of visiting sensei from all kinds of do, not just aikido, we're just that good. Just PM me if you are really what you say you are.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ahahahaha! I just read this. You do make me laugh, Scorp. And I do feel a bit sorry for you.

But to be absolutely clear: I AM saying you were wrong. Or if you prefer the PC term "factually incorrect". Aikido uses dans. You said they didn't you are wrong.

But you do write with such authority, lol. Its cute.
    Indi, i've said what i've had to say, and as much as you can try to manipulate the facts and alter the reality.. we both know very well, but more importantly, you know very well, what was said.. and what the facts are.. so, all you attempts at misdirect, and efforts to try and twist what's being said, may convince you of whatever reality you want to accept for yourself, whatever reality makes you happy, but I could care less..

You challenged the Aikijujutsu system, you claimed it followed the dan system because your school of Aikido does, and you were wrong, BUT I didn't shove it in your face, I didn't poke at your ego, I just tried to let you see that for yourself.. but instead, as you realized that, your ego flared off once again, it was easier for you to run off in your mind and dance circles around the facts until you can come up with some way to convince yourself once again try and go on and on about how you're right, even though the point was not to try and get you to accept that you're wrong, it was to just cool down the feud.. something you seem unwilling to do..

But it's fine Indi, when you cool down from dan-system mode, when you take a look again at what's been said, and how obvious what you're doing is.. you and vash.. I know you won't laugh at yourselves, or pity yourselves, you may try to go on and on for a little while longer with jibber-jabber about me.. but as you do just that, I know you'll eventually realize how it comes off, and that's something i'm not going to mention explicitly, because again, it's not an ego challenge, it's not some fight, and I think i've already done enough to be soft on your ego, I haven't come in with an aggressive in-your-face "you're wrong, here are the facts, zip it now" attitude.. If you see it that way, think about what exactly that means.. but there's no fight going on.. because that involves two angry people.. it's a forum, and as i've mentioned, it's no big deal, get over it.. because I have, and you're the only one who seems to be feeling so hostile.. It's seriously NOT some "right/wrong" thing.. put anger aside for a second, and I know you'll realize it eventually for yourself Indi,

Again, no hard feelings, seriously.. i've said all I had to say for this thread; hopefully you realize on your own, what this whole thing amounts to, and we can put it all behind.. and just carry on, normally..

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Skorp, I don't think I've ever read any of your posts in their entirety. What's so damn hard about putting your thoughts down succinctly?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indi, i've said what i've had to say, and as much as you can try to manipulate the facts and alter the reality..
    Indeed. I looked very closely at what was said:

In Kaze Arashi Ryu, and I would imagine in other schools of aikijujutsu and even Aikido, there's no dan system
    Feel free to apologize for your mistake anytime, GS. Still waiting for that PM; love to have you out giving a seminar. Really.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you and vash.. I know you won't laugh at yourselves, or pity yourselves, you may try to go on and on for a little while longer with jibber-jabber about me.. but as you do just that, I know you'll eventually realize how it comes off, and that's something i'm not going to mention explicitly, because again, it's not an ego challenge, it's not some fight, and I think i've already done enough to be soft on your ego, I haven't come in with an aggressive in-your-face "you're wrong, here are the facts, zip it now" attitude.. If you see it that way, think about what exactly that means..
    Please, GS. There is nothing wrong with being wrong. Except that you don't know how to handle it gracefully.

You say you have no ego... you keep saying it, and keep saying it... do you know what they say about 'those who cry loudest'?

Know thyself young man.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Please, GS. There is nothing wrong with being wrong. Except that you don't know how to handle it gracefully.

You say you have no ego... you keep saying it, and keep saying it... do you know what they say about 'those who cry loudest'?
    - You took "In Kaze Arashi Ryu, and I would imagine in other schools of aikijujutsu and even Aikido, there's no dan system".. and heard only.. "even Aikido, there's no dan system".. (how on earth can you take that as a factual representation; it's nothing more than an assuption at best; but you knew that, it just didn't fit your story)

- I mentioned my rank, and it was clear that it was different from the Menkyo Kaiden rank, but you chose to group them together anyway.. (again, because it fit your story, your version)

- You insisted to equate it to a dan, even though you can't, but which dan? The Menkyo Kaiden equivalent.. why? it was made perfectly clear over and over again that this isn't my ranking.. but obviously that's not what you cared about.. (once more, because it fit your version; and were looking desperately for something, when you couldn't find it, you made it up; very scientific Indi)

- When you realized this for yourself, you resulted to insulting KAR.. (nice Indi, very respectful and mature)

- Ignoring the fact that YOU WERE WRONG about the menkyo system and insisting that Kaze Arashi Ryu must follow the dan system.. and still not saying "sorry" despite being wrong, and despite the link.. (no, relax; i'm not looking for your "sorry")

Ignoring the fact that you took the effort to totally change the topic, to twist the facts and interpretation of what I was saying to best fit your motive to insult me, and you kept trying, getting nasty, bitter, constantly crying, louder, and louder.. Despite the fact that I made it perfectly clear that despite everything you were doing, I didn't feel like making the hostility mutual, despite me being right, I didn't shove it in your face, because I know that your ego can't take it.. and I could care less about proving you wrong, that's not what's important to me.. it's more important for me to just get along.. so I didn't persist.. because I know that you feel that people don't take you seriously, and you must make the effort to put others down.. I don't know WHO has made you feel that way, but that's perhaps something you should ask yourself..

But it's not me, so take it up with that person, not me, i've taken you seriously, and shown you the respect you deserve, for your age, your education, and character.. but you continue, totally blind to what you're doing, but as you start to realize, exactly what you've been doing, and how this is NOT really like you, because I know it's not like you.. you might find it, easier, to say sorry, but not to me.. I could care less, seriously.. but to yourself..

And I want you to know, that you don't need to say "sorry".. that's not at all what i'm looking for, that means nothing.. I want you to know, that i'm not judging, and that I still don't hold any hostilities or bad feelings towards you, seriously Indi.. why don't we just get along from now on, and put all this behind.. it happens.. but it's not important.. what's important is that we can both get along.. I don't think that's too much to ask for.. to be civil and respectful..

(Just to be sure; what was said in this post, was ment in this post, there's no alternate meaning, that's it)

A man should never hit a woman...that's how I was raised and I will never hit a woman. On purpose of course, I tend to be very clumsy though, lol.

As for women hitting men, I don't tolerate that. My ex slapped me pretty hard twice, first time I let it slided because I said something stupid and I can take a hit without flinching. Second time I was ****ing pissed. I didn't even really do anything to deserve it, she was just in a shitty mood. I told her never to hit me again and that I will not tolerate it. I was very clear about what I meant and I think it kind of shocked/scared her because I was very easy going and never yelled or got angry at her. I won't put up with physical abuse even if she is weaker than me. I expect the same level of respect from a woman that I'll show her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why GS, do you insist on being so masochistic? Its like you've got a mental tic in this regard. An inability to simply say 'yes, I made a mistake' or 'I didn't mean to say aikido doesn't use dans, I was guessing'. LOL.

For the record (b/c I like to be precise) this is exactly what I said:

Aikido, which originated from aikijujistu, most certainly has dans. You're just flat out wrong on this, GS.
    Get it? I said AIKIDO has dans. I said nothing about aikijujitsu & dans except that it was the forerunner of aikido. Which it was. Unlike you, I am very precise in my choice of words. Precise AND concise.

This, is what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    You challenged the Aikijujutsu system, you claimed it followed the dan system because your school of Aikido does.
    My sincere apology, hun, for your reading disability, but no such did I say. Keep wriggling little fish. What are you learning from this?

I am still looking forward to that PM about coming to give a seminar at our dojo.

And since you obviously learned nothing in your training, *I* will end it here. Deflect you by putting you back on my ignore list. I get tired of listening to the empty wind blow. You should start training again, little fish.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast